Chapter 2

Her Strings of Disaster :: Gokusen 2 :: Yabuki Hayato

So... nobody send some comments.. xDD

Oh well, I'll just have to post the next chapters whenever I want then.. :D So here's the next chapter... feel free to comment or suggest or whatever.. ^_^

================

Chapter 2: Queen's Request and Her Cousin

 

“Mou, Reiko-chan, what took you so long?” a girl’s voice asked irately as they hop into a café bar near Kurogin Academy. The girl has long black hair with side bangs, her hair tied in a high ponytail at the side.

 

“Tsk, just as expected from the queen,” a teasing voice coming from a guy’s voice let out, making Reiko glared at the brown-haired guy with brown eyes, who stand tall at 5’8 whose playing his cigarette lighter.

 

“Shut up,” Reiko sneered, throwing the couch pillow at the brown-haired guy. “Geez, will you stop saying that, Dai?!”

 

“Eh? Queen is pissed already?” it was a girl with brown long hair that is single-braided. “I thought you have a huge and long patience?”

 

“Mou, will all of you stop bragging about the ‘Queen’ topic, sheesh.” Reiko let out as she sits in a couch beside a black-haired guy with strict eyes, nodding in acknowledgement at the guy; she leaned into the couch and gets her coffee frappe.

 

“What is it?” said the black-haired guy, eyeing the quiet Reiko whom sips some of her coffee sundae.

 

Reiko let out a sigh and directed her gaze towards her friends, appreciating their unwavering support even after her expulsion. After all, she held the title of the Queen of the West Side. "My uncle has enrolled me at Kurogin Academy to continue my studies," she announced.

 

Everyone stopped what they were doing, their expressions filled with surprise upon hearing Reiko's unexpected news about her enrollment at Kurogin Academy.

 

"Kurogin Academy?! Wait, isn't that a boys' school?" the brown-haired girl asked, her confusion evident as she tried to confirm what she had just heard.

 

The black-haired girl chimed in, "Shuriko-chan is right. Why would your uncle send you to that school?"

 

Daisuke smirked and interjected, "No one can match the Queen's attitude, even after getting expelled, right, Queen?" He turned his gaze towards the black-haired guy. "Isn't that right, Mizuo?"

 

Mizuo responded with a smirk, looking at Reiko, "Absolutely." He chuckled softly before adding, "So, what's the issue?"

 

“I can’t find Ryu-nii,” Reiko suddenly let out, looking at Mizuo. “Take-kun’s friend said he was working as part time in Frentzen.” She let out, looking at everyone’s faces.

 

And there was the only expression flowed from the four, surprise and shock. “Oi, Queen, what the hell is he thinking? Working with that kind of bar... no, working with those kinds of men?! Wasn’t he thinking?!”

 

“Maybe Ryu-kun doesn’t know?” the black hair girl let out, thinking about it.

 

Mizuo nodded, looking at the black-haired girl. “Euna may probably be right,” he murmured, suddenly looking at Reiko. “What do you want to do now, Reiko?”

 

Reiko looks at Mizuo and the others, smiling. “I’m going there, together with Yamaguchi-sensei.”

 

"Yamaguchi-sensei, huh? A teacher?" Mizuo raised an eyebrow, after hearing her speak that she will be with a teacher. “That’s weird, you, together with a teacher to go at your cousin’s work?” Daisuke let out, looking at Reiko incredibly.

 

Reiko smiled softly, suddenly remembering what Yamaguchi have told her. “Yamaguchi-sensei is my homeroom teacher at Kurogin, she was definitely something. She was... dedicated, passionate and cares for the well-being of her students.”

 

Daisuke nodded, whistling. “Eh, that’s really something.”

 

Mizuo looked at the cup of his coffee, nudging his arm at Reiko’s shoulder. “Going to Frentzen will take much of your time, if you want to go there at the exact opening time; go there already,” Reiko smiled at Mizuo and nodded, drinking her frappe until it’s all gone.

 

“Well, I have to go for a while; I might be entering Kurogin next week. I want to go with Ryu-nii there,” Reiko let out, waving at her friends.

 

“Oi Reiko,” Mizuo called her out as Reiko look at the said guy. “Don’t forget to call us if you needed some aid,” Reiko smirks and nodded.

 

“Ja!”

 

 

Reiko and her friends Daisuke, Shuriko, Euna, and Mizuo had been close since their junior high days and continued their friendship through high school. They stuck together through thick and thin, regardless of the consequences, be they positive or negative. They formed a tight-knit group of young people known as the West Side, a name that originated as an inside joke when they once confronted a group of high school students during their junior high years.

