Pride And I'm Sorry's

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[I've updated a lot so please check the previous chapters to see if you've read them. It would if you just skip to this one by accident and become confuse! ]

  CHAPTER 025: Pride And I'm sorry's          "My birthday dinner is tomorrow. Get there early, okay?"    Chanyeol nods.         "Also, please wear something appropriate. No ripped jeans or basketball shorts, Chanyeol. As my boyfriend, you need to make a good impression on my family."   He nods again.         "Now which one should I wear?" Yuri holds up two dresses that she has taken from her dresser.    A white one and a red one.    He shrugs, "I don't know."    Yuri sighs. She looks irritated, feels irritated. Chanyeol has been so blank the whole day.    She has a feeling as to why, and she hates it.       "Are you upset because of what I told you yesterday? About Hana?"    Chanyeol leans back on the bed, "I am."       "Don't give it much thought," Yuri says, sitting down next to him, "I just told you to pay more attention to me. That's all."        "It's not like that. I just feel strange that you'd think I pay more attention to her than I do to you. I think you're just jealous. Hana's my friend."    Yuri scoffs, "The picture Minhee showed me didn't seem like a "just friend" picture."   Chanyeol feels bad. He sits up, "But it was.." He trails off, thinking. Was it?       "You're thinking about her again."    She sounds cold. Chanyeol runs his fingers through his hair, "She worries me. She's odd and she's always getting into trouble and I feel like I need to protect her. To be there for her, you know?"   Yuri stands up, "Then what about me? Who's gonna be there for me if my boyfriend wont?!"    Chanyeol looks up at her. A glare in his eyes, "Maybe that stupid Minhee girl with her ugly bow can be there for you- like she was earlier, following me and taking pictures as if I was cheating on you."   Yuri pushes him and he falls back on the bed. "Shut up," she says and then walks away, locking herself in the bathroom.    Chanyeol groans out.    This day has been awful.    One of Yuri's friends saw him with you yesterday and decided to follow you guys all night. She took some pictures that from certain angles looked to out of context. There was once where he looked like he was kissing you and another one where it looked liked his hand was on your hip, but it wasn't like that. The angle was just wrong.   Yuri didn't believe him though.    He had slept over and the pictures were sent to her phone early in the morning before school. She had gotten so angry that she slapped him and woke him up. She started to scream and cry, telling Chanyeol to get out.    It took him twenty minutes to calm her down and tell her the full story. Those photos were taken at weird angles and it wasn't a date. I wasn't cheating on you. Hana's my best friend and she needed me because she missed her bus.   The outcome wasn't great, either, anyways. Yuri sobbed into his chest and apologized but demanded more time with him.        "Can you please just stay away from her for today? Please?"    Chanyeol hesitated but he said yes, anyways. No way was he going to lose his first girlfriend and the girl he liked the most since freshman year.    You were still on his mind though, since earlier. He tried to look away from you throughout the day, tried to please his girlfriend for 24 hours.    He gave up after lunch.    When he entered the classroom, his eyes searched for you and he wanted to squish your cheeks while Yuri was still in the bathroom.    You weren't there though.    He glanced at the devil.        "Hey!" He called, "Maple syrup!"    Kris growled at him, "What do you want?"    Chanyeol looked around him, "Where's Hana?"    Kris frowned, "Why do you care?"        "I want to see her."    Kris stared, "She's not here."       "Listen, you're annoying me. Can't you just tell me-"       "I don't know!" He groaned, "I was looking for her too but I couldn't find her either! Are you happy now?"    Chanyeol sighed and moved back.        "Okay," he said, and walked away.           ***********************             "You, Khan Minhee," Mr. Choi begins, "are now expelled."    Your mom smiles and you stay still.    You're angry at yourself. Why didn't you fight back?        The girl with the ugly bow, Minhee, she stays quiet. Fist clutch on the side of her body.   Her mom is quiet, too. Your mom on the other hand is happy.         "There were more girls involved in the fight!" Her mother says afterwards, "Why is my daughter the only one getting expelled! Huh?!"         "We will take care of that also," Mr. Choi says, "You should be glad Mrs. Song refused to sue you."   He's right.    The lady grabs her daughter by the arm and pulls her up, "We're leaving." And exits.    The room turns quiet.    You're ashamed of yourself.    Why didn't you fight back? You don't want to be weak.          ********************            "You can cry now," your mom says when you get in the car. She knows you too well.    You burst into tears.         "I don't want to be weak! I swear mom! I'm sorry to say this but I wish I could have kicked her ! But I was scared and I feel so stupid!" You begin to cry louder, "I feel pathetic! There were three girls but I feel like I could have done something but I didn't! I mean, I tried! But not hard enough!"    Snot comes out as you sob, "I'm an embarrassment! How could I let myself be hit?! You and dad raised me to defend myself! And yeah, I don't have friends and I'm a shy potato but I feel so ashamed! I have dishonored you! I'm sorry! I don't want to be pitied on! I wish I could have broken her nose! I'm sorry!"    You wail your arms around. You look like a hobo with your hair a mess, a bandage on your nose and wraps around your wrists.    Your mom laughs at you. This makes you even more embarrassed, "Don't laugh! I really wanted to defend myself! I'm a shame to the Song family! I'm always talking about how independent and cool I can be, and threatening Kris- feeling tough but when it happens- I become such a weak loser! I'm not a weak loser!" You sob.    Your mom lets out a sigh, "I'm not mad at you. But you know who's mad at you, you're mad at you. When you shouldn't be. Sure, I wish you could have kicked her but you didn't, and that's fine. Even better, actually. You didn't get in trouble! You're top student, a bad record isn't fun!"    You take deep breaths, wipe the snot away, "Really?" You sniffle.    Your mom shrugs, beginning to drive, "Maybe next time you'll stand up for yourself. It takes time for a person to gain courage and stand up to bullies."    A sigh escapes your lips, "I'm angry at myself."    Your mom pats your head, "You shouldn't be. If you want, we can still go back and sue her ? You want that?" She raises her brows at you in amusement.   That actually makes you smile. "No, I want to fight her like an animal, not legally sue her like a civilized person."   Your mom snorts, "Who has turned you like this?"    You chuckle, "Disappointment in myself."           ********************          Kris is on a date. He forgets about you.    Sort of.    Your name comes to his mind once or twice or four times after an hour.    He should focus on Soyeon and how pretty she looks in that pink dress with her long legs cross while they watch a movie.    No more you. Focus on your date, Yifan.          ******************     When you get home the first thing that happens is Lucy forcing you to spill the beans.    Your mom tells her because you're embarrassed and ashamed that you didn't fight back. Not that there's anything wrong with not fighting back, but it goes against your morals to just let someone hurt you.    You've always been quite stubborn and authoritative. What made you so weak? Is it the hate and stress over the years? Is your loneliness making you weaker? What is it?    Kris better not find out.    Oh, you think. He's on a date, he probably won't.    Papa and nana pat you on the back. Your dad laughs but then kisses you in the head and gives you money to make you feel better.    You snort.    It all feels funny. There's a joke in the situation. People around you are telling you is okay and that things happen for a reason and hey, at least you're okay now! But they're missing the point: you're getting bullied.    Your parents don't ask why or how. They just know that it happen and that they should prevent it again.    You sit there in the living room. Your parents smiling and telling stories when your dad used to fight a lot as a kid.    You want them to ask you about school, those girls, your feelings and your life as a whole. Why did they hit you? Who are they? Why did they bully you? How do you feel? Why is your hand shaking? What do you mean you get panic attacks and freak out? Why is Chanyeol so important to you? Is school helpful or harmful to you? You're top student, why aren't you happy? Why don't you have friends? Why do you love staying home so much? Are you depress? We'll listen, Hana.    But they don't.    And soon the subjects change to something about how fun it is to be young.    You don't agree.    You can't wait to get out of high school and away from the worst years of your life.    You're secretly depressed.          ********************         You go out and accidentally meet Eunsul.    You're taking a walk, crossing roads and taking in fresh air. Getting away from home and School and the memory of how your life is a silent hell to you.    She's at a gas station. But not to buy things, but to sell them. She works there.         "I didn't know you worked here!" You say.    Eunsul looks up from her phone and she gasps, big smile showing.        "Supermodel!" She jumps over the counter like a total pro, "Hey!" And she hugs you.        "What are you doing here? And why is your face bruised? And all those bandages? What happened?" She looks worried, eyes squinted and furrow brows.   You fake a smile, "I fell and was attacked by a dog. Long story." Eunsul snorts. You laugh hoping she'll either believe it or forget the question with that stupid answer you gave her.         "You're so weird, but okay," she laughs, "What are you doing here, anyways?"    You shrug, "I was taking a walk and I saw you from across the street."   Eunsul looks delighted and a lot less scary without her school uniform and a big pink T-shirt and jeans instead.         "I'm sorry I wasn't at school," she sighs and goes back to the counter, "I had a doctor's appointment to attend."   You frown, "Are you sick?"        "No, my little brother got a cold so I needed to check up on him."       "Oh."   She tosses her hair back and groans when a customer comes in. You laugh.         "I'll see you tomorrow then?" You say because she looks tired and irritated.        "Okay," she waves and sends you a smile.    When you get out of the gasoline station, you're met with someone unexpected.    Minhee.    She freezes when she sees you and you do too.    It looks like she was about to go in as you were coming out.    You keep walking. Don't face her, Hana. You don't have time to get in trouble. You're a great student with an amazing academic reputation. Don't ruin it for a girl like this.    Yet, God is not on your side.    Minhee grabs you by the arm and you're put on halt.        "What," you say. It sounds loud and demanding, something it didn't sound like at school.    The anger and disappointment you felt when you couldn't defend yourself comes back.    Minhee does a click with her tongue. "I got expelled," she mutters, "Because of you."   You stare at her. "So?"         "So? You caused it!"    You step forward, "No. You caused it, you-" your voice c
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter