Delta & Heta - ALPHABAT

One-Shots Collection

“Good morning, valued customer!” The coffee shop’s barista greeted enthusiastically. She was wearing a yellow apron with the shop’s logo, big and bold, just a little above her hip line. Her glossy, black hair was pulled back into a messy bun, revealing her young-looking face. “What can I get for you today?”

Heta smiled and handed her the Help Wanted poster. His dark chocolate, spiky quiff hairstyle presented his manliness, yet his eyes sparkled like a child who had just received a lollipop. He wore a white sweater over a blue dress shirt, and finished off with dark denim jeans and white sneakers. Most of the female customers gazed at his flower-boy appearance in awe.

“I saw this Help Wanted poster out in front, and I was wondering if there’s any job I will be able to do,” he said, looking at her with hopeful eyes.

The barista grinned widely and took a piece of paper under the counter. She wrote down some numbers and handed the paper to Heta.

“Our manager is not here at this moment, but this is her number,” she informed. “Give her a call and she will set up an interview for you. I am most positive that you will get the job as one of our waiters, since we are short on waiters and waitresses right now. Good luck!”

“Thank you.” Heta pocketed the paper and stepped out. The eyes were still fixed on him.

His next stop was the downtown pastry shop, where he’s been working at for a couple of months now.

The pastry shop was a grand pentagon with different types of pastries showcased on four sides. Small tables lined up against the last and farthest side from the entrance for consumers only.

“Hey, Heta!” Fie called as he walked through the doorway that connected the main area to the shop’s kitchen. He was carrying a large portion of croissants on a steel tray. “Help me bring out the rest, will ya?”

“Sure thing!”

Heta hurried towards the kitchen, took of his sweater and put on the apron with his name tag. He grabbed a tray of bagels and chocolate-covered donuts, and headed out.

“What’s up with the dress shirt today?” Fie asked, taking the bagels and placing the trays into the display case.

Heta looked down at him, his eyebrows raised.

“What do you mean?”

“Normally, you’d wear a simple T-shirt, but look at you all dressed up.”

“Oh!” Heta laughed. “I have an anniversary dinner tonight with Delta. Just wanna look my best, ya know?”

Fie faked a sob. “I want a date!” At the same time, their manager, a single woman in her 30’s, exited her small office next to the kitchen. She eyed him peculiarly.

“You two know how many female customers flirt with you everyday?” She teased. “Most of them come here for the both of you, but they never buy anything. When I offer them a donut or crepe, all of their replies were ‘I’m on a diet.’ Please try to sell some pastries, instead of your good looks.”

The young men smiled and nodded, knowing their manager’s joking personality.

“But seriously, sell some pastries, alright?”

“Yes, ma’am!”

Customers rushed in once the Open light sign was . As usual, countless of them were females, who came for Fie and Heta.

“Oppa, you’re really cute!” “Will you go out with me?” “Oppa, how can you be so handsome?”

The pastry shop’s regular day began and ended the same way, with less money earned and more compliments being made.

Meanwhile, outside the shop stood an average-height young man with messy, short side-swept hair. He was wearing the same white sweater as Heta and a matching snapback. HIs saddened eyes fixed on Heta.

When it finally occurred to the pastry shop employee that someone was standing there, he looked up and made eye contact with him.

“Delta?” He turned to Fie, who was still busy taking selfies with the customers, and told him he would be right back. Heta dashed out the door, leaving confused and disappointed girls behind.

“Delta!” He got ahold of the guy’s wrist. “What are you doing here?” Heta led him to an empty alleyway next to the pastry shop.

“It seems like those girls really like you, Heta,” Delta began softly, leaning against the side of the building. “They’re all cute and pretty, too.”

“Wait, what are you trying to say?” The younger guy approached him.

“I don’t think I’m a match for them.”

“Hey,” Heta gazed deeply into Delta’s eyes. “I think they’re no match for you.”

“Why did you start working there?”

“I planned to tell you this tonight, but I guess it can't wait,” Heta responded, reaching into his shirt pocket and pulled out a beautiful gold ring, topped with three navy blue gems.

“Heta…”

“And this also…” Heta handed a folded picture of a beige city house with the caption For Sale below it. “The reason I’ve been working here is to afford this house. It’ll be our house soon. Ooh! I’m also planning to call the manager of the coffee shop I told you about to set up a job interview. Let’s see, where did I put the paper?”

Delta wrapped his arms around the talking boy immediately.

“Dummy, why are you going through all these troubles without telling me? I’ll call the manager. At least let me help you. Let me help us.”

Heta smiled and pulled Delta into a tight embrace.

“We’ll get through it together. I love you, Delta.”

“I love you too.” Delta broke away. “Now where’s the coffee shop’s manager’s number? I’ll call that person right now.”

Heta retrieved the paper from his pocket and handed it to the older guy.

“But promise me one thing,” he said. “If things aren’t going well, and you’re feeling bad, make sure to tell me.”

“I promise. And you too.”

Within the next five years, the two were able to (barely) afford the gorgeous house. Delta is loved by many of the coffee shop’s customers for his high-spirits personality, and sometimes, he even sings for them. He’s also been promoted to manager. Heta, on the other hand, remains in his position at the pastry shop, but he has found a new passion: baking. Thus, he decided to attend Baking & Pastry School, hoping to open up his own shop someday.

As for their relationship, they are happily married and are thinking of adopting a child. However, at the moment, they are just simply enjoying each other’s company.

 
 
 
 
Dedicated for infinexx. I apologize for taking too long. I tried my best not to make it so fluffy by adding some "problems," you see. I hope you like it :D Thanks for the request. I really hope ALPHABAT makes a comeback soon!