 

When asked about their identity, Reiko would playfully point to the west side of their hangout spot. To add to the jest, Daisuke jokingly referred to Reiko as the group's "Queen."

 

Although it was all in good fun among them, their fellow students took it seriously. Additionally, Mizuo had a reputation for stirring up trouble even in more serious contexts, such as within gangs. This made the West Side famous among high school delinquents and other gang members.

 

 

She heard her phone beep, checking who texted her; it was Yamaguchi, telling her the direction. She went into the nearby bus station where there was a direct way to Frentzen’s.

 

Frentzen

 

She gazed at the location of the bar, which outwardly appeared to be just another ordinary bar frequented by young people. However, it was far from a typical hangout spot. Reiko knew that Frentzen was involved in illicit activities and was owned by one of the most renowned gangs in town.

 

Observing the individuals entering the establishment, she realized her attire allowed her to blend in seamlessly. Nevertheless, instead of entering the front entrance, she opted for the backdoor.

 

Once inside through the backdoor, she paused in her tracks, watching intently to see who was there at that moment.

 

Ryu and Yamaguchi were engaged in conversation by the backdoor, with Ryu busy arranging cases of drinks. Concealed in a secluded corner, Reiko observed with keen interest as Yamaguchi attempted to persuade Ryu.

 

Reiko felt a sense of admiration for the teacher before her. She trusted Ryu and was determined to earn his trust in return. "Will you give me a chance?" she asked, her voice filled with sincerity.

 

Ryu looked at the bi-spectacled teacher in front of her confusedly, “Chance?”

 

“I won’t betray you. I’ll protect you no matter what happens.” Reiko furrowed her eyebrows when she looked at Yamaguchi from her place. “Is it no good?”

 

"She's b with idealism and places a lot of trust, especially in her students. Why would she extend trust to someone she's unfamiliar with?" Reiko pondered silently, her gaze shifting between Ryu and the teacher.

 

But what surprises Reiko is Ryu’s statement. “Until I pay back their money, I won’t be free.”

 

“Yamaguchi-sensei is not stupid to know you’re lying, Ryu-nii.” She murmured to herself, suddenly glaring at Ryu.

 

“If you have that much, you can cut your ties with them?” Yamaguchi’s statement made Reiko look at her in shock.

 

“Aah, she believes his crap!?” Reiko frowned at Ryu’s way. “Baka,”

 

And with that, Yamaguchi departed, providing Reiko with the opportunity to reveal herself in the vicinity while Ryu resumed his work.

 

"Aren't you being foolish, deceiving Yamaguchi-sensei like that, Ryu-nii?" Reiko exclaimed as she moved a few meters closer to Ryu.

 

Ryu paused in his work and looked at Reiko in surprise. "Yamaguchi-sensei?" Ryu questioned, puzzled by Reiko's smile. He sensed a certain danger behind her expression. "R-Reiko."

 

"Long time no see, Ryu-nii," Reiko greeted him. Her smile faded suddenly, and she clenched her fist, delivering a punch to Ryu's left cheek. "That's for Auntie, for making her worry," she stated before punching him once more, this time on his right cheek. "And that's for being foolish with sensei," she added as she stood in front of Ryu, who was now kneeling.

 

Reiko sighed and knelt down in front of Ryu, wrapping her arms around his shoulders in a hug. "This is because I missed you, Ryu-nii," she said. Ryu sighed, returning the embrace and gently patting her head.

 

“Those punches still hurt, Reiko,” Ryu replied as Reiko pulled back and beamed a smile on her face.

 

“Ryu-nii, that was reckless and stupid of you,” Reiko blurted out, as Ryu looked at him confused. “I heard and saw everything,”

 

Ryu sighed, pulling back from the hug, and stood up, looking away at his cousin’s gaze. “It was her choice whether to believe it or not,” Ryu murmured, looking at his cousin. “Why are you calling her sensei?”

 

Reiko eyed him, “Hmp, she believes you because she trusted an idiot like you,” she replied back, sighing as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. “You deceive her with that stupid lie of yours.”

 

“Well, to answer your question… I will be schooling at Kurogin Academy,” she started, eyeing the guy as she took a sit nearby. “And at your section, your dad has no choice since no girl’s or public school would accept me anymore,” she looks at her Converse shoes, poking the ground. “But as usual, with the promise of not telling everyone that I am related neither to you nor to the Odagiri Household.”

 

She sighed and looked at him, “But I want to go there, together with you,” she said seriously. “I am neither afraid nor scared to meet your classmates or teachers. I just wanted you to be there,”

 

“Tsk,” Ryu grumbled, suddenly going towards Reiko and patting her shoulder. “Let’s see...”

 

And with that, it made Reiko smile; there’s a probability that he’ll go with her.