Chapter 16

Her Strings of Disaster :: Gokusen 2 :: Yabuki Hayato

Chapter 16

 

Finally, a week after... Tsucchiya’s home suspension ended... as well as the expulsion.

 

Thanks for the whole effort of 3Ds and Yamaguchi. 

 

Everyone cheered in their room, Yankumi and Reiko were at the back of the class, relieved as they saw the guys joke around with Tsucchiya.

 

“Well... guess we’re back to normal again...” Yankumi let out as Reiko, beside her laughed and nodded.

 

“And we’re still hoping for your long patience and assistance, Yankumi,” Reiko replied as Yankumi grinned and gave Reiko a thumbs up.

 

“Count me on that!” Reiko giggled and nodded, though paused as she noticed the vibration of her phone.

 

She excuses herself from their homeroom teacher and makes her way farther to the back to answer the call coming from Takizawa.

 

“Yea?”

 

“Anou, Masaki-san... can you come over to Narita International Airport? It’s quite important...” Takizawa’s unsure voice comes from the speaker as Reiko frown.

 

“What are you doing there?” Reiko asked a bit loud, loud enough for the leader of 3D to notice.

 

“Well, you see... I’m leaving for America...”

 

“WHAT?!” her voice boomed as everyone heard her enough to stop what they were doing. Reiko cursed silently as she ended the call and excused herself quickly from their homeroom teacher.

 

“Ah- wait... Masaki-chan?!”

 

Suddenly, Hayato’s phone vibrated as well, a text coming from Daisuke made the said guy dash out of the room. This made everyone from the class follow them.

 

“What happened to them?! Why did they run like that?” Tsuchiya asked worriedly as they follow the still-running couple.

 

Ryu huffed and shook his head, “They’re going to the Airport...”

 

“Eh? Who’s there?” Yankumi suddenly butted in as everyone look a bit shocked.

 

“Less talking, keep running,”

 

 

 

Narita International Airport

 

Reiko runs aimlessly around the waiting area at the airport, looking for that tall, brown-haired guy who called her a few moments ago.

 

“Well, you see... I’m leaving for America,”

 

Her eyes narrowed as she remembered what he said, “That idiot... didn’t he care for what my answer is?” she thought, suddenly noticing Mizuo’s hair at the farther side of the waiting area. Her friends were here, and suddenly noticing the brown-haired guy, she quickly run towards them.

 

“Oi, idiot!” she called out as Takizawa paused from talking to Mizuo and look at Reiko in surprise, but suddenly a small smile appeared on the said guy.

 

“Reiko...” he called out as Takizawa looked at Mizuo who nodded.

 

Reiko only stood there as Takizawa strides his way towards her, she never minded how he called her with her first name. “I’m really sorry for making you go here in an instant... I’ve been busy arranging some requirements for me to fly from America,” he explained as he stood a few meters away from the black-haired girl.

 

“You idiot...” she quipped as she glared softly at the man in front of her. “And you’re just saying that to me because I’m of no importance?”

 

Takizawa nervously chuckled, smiling sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck, and Reiko noticed this and remembered his habit. A habit that he usually does when he’s guilty of something...

 

Unknown to the two couples, the rest of the 3D is just a few meters behind them, they were able to see the teacher and Reiko talking very clearly.

 

“It’s not that, Reiko... you’re really important to me,” Takizawa answered as he paused and look down. “It’s just that... I just don’t want you to worry about me, knowing that I really owe you too much of your time,”

 

Reiko stood there dumbly, suddenly looking away at his gaze. This was the Takizawa she fell in love with once, the ever so-caring guy she grew accustomed.

 

“Enjoy your high school, cherish all the memories you have, and leave the past... forget the bad memories I gave you,” Takizawa sadly let out, his eyes looking apologetically at the girl. He lifted Reiko’s chin using his finger as Reiko looks at him, emotion filling in those brown eyes.

