Kris And Thoughts

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 005: Kris And Thoughts

 

The days go by extremely slow but eventually a whole month has passed by. Half of summer: gone. 

You're happy because your father, along with Lucy and family will come to Korea after a while. 

Your mother is also very excited. She talks about Lucy's wedding and how she wishes the best for her. Your mother is A pediatrician. It's a very well payed yet difficult job. At least for you it is. 

Your mother is taking a break today though. Reason? You two are heading to the airport to pick up your father and Lucy's family. 

You sit on the passenger's seat and hum. Your mother turns on the radio and the car is filled with Jay park's voice. His new song plays and since you don't know the lyrics, you just continue humming. 
It's quiet, but not an awkward quiet. It's a soothing and comfortable atmosphere. 

You begin to drift away from reality and into your thoughts. That because the only thing you can think about is Chanyeol and the encounter you had twice this past month. 

After he stood you up on the date, you never answered his calls. In text, you would reply something simple and plain. It was usually like this. You planned on not seeing him this summer. Your goal was to move on from him. 

But it wasn't simple.

Maybe god was putting a test on you because when you didn't want to see him is when you saw him. 

The first time you saw him, You were out eating with your mom. It was a simple hamburger and milkshake; it was enjoyable until Chanyeol showed up. He was ordering for two. Something inside you clicked at his order. He ordered meat and you knew his mom was a vegetarian while his dad didn't like burgers so it left you with the conclusion that it was for Yuri. 

You focused on your mother, who had not seen Chanyeol yet (thank god). You tried to be subtle and ignore him but he saw you. He recognized your dark, straight and long locks of hair. He recognized your flush cheeks anywhere. A smile appeared on his face when he saw you. He was glad to see you.
On the other hand, you...not so much. 

"Ice princess!" He walked his way towards your table and waved. Your mother adored Chanyeol and she wasn't hesitant to show it. 

"Yeol! It's been so long!" She laughed. You just stared at Chanyeol. You watched as one of his brown curls bounced. Both your mother and him talked for a while and then he finally looked at you. He sent you a gentle smile and your heart was beating out of control because of the gesture. 

', I thought I could get over you!' You cursed in your head. 

You still smiled back at him though. He was happy you responded that way. Chanyeol was beginning to think you hated him lately. 

"Anyway, I'm full." You said. "Mom, we should go.."

At your words, He somehow felt offended. He got the impression that you didn't want to speak to him or even look at him. Which was true, but he didn't know that.

"You're leaving already?" He mumbled. You just nodded your head and said a quick, "sorry, maybe we could catch up some other time." 

Then you basically dragged your mother out of there and left Chanyeol dumbfounded. You sighed in relief when you were outside, away from him but then something caught your eye. It was Yuri and she was sitting on a bench outside the entrance while talking on the phone. Common sense told you she was waiting for Chanyeol. And just like that your day was ruined.

The second time you saw Chanyeol was at the park. And it broke your heart. You were out for some exercise when you saw him with Yuri. A picnic, you managed to conclude out of the situation. 

It wasn't nice for you, seeing them snuggle and laugh while staring at the blue sky. You pretended to be a passerby and kept running, even if you felt stuffy and teary eyed. 

When you got home you realized something, meeting him was the most beautiful regret you've ever lived through. 

"I can't wait to see them." Your mother broke you out of your thoughts. You realized all you were thinking about was Chanyeol. It was pathetic. The outcomes of first love...

"My is numb from sitting here for so long~" you complained. 

"Hold on for a couple of more minutes, Hana." Your mother laughed. "We'll be there soon."

And just like she promised you got there on 15 minutes max. It was hard to find a parking space because most of them were taken. You were irritated since you really wanted to see your dad and meet the guests.

Eventually, a parking spot was found quicker than expected. You basically ran looking for the exit your dad would come out from. It was frustrating to watch all those people get out and realize none of them are familiar, raising your hopes only to end up disappointed. 

"You're dad says he's coming out," your mother says to you as she speaks on the phone with your father. 

As soon as her words end a huge crowd of people walk out and it's chaos. You try to search for the familiar face of your father or even Lucy.

You jump on your toes, excitement taking over you. You are basically a fully grown woman but in these case scenarios, you look like a 5 year old. You couldn't care less about what people say, or if you look or act childish right now. You haven't seen your father in a month and two weeks. You pay no attention to what people think.

 But then your mother's next words make you freeze. 

"Hana, your daddy says to look for a guy with a red SnapBack. He says that's Lucy's brother and he's tall enough for you to notice him through the crowd."

You don't know why but it makes you self conscious. Maybe is because he's your age and he's meeting you for the first time. You panic and look down at your outfit. You are wearing washed out short overalls with a sunflower printed T-shirt. You end the look with a pair of white vans.

"Mom! Do I look okay?!" You blurt out and she just rolls her eyes. 

"Hana, focus on looking for your father not your outfit." She scolds. 

You are still freaking out but then you see your dad. He looks as tall and handsome as ever and you forget about everyone else and basically jump on him. He twirls you around and hugs you. It's one of the best things that have happened this summer; you seeing your dad again. He smells foreign yet familiar. 

Just like you, your father missed you. Talking to you through the phone wasn't enough and now that he's there holding you in his arms, he has realized he was extremely home sick.

He has tears on his eyes and then when he looks at your mom, he runs to her and you HAVE to look away from the hugs and the kisses. 

"Ew." You mumble. 

You look around just then. There's nobody else and then you wonder: where the hell is Lucy and her family?

"Where's Lucy?" You ask. 

"They should be coming about now- oh there they are!" Your dad points his fingers to someone behind you. You immediately turn around and....

It's like one of those slow motion moments in movies. You just freeze and watch. 

You see Lucy, but she's behind with an old lady, whom you assume to be her grandmother. What catches your attention isn't them tho. It's the male standing behind them. You gulp and forget about everyone as you stare at who you suppose is Kris, Lucy's younger brother. 

He's wearing a red SnapBack with a plain white T-shirt, black jeans and matching red Converse. 

He is by far, one of the most handsome guys you've ever met. Ever. He's staring blankly at the floor as he walks towards you and your family. His earphones plugged into his ears and his blonde hair is neatly styled. He could be model material, you think. 

"Hana!" You rip your eyes away from him and look at Lucy. She looks beautiful. The good looks certainly do run in the family. 

You run to her and she hugs you so tight you hear so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter