Chanyeol And Books

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

CHAPTER 001: Chanyeol and Books

 

You never had a lot of friends, ever. Actually, you didn't have friends. Period.

Maybe it is because you are bad at communicating or maybe because people find you strange or maybe unapproachable? 

Even if they do, you always wonder why. 

You don't act weird or look weird.

You aren't ugly either, not even one bit. Even if you're not sure if looks really had anything to do with popularity. 

You would say yes, because the pretty girls at school seem to have tons of friends.

You were quite beautiful- with big brown eyes, smooth skin, long straight dark hair that curled at the bottom and perfect body portions but yet, no body talked to you. So maybe looks aren't the way to friendship?

 

 

******************

 

 

Saying that you were lonely, was an understatement. 

You wanted a friend, somebody to talk to real bad but you never did find someone. Not until your junior year in high school. 

That year was the year you met a friend, you fell in love with that friend, you were rejected by that friend and thus causing your first heart break. 

Damn, You weren't even a senior yet.

But lets be more specific. That friend was a guy name Chanyeol. And he was your first love. 

How it started? You can recall everything from the beginning. It's buried deep inside your long term memory and even if you tried to forget it, you can't. As dramatic as it seems, it's all facts in here.

Because even if the giant with pointy ears that was somehow charming hurt you, you knew being with him was enjoyable. 

 

 

  ****************  

 

 

     You met Chanyeol on your junior year, almost at the very end. In fact, it was 2 and a half months before the year would end and summer vacation would begin. Your very last semester.

You knew him before he knew you. 

You heard of him a lot. 

The girls in your class would talk about how hot he was, or how awesome of an athlete he was. 

You guessed that meant he was tall and handsome and obviously good at sports. 

He was on everyone's radar. 

You also heard he was funny and kind, which gave you the conclusion that he was basically perfect. But you doubted so. No one is perfect, after all.

 

Yet, when you met him, you stood corrected.    He was very handsome, breathtaking in fact.    And he was kind too.    He was the whole package! Shocking.       *******************       You are searching for a book at the library when it happens.   It is for your literature class and the book is suppose to be a classic, which usually means it is boring.    You curse under your breath when you reach the last bookshelf and still have no luck finding it.    The lady at the front desk told you it would be in the fiction section and that you are very lucky because it is the last one left. You guess other kids from your class had bombarded the library in search of the book, like you.

 

Yet, here you are. You give up. 

     "Guess I'm gonna start the last semester with a zero," You grunt to no one in particular, since there's no one around. It's all good until you, as you whine, accidentally push the shelf. 

At first, you are unaffected but then you begin to panic when the shelf starts to lean forward. 

You freeze for a second but when the books begin to fall, you react by leaning against it with your back and spreading your arms to prevent more books from falling. 

You start to freak out. 

The shelf isn't big enough to kill you but it is heavy and the sharp edges of the wood are digging into your back. 

     "Ouch, ouch, ouch!" You yelp and try to push back the shelf back in place, only to fail. 

It is awkward and you feel like dying. 

This day can't get worse.

You know somebody will come and help you, but you are sure that when they do, you will die of embarrassment. 

     "Woah!" That short gasp from somebody on your left side snaps you out of your frantic thoughts. You tilt your head up to see who is the kind soul now helping you. It is a guy and he is tall and handsome with fluffy hair. He pushes the shelf off your back and in place. You smile in relieve. God bless this dude.

     "Thank you so much!" You are literally sore, and still a bit anxious about the situation earli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter