Waking Up And Waking Up

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 046: Waking Up And Waking Up

                 

Eunsul wakes up in warmth despite the weather being extremely cold. She doesn’t remember her bed being this soft or smelling this…unfamiliar and husky. Almost like the smell of a man. She spreads her arms from where she’s lying belly down. She’s too lazy to open her eyes because she knows brightness will meet her and she doesn’t want to be blinded so early in the day (She knows it’s morning, obviously). She’s surprised when her hand bumps into something as she stretches it. She wouldn’t be surprise, except that she is because whatever she bumped into feels extremely hard. Instead of retracting her hand, she grows curious and decides to let her hand wonder over the object. To her surprise, the object is not small because the more she touches the more it seems to expand. She later realizes that she might be touching skin, extremely soft and warm skin. This makes her jump up into a sitting position on the bed, snapping her eyes open and immediately being blinded by the light. It takes her a moment to adjust to the brightness of the room, and when she does, finally being able to see her surroundings, she realizes that she is not familiar to the room she is in. The walls are painted white, with the room having black and purple decorations like a black and gold vase and some dark purple leather chairs that match the soft, lavender curtains by the medium size window. There’s a black desk with a computer and a printer, some papers scattered around the top. Eunsul sees a familiar book bag lying on the computer desk seat. She frowns a little; however, she does not panic because her mind wonders to the male next to her, lying on his stomach, face hidden because of such position. He’s wearing pajamas but his shirt has ridden up his back, exposing soft and smooth skin to her eyes. She realizes that the object she was touching earlier so happened to be his back. She also concludes that the bag she saw earlier was Yixng’s school bag and that the boy lying against the white sheets of the bed was the dimpled boy himself.

She wonders how she ended up in his bed. The first thought is that she slept with him but she’s pretty sure she did not because she has no memory of mind-blowing - which is something she expects if she had actually slept with the boy. The second thought turns out to be the right one. She remembers Yixing and her walking to his apartment from the carnival and watching television on his living room, until Yixing stood up to change into his PJ’s. Eunsul had turned off the television and then walked into his room while he was changing and she remembers the boy letting out a squeak, making her laugh. After that, she’s sure she laid in his bed and he soon followed after her, lying down until they began talking. She guesses they must have fallen asleep in between the conversation.

      “Not the kind of sleeping I was hoping to do with you for the first time...” she mumbles to herself, “But I enjoyed it either way.”

She stretches her body from where she sits on the bed, glancing around for her phone. She only manages to find her black boots and her left blue sock (she’s wearing the other one) tossed somewhere on the floor, with her leather jacket on the bottom of the bed, tangled on Yixing’s right foot. She sighs, still looking around for her phone. To her luck, she finds it next to Yixing’s armpit since the boy has his arms raised, using them like a pillow. She snorts, grabbing the phone carefully and making sure she doesn’t wake up the sleeping boy. She manages to obtain her phone, only to panic when the boy starts moving. Yixing lets out a groan as his body stretches and Eunsul watches in fascination as the muscles in his back ripple and flex with each movement. She in a breath, mumbling, “Damn.”

As Yixing looks around the room, getting used to the morning light coming from his window, Eunsul looks at her phone. She has three missed calls from her dad and one from her younger brother.

She reads the texts her father has sent her. The usual, where are you, sul? And Do not make me worry followed by one from her younger brother saying, the kids are worried and so am I, where are you? Are you staying late? can you at least call us?

Eunsul sighs because sometimes she forgets she has younger siblings and a father that cares for her. The last thing she wants is worrying her family.

She sits down on the edge of the bed, putting on her sock and her shoes.

Yixing watches her with dazed eyes. He frowns, turning on his back and sitting up, rubbing his eyes as he asks, “Eunsul? What are you doing in my room?” His hair is all over the place and his lips are swollen from sleep.

The girl would snort if she wasn’t in such a rush to get home. She stands up once she finishes putting on her shoes. She grabs her jacket, pulling it away from where it is tangled under Yixing’s feet. The boy moves his feet away to let her grab it and she thanks him real quick.

      “I accidently fell asleep while we were talking yesterday,” She says. She grabs her phone again once she puts on her leather jacket, texting her dad a fast apology and telling him that she’ll be home in half an hour. “Sorry, bunny, it must be strange waking up in this situation.”

Yixing has that same confused look he always has that makes Eunsul want to eat him alive. And so, she can’t help but lean down and kiss the boy on the cheek. The action makes him jump and blush scarlet red. He stares at her wide-eyed when she pulls away, a bright smile on her face.

      “Are you going to leave?” he asks, voice soft.

Eunsul smirks, “Do you want me to leave?”

The boy shakes his head as an answer. His cheeks are still colored and his lips are pursued, as if he doesn’t know what to do now. Eunsul’s eyes soften at the expression on his face.

      “I have to go now, but I promise I’ll see you in school today. Besides, today it is the last day before Winter break, so who knows? Maybe we can hang out during break.”

Yixing smiles, “I would really like that.”

      “Great,” Eunsul says and she stands up straight, smile big. “I’ll see you in school later then, okay?”

Yixing nods but then a frown grows on his face, “Wait, do you want me to order a taxi? I don’t think you’ll make it home on time to get ready for school.”

The girl thinks about it. She figures that she can just call one herself. “That’s fine, I’ll call the taxi myself. Besides, it’s like five a.m., I have plenty of time to get ready. School starts at eight.”

     “Alright...”

Eunsul smiles and then she’s moving out of his room, typing on her phone to call a taxi. Yixing watches her exit his room and he really hates the thought of her going home at this time alone. He rapidly stands up, almost tripping because of the bed cover tangling on his foot.

     “Eunsul!” he calls.

The girl turns around, already opening the door to his apartment. “What’s wrong?”

He shakes his head, “Nothing, I just-” he pauses to breath and then smile, cheeks growing color once again. Eunsul raises a brow, amused. “What is it, Yixing?”

Yixing realizes that this is probably the first time she’s ever called him by his real name. And if she has before, he can’t remember. He doubts so, though, because he would remember her calling his name. He didn’t think it would make him feel this amazing to have her say his name. Not a nickname, but his actual name.  Yixing holds his chest high and with a determine smile asks, “Can I…have a kiss on the cheek- you know, because I haven’t brushed my teeth..?”

He feels his determination crumble down as the girl stares at him. However, his strength is restored when she leans in and grabs his face, giving him a soft kiss on his left cheek. However, it doesn’t stop there because she places another on his jaw, and another one on his chin, until she places a final one on the corner of his mouth.

When they separate, his cheeks are fully red and he is surprise to see her face has some color as well. Eunsul clears as Yixing is trying to calm his beating heart.

      “I’m gonna go,” she says, containing her grin and walking out of the small apartment. “See you at school.”

Yixing smiles, “See you at school.” And watches her walk towards the already opened elevator until he can’t see her anymore.

 

 

********************

 

 

 Kris wakes up first, with black, long, wavy hair that definitely does not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter