Snow And Chances

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[I have updated often so please make sure you're reading the right chapter!]     CHAPTER 042: Snow And Chances     There's moments in your life you've realized you have committed a mistake but have too much pride to take your words or actions back. You feel like it's too late and so you can't do anything about it anymore. You went with this path and now you have to deal with it, you say to yourself. Even if it isn't the right path. It's too late, you think, you can't change it.    However, you can, you're just too scared.    It starts snowing the day you realIze that Kris makes your heart flutter and you're too tired and too lazy to deny it anymore. You're eating cereal, munching as slow as a camel while your parents, Nana and Lucy talk about how bad the weather has been. Lucy's husband looks moody because he can't make it to work today because the roads are heavy. You don't understand what he means by that at first, but when Luhan gasps out, "Woah" you raise a brow and walk towards the living room, bowl of cereal in hand, only to see Luhan staring out the window, mouth wide.    You put your cereal bowl on the coffee table and lean against the window, watching as the snow falls.            "Doesn't the first snow have a lot of meaning in Korea?" Luhan asks.    Just then Kris comes down stairs, basically dancing, "It's snowing?!"    You and Luhan both nod and the boy looks so excited that he almost trips on his own feet. "I love snow! I was waiting for it like crazy!" He says, and he leans against the window, right next to you, with bright eyes and mouth agape. He looks like an excited child before Christmas, you note.            "You like snow?" You ask him.    Kris turns to you, smiling his stupid gummy smile. "I thought I made that obvious when I came in here screaming, 'I love snow!'"    You chuckle, turning away to look at the falling ice, "Right."    Kris is still looking at you then but he turns away to look out the window too.    He starts to draw on the fogged glass of the window and you watch him silently, glancing at Luhan to see that he's also writing something. You don't write anything, instead you watch Kris and the way his finger moves. His eyes are basically shining in happiness and his smile doesn't leave his face. He must really love snow, you think to yourself.    You watch his features and how positive they are.    He looks at you, "Look." And he's pointing at what he wrote.    December 17.   You wonder why he would write today's date. However, when you look up at his face and his stupid smile and the way his eyes form into crescent moons, you freeze. The way your heart hammers against your chest is unstoppable and you know why it's happening. It's like that moment when Chanyeol had kissed you in your balcony and you had realized that you wanted to be with him forever.    You're not surprise anymore. You don't panic and you don't jump away or run away and hide. You stay there and puff out your cheeks because what else can you do?    Kris is still smiling, "What's wrong?"    You glare at him, rather playfully. "I hate you."    He laughs, "That's kind of random." And then he looks back at the window. "Doesn't matter anyway. You don't hate me," and then he sticks out his tongue at you.    You stare at him for a couple of seconds before you look away and out the window, watching the snow fall and slowly accumulate in the ground.    You wonder what does that make Chanyeol and you?       *********************         You call Eunsul as you exit your house. She answers on the second ring, "Hello?"    You smile into the phone, snow already accumulating in your shoulders and you shudder against all the layers of clothing you're wearing. "Hey," you say. "Can you come over my house in an hour?"    You can almost hear the girl frowning, "Why?"             "Well," you mumble. "In about an hour I'm coming back home and I might be either really happy or hella sad. And so, in either scenario, I still want you to be there."   Eunsul laughs, "Alright, sure. But please make sure that there's something hot to drink when I get there. It's so cold that my toes and s are about to fall off."           ********************       Kris is helping your mom and dad to clean out the drive way from snow.            "I didn't know it snowed this much in Seoul," he mumbles. "I kind of love it."    Your mom groans as she shovels, "Thats good. We could use your enthusiasm in here."    Your dad stops shoveling to take a rest and just breath. "Where the hell is Hana and Luhan? It would be nice if they could help."           "Make Nana work," Luhan suddenly comes out the front door, ready to start shoveling. "Grandma might seem weak but I'm telling you, that woman is great at physical work. She's just putting up excuses."   Kris glares at Luhan, "Can you leave my grandma alone? You've been trying to get revenge for a week after she made you fold laundry, but do you realize that it's not gonna work?"    Luhan pouts, "She's just kind of mean. Why would she do that to me?"            "She's old; she holds authority over everyone."    Luhan grumbles something under his breath but just grabs a shovel and starts digging on the snow.            "Where's Hana?" Your dad asks, "and why isn't she here shoveling?"            "She went out like an hour ago," Luhan mumbles.    Kris knows you're probably with Chanyeol but he doesn't comment. He hopes you took more than one sweater because it's freezing like crazy and the last thing he needs is to worry about you getting hypothermia.    When he's done shoveling the driveway with the rest of the family, he is forced to take a shower. After a hot shower and some groaning in stress, he lies in bed and doesn't get up. He misses you when he shouldn't.    He thinks about texting you since he's had your number for a while now, but then decided against it since you're probably with your boyfriend.    He groans into his pillow and just like that, he falls asleep.        *********************       Chanyeol looks taken aback when he sees you standing on his front door.           "Hana," he exhales, "What are you doing here?"    You try your hardest to smile. "I came to see you. Duh."    Chanyeol furrows his brows but nevertheless let's you inside. "My parents aren't home and Yura just left with her boyfriend," he tells you as you get rid of your coat and your scarf, also taking off your shoes.            "That's good," you smile, "Because I want to spend some time alone with you."    Chanyeol looks worried, "Is something wrong?"    You shake your head but don't answer his question. "You have anything hot to drink?"    Chanyeol stares at you. Watches your expression and searches for an answer as to why you suddenly show up to his home acting suspiciously calm. "Yeah," he finally answers, still looking at you, "I have hot chocolate. Is that okay?"    You take a deep breath and nod, "That will be just fine."          **********************     Eunsul enters your house without even knocking. "Hello, Song and Wu family!" She grins, waving at everyone.    Your dad hollers at her, "Hey! If it isn't crazy pants from last time!"    Your mom waves, "Hello, Eunsul. How have you been?"    Luhan splutters out some of his warm tea while Kris is not even surprise.    Nana, on the other hand, "Who is that? And why is she dressed in all black?"    Eunsul frowns at the lady, "Are you Hana's grandma?"    Nana shakes her head, "I'm Nana." She says that as if Eunsul would right away go omg yes how could I not know!            "She's my grandmother," Kris says.    Eunsul smiles, "Oh! Hello, Nana!" And she hugs her to ease the awkwardness. Nana just hugs her back, whispering to Kris, "I don't trust her!"            "She's Hana's closest girl friend," Kris says. "Her and Hana are like two peas in a pot."    Nana gasps, "Really?"    Eunsul pulls away. "You could say that," she smiles.           "Does that mean that you influence her choices?" Nana questions, hands grasping at Eunsul because she has a favor to ask. "If you do, can you tell her to break up-"   Kris covers his grandmother's mouth and smiles at Eunsul. "You want some hot chocolate or hot tea?"   Eunsul raises a suspicious brow but at the end she nods. "Hot chocolate would be nice. Thanks..."    When Kris lets go of Nana, the lady curses him out in what seems like ten languages.        ******************               "You want to talk?" Chanyeol says from where he's sitting against his bed's headboard. You sit on the middle of his bed, legs crossed, sipping into hot chocolate while Chanyeol just waits for his to warm up.    You nod.    Chanyeol takes a sip of his drink, "About what?"   You shrug, "Anything."    Chanyeol stretches out his legs. "Alright, then how about we start with you. Did you really come here just to talk?"    You don't want to lie and so you nod again.    Chanyeol pursues his lips, "Is there something that's bothering you?"    You don't look at him but rather at the brown drink in your cup and the way it foams since Chanyeol had put some whipped frosting on top.    You want to tell him that he confuses you now. That you have come to the realization that what Eunsul had told you was right. You two are going in circles. How do you feel about him? Do you feel the same as you did when you first realized you lov
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter