Heechul-Super Junior

One-Shots Collection

As a high school student, people will certainly tell you at some point, "Focus on studying or you'll never get into a good college," or "Stop focusing on useless things and start hitting the books." 

Those words drive me crazy!

Though to be honest, if I don't study, what else can I do? I don't have a goal in life or a career I want to have. I just go with the flow.

Why should we focus on the future when the present's not even over yet?

But what IS the present?

Everyday I go to school, not learning anything of course, and when school ends, I hang out with my friends 'til midnight. My parents always say I should stop hanging out with them. Apparently, they're "bad influence."

What do they know? My friends are the only people that I can be myself around. And I won't have to be the "Delinquent Heechul" or "The Popular Guy, Heechul" or "The Heechul that has to Study." I can just be Heechul.

Kim Heechul.

I'm tired of people always expecting  me to this perfect child, just because my parents are well-known professors. Geez, all I want is to get out of this life and enjoy paradise. But I guess things don't work that way.

Life IS unfair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Heechul-ah, wake up! Time for school!"

Ugh, Monday, the worst day of the week. 

I cover the pillow over my head, maybe it'll block out all the noise, but unfortunately,  it doesn't.

My mom barges into my room and pulls my blanket, leaving me in the cool air of my room. 

"Umma! What's the point in going to school anyway?" I groan, turning away from her.

"Oh? My Heechul doesn't seem to be a morning person, huh? Well son, going to school will help you much in life. Like with finding a good job and even a partner. My career is what helps me found your father," my mom answers calmly.

"But I can find a job and partner just fine!" I snap back and hear my mom chuckle.

I look to see what she is chuckling about and realize it is me.

"You still haven't change, have you? Come on, just wake up! I made breakfast downstairs, hurry so it won't get cold." She smiles.

I let out a sigh of exhaustion and maybe a bit anger, but I get up anyway or else she'll stand there until I do.

After washing up and eating the breakfast, which was delicious by the way, I grab my empty bag and leave the house.

"Have a great day, Heechul-ah!" I hear my mother call out. I wave as I keep on walking.

School isn't very far away if you use shortcuts but I just like taking the long way there, maybe that way I won't have to go to school when the gate is locked, but sadly the teachers know me too well and are always waiting for me until I passed the gate.

I walk into the crowded classroom and sit down next to Hangeng, who I've been best friends since forever.

"Good morning Heechul-ah," Hangeng says cheerfully and I nod my head.

"Uhm..." a girl walks up to me. I don't think I've seen her before. Maybe I have but I just don't remember, though she is kind of cute, but I'm not interested.

"Yes?" I ask her impatiently.

She slowly hands me a neatly wrapped box. I can see her hands are trembling and she is avoiding eye contacts.

"I know your birthday is coming and well, here," she pushes the box closer to me.

"Thanks" is all I say to her. She is a stranger to me and I don't know what to do. As I start to grab the box, the door swings open and the teacher, Ms, Kim Taeyeon, walks in. The stranger quickly sets the box down on my desk and runs back to hers. I put the box under my chair and lie down on the desk, hoping to take at least a 5 minutes morning nap.

After what seems like forever, someone taps on my shoulder. I look up and realize it's Ms. Kim. She doesn't look surprised, of course I've done this quite a lot. She gives me a smack on the head with her ruler and walks away. I stick my tongue out at her but quickly put it back in when she turns around and gives me those "You better watch your back, Mister" eyes. Although she can be a pretty strict teacher, it's fun to see her reactions whenever I break her rules.

Lunch time! Yes, my favorite time at school has finally come!

"Did you open the box that girl gave to you yet?" Hangeng asks me once we find table and sit down.

"No, I'll do it when I get home," I reply with food in my mouth. After I swallow, I quickly ask, "Hey by the way, do you know her? It's the first time I see her. Who is she ?"

"I think her name is you, not sure though. I heard she loves aliens and all those supernatural stuff. She seems fun to me." He shrugs and takes a sip of his milk. I just nod.

A girl that likes supernaturals? That's odd, yet at the same time interesting.

When school is over, I tell Hangeng that I'll just run home real quick to change into a more comfortable outfit.

I take the shortcut through the park for the first time but something unexpected happens.

A crazy man holding a gun is running around the park. He threatens to shoot anyone that stands in his way. I become frustrated at his actions and decide to stop this quickly then go home.

"Hey buddy!" I call out to him. "Just drop the gun and leave these people alone!"

"Y-you dare to-to talk to me?" He points the gun at me but I can see he isn't an expert.

"Alright, you leave me no choice," I say and charge directly toward him.

But then I hear a gun shot.I look at down at my body and see blood.

Lots of blood coming out of my stomach!

The gunman breaks down and cries into his hands. "I kill a person!" He yells out and tries to crawl towards me but someone pulls him away. 

"Come on! It's time for you to go." It's a female's voice. But I can't exactly see who she is because she is wearing sunglasses and a black hat. Actually her whole outfit is black.

"Heechul-ah! Are you okay?" I turn around to see my best friend, Hangeng, running towards me.

"Yeah I'm okay," I say, trying to cover the deep red blood.

"You're bleeding!" Hangeng yells, which must've startled the lady in black.

After the police takes the gunman, she runs over to me.

"Let me see your wound," she says gently. I slowly uncover my hand, feeling dizzy from the loss of blood. She sprays something on a white towel and places it on my stomach. For some reason, the pain slowly goes away, and after she takes the towel away, my wound is already healed.

"W-what the?" I realize I am speechless.

She smiles. Where have I seen that smile before?

"It's a special spray that our scientists have just discovered, It can heal any wound in seconds. It's cool right?" she says, grinning like a child.

"Who are you?" Hangeng asks.