 

“You’ve suffered too much because of me... I really am sorry for that. I was really stupid and never thought of your feelings, I’m not going to ask for your forgiveness here at this moment... I’m really okay if you still haven’t forgiven me, let time heals it.”

 

Takizawa pulled his finger away from Reiko’s chin and sighed, smiling brightly. “I’d always love how you smile so cheerily to everyone, Reiko. Please smile more, ne?” he let out, patting the girl’s head.

 

Reiko looks at him quietly as she noticed that the bruise, she made a week ago slowly faded, she smiled at him and nodded which took Takizawa by surprise but nonetheless smiled at her as well.

 

“I understand...” she let out; her words almost hearable. “It seems we’re too childish way back... we never hold back,” 

 

“B-But...” she paused, looking down and sighed. Suddenly looking up at Takizawa, “I forgive you, Hideaki-kun...” she let out as Takizawa’s eyes widen, smiling brightly as he once again heard her calling him by his first name.

 

“I’m glad...” he murmured, suddenly hugging Reiko who was surprised at the moment, but hugged back as well. “Thank you, Reiko... I’ll never forget this. I will never forget you,”

 

Takizawa pulled back from the hug, his hands leaning on her cheeks as his face leaned closer, and his lips gave a chaste kiss on her forehead. Reiko closes her eyes and accepts it.

 

“I guess that’s enough now, right?” it was Hayato’s voice making Takizawa pull back and step a few feet away from Reiko. Reiko looks at Hayato’s serious face, his eyes glinting dangerously toward the brown-haired guy. Takizawa did not need to be told a few times, he remembered him on the program of the school; he’s the guy who can control the Queen of the West Side.

 

Takizawa nodded and smile, “Yes...” he answered and look at Reiko and then at Hayato. “Please always watch her and take good care of her,”

 

“I know that already...” Hayato said, nodding towards the man who nodded as well and leave.

 

“I’m glad, then... Farewell, Reiko,” Takizawa let out as Reiko nodded and smile meekly. Suddenly feeling nervous as she took a small glance at Hayato’s serious face.

 

And with that, Takizawa left not before bidding farewell to Reiko’s friends and leaving the place.

 

Hayato sighed heavily as he glances beside Reiko who is looking down at the ground, “Geez you woman, at least tell me where you’re going before leaving us like that,” he let out after a few minutes of silence. “You almost had me a heart attack when you burst like that,”

 

Reiko looks up at Hayato blankly, suddenly remembering his serious face a while ago and his nonchalant look now. She could see the jealousy in his eyes when he looks at Takizawa... and now that Takizawa left... that jealousy faded as well.

 

“I’m sorry...” Hayato smiled a bit and pat her head.

 

“That’s okay... well then, shall we go?” Hayato let out, suddenly slinging his arms around her shoulders as the Class 3D cheers from behind.

 

“Eeehhh? What’s this? PDA on the airport you two?” Yankumi let out as the two look behind them.

 

“Eh? Why are they here?!” Reiko let out a blush appeared on her cheeks.

 

“They were already there the moment you were talking with Takizawa-sensei... jeez, you’re such a dense girl sometimes, Reiko-chan.” Euna let out as Daisuke and Shuriko laugh from behind Mizuo only smirks.

 

Reiko, astounded at the event happening, gapes like a fish as she looks at her friends and classmates and her homeroom teacher, Yankumi. She could hear Hayato chuckles beside her, still slinging his arms around her shoulders. “Well, I say we can’t really run for our lives, seeing we’ll be seeing them later...” Hayato quipped as Reiko chuckled and nodded, shrugging her shoulders as they started to walk towards their people. Never mind the loud cheers and questions about their relationships.

 

Reiko looks at Hayato lovingly as Hayato notices Reiko’s gaze back to him, he gazes back with the same intensity.

 

“Jeez, stop being so mushy you two... it’s starting to creep us off.” Daisuke blurted out as Reiko and Hayato only chuckles in response.