"I'm a spy! See?" she pulls out her badge but covers her name. But something about her seems familiar. "I work for the S.P.Y. which stands for 'Such Professional Youngters.' Our job is to help people and we sort of spy on them but not like in a stalker way, just a spy way." She giggles a little. "I'm glad you're alright now. I'll see you at school! Bye!"

And with that she gets on a black car and drives away.

"What does she mean by "See you at school?" You know her?" Hangeng looks at me and I just shake my head.

Who is this girl?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many days passed and I haven't seen Spygirl again. Yup Hangeng and I call her Spygirl. We've been trying to find her at school but no one seems to match.

The thing is I can't get Spygirl's smile out of my head. It was the type of smile that...you just can't get out of your head!

I sigh and put my head on the desk.

"Kim Heechul! Would you please stop sleeping in my class?" Mr. Park yells out. Mr. Park Jung Soo, I think that's his whole name, looks awfully young for a thirty-one year old. Many students say he's a vampire that blood of young girls that's why he looks so young. He's our school's music teacher who's only been working here for two years. The female students at this school drool over him and the little dimple that always shows when he smiles.

Ugh they make me sick. Even some male students want to be him.

As Mr. Park begins to sing and play the piano, I hear the girls squealing and see many guys rolling their eyes. Although there is one girl that isn't paying attention at all. She was reading a book about...aliens? She looks up at the clock to see the time and I realize it's that girl you, who gave me the present. She notices me and smiles. I give her a little nod and go back to sleep.

Wait a minute!

I sit up immediately and look back at you, who has went back to her reading.

I try to make her notice me again but no success. I have to see her smile again. Her smile matches Spygirl's perfectly but I can't be sure of that yet until I see it again.

After class, I look around for you, not noticing that she is right behind me until she taps me on the shoulder.

"Uhm, Heechul-sshi, did you open the present?" she asks shyly.

"Yeah. Thanks the chocolate was great," I answer.

A smile spreads across her face and then I am sure it is exactly the same as Spygirl's smile.

Should I ask her? But then I'll just look creepy and she's already walking away.

I stand there, spacing out a little bit.

"What are you thinking about, Heechul-ah?" Hangeng nudges me with his elbow.

"Oh? Oh, nothing! Hey you remember that Spygirl? I think she might be you," I tell him.

"What? Why would you that?"

"Their smiles are the same."

"But it's possible for different people to have the same smile."

"I know but I'm sure Spygirl's and you's are exactly alike. But we have to find out. I have a plan."

Hangeng suddenly has that "Oh no. I'm worry!" look on his face. "Oh whenever you have a plan, it's always scary."

"No don't worry," I tried to calm down, "this plan is perfect."

Hangeng sighs and rubs his head nervously. "Okay fine, what is it?"

I quickly tell him the plan and after give him an "Okay" sign.

He nods but still looks scared.  I place my hand on his shoulder and smiles. 

This plan has got to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After class ends, I meet Hangeng  in the back of the school building.

"You got it right?" I ask, making sure one last time. 

Instead of saying "yes" he just says, "Let's just get this over with."

After 5 minutes of changing, Hangeng comes out from the bushes, but he has a disgusted look on his face.

I cover my mouth, trying not to laugh.

He sticks his tongue out at me. "Why do I have to do this?"

"Because, Hangeng-sshi, you are my best friend and best friends do things for each other," I simply reply.

"No, why do I have to do THIS?!" he points at the outfit I made him wear. "I know I have to pretend to kill you and all, but why do I have to dress up as a maid?"

I can't help it and burst out laughing. "It's just funny! Okay let's do this!"

I give him a toy gun and tell him to point it at me. I lay down on the ground and pretend to be hurt.

~30 minutes after~

"Uhm, Heechul, how long do I have to hold this gun? My arm is getting tired," Hangeng whines.

"She's not here yet? I thought she said she spies on people. Hello? Spygirl?!"

"Let's just go home," Hangeng says, putting the gun down.

"Are you guys looking for me?"

Hangeng and I turn to see a black-clothed figure. "Spygirl?!" we say in unison. 

She smiles and slowly takes off her sunglasses.

"you?!" Hangeng and I ask together again.

"I know, shocking right?" you answers.

"I knew it!" I yell, complimenting myself.

"But why?" Hangeng asks, confused.

"Maybe it'll be better if I start from the beginning." you chuckles. "It all began when I was walking across the street, there was a lot of traffic and I almost got ran over, But then a lady in black saved me. Her name was...oh what was it? It starts with an "H." Oh right! Haru! She was really cool and I looked up to her. So then I begged her to let me join the S.P.Y. and she agrees. I started training as an S.P.Y. and now here I am. It's a pretty short and simple story. Oh and you might be wondering how come I didn't get here sooner. Well I gotta stop for ice cream. Who doesn't like ice cream?"

"Uhm well would you like to go eat ice cream with me after this?" I ask. For some reason, I feel my face burning up.

"I already ate ice cream, but I can go for some more!"

I stand up and lead the way to the street.

"Heechul-ah, what do I do with this?" I hear Hangeng's voice calling me. I know exactly what he is talking about even without turning to see him.

"Just go change!"

I feel bad for leaving him like this so I decide to invite him.

It turns out you is a very fun person to hang out with. She talked a lot about aliens and space so I never felt bored once.

"See you tomorrow," you says, after I walk her home. Hangeng ate too much ice cream and got a terrible stomachache so he went home early. But I had a great time with you after that.

She gives me peck on the cheek and that sends blood rushing through my cheeks. Be strong Chullie!

"Bye, Heechul-sshi!" she waves and I wave back.

I smile a little. 

"See you tomorrow, " I whisper.

 

Dedicated to Kimikuchii07 and all of you Petals out there.

This one shot I actually wrote before for my friend, Kimikuchii07, for her birthday.