Stupid Kris And Naive Hana

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 CHAPTER 035: Stupid Kris And Naïve Hana

 

 "I'm Luhan!" The boy yells, moving the knife around as if to make a point.

 

It's been seventeen minutes and the three of you are still standing in the kitchen. 

 

     "Yifan!" You say because you feel like Luhan is going to attack you any seconds 

 

Kris frowns at Luhan. "What are you doing dress like that? And with a kitchen knife?" 

 

Luhan pouts, "I was gonna make breakfast." He then looks at you, "I'm not going to hurt you." 

 

You back away when he takes a step forward. 

 

      "I'm not gonna hurt you," he says again and you run away when he moves forward as if to hug you to prove that he's not a bad person. It does not make the situation better. You run and hide behind Kris. 

 

Kris sighs. "Luhan, put the knife down!"  

 

      "I'm not scaring her," Luhan mumbles.

 

      "You're scaring me," you say, "like, a lot." 

 

Luhan puts the knife down and then looks at you. "What about now?" 

 

You clear your throat and step away from Kris. "I wasn't that scared," you mumble. 

 

Kris snorts. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the troublesome encounter, Kris pulls you away for a second and tells you that Luhan is that friend that was supposed to come later and stay with you, but that plans changed and he came earlier than expected. You nod in understanding and pretend for the meantime that the night before didn't happen and so you don't have to talk to Kris at the moment about that. It makes the conversation less awkward. However, your cheeks burn when Kris leans into your ear and whispers to you that Luhan can get weird and that if he tries anything funny to call him and that he'll kick his for you. 

 

     "You're Hana?" Luhan smiles brightly. You notice that he is a lot more approachable when he's not dressed in black and holding a murderous weapon in his hand. 

 

     "That's me," you say, still a bit wary about the boy. 

 

Luhan smiles brighter, "You're a lot more beautiful in person!" 

 

You blush red and Kris glares at Luhan.

 

      "Don't do that," he tells the deer looking boy. 

 

      "Do what?" Luhan asks. 

 

      "Flirt," Kris deadpans. 

 

      "I'm not flirting."

 

      "You are." 

 

      "I'm not. Shut up, you're ruining my chances." 

 

      "You had no chances, Lu."

 

      "Why? Does she have a boyfriend already?" 

 

Kris lips tighten. Luhan raises a brow and sends you a strange look. "Do you?" 

 

You clear your throat. "No, I don't." 

 

Kris holds his breath for some reason. 

 

      "Oh," Luhan smirks. "Do you want one?" 

 

You glance at Kris, then at the wall and then at Luhan. You don't really know how to respond to that. In your head you're yelling, "Yeah!" But in reality that seems morally wrong. 

 

You look at Kris again from where you're sitting on the couch and the boy sees you silently asking for help. 

 

He stands up. "No, she doesn't want a boyfriend." And then pulls Luhan by the arm and pushes him so he can start walking up the stairs. You stare as Kris manhandles Luhan. 

 

Luhan smiles at Kris even as his back is being shoved up the staircase. "That ," he mumbles and then adds, "For you." 

 

Kris pretends he doesn't hear it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

      "Rules need to be established," Kris says. 

 

Luhan nods. "Okay, sure. What are they?" 

 

     "No talking to Hana. You go to school, come home, eat, go to sleep, and then wake up and repeat the process again, but absolutely no talking to Hana in between any of these activities."

 

Luhan raises a brow. "Why not? She's beautiful and I want to know her." 

 

     "No." 

 

      "Yifan-"

 

      "No."

 

      "That's not fai-"

 

      "No." 

 

      "You can't keep me away from talking to an attractive girl. That's a move. We're bros, you're supposed to be my automatic wingman when there's a girl I like." 

 

      "You don't like her. You like the way she looks. That's not the same thing." 

 

      "I can get to know her?" 

 

      "How? You're not allowed to talk to her?" 

 

      "Because you're being a ." 

 

      "No," Kris frowns and then tries to make up a fast excuse. "It's not because of me... It's a rule that her... Dad... Made up...?"

 

     "You don't sound sure," Luhan crosses his arms.

 

Kris glares. "Don't talk to her. I told you this a really long time ago, too. It's still the same." 

 

Luhan raises his brow again. "Why do I feel like the motives have changed though? Before it was because she was evil and you cared about me and so you told me to stay away from her to save myself. However, now it looks like you're saying it for your own selfish reasons." 

 

       "What? No, that's creepy. It's not like that. I just don't want you to talk to her." 

 

       "That doesn't make sense. I'm talking to her."

 

      "No."

 

       "Yes." 

 

       "Luhan," Kris says. "Don't talk to her." 

 

Luhan frowns. "No, I'm still going to talk to her. She's pretty and nice and has a nice ." 

 

      "What the . Don't look at her ." 

 

Luhan shrugs, a little guilty. "Sorry, hard not to. I wonder if it feels as soft as it looks..."

 

Kris clears his throat because yes, it does feel as soft as it looks.

 

     "Anyways, can I have a tour around the house?" 

 

 

 

 

 

You stay in your room the hold day and study and do homework. You hear Kris and Luhan from your balcony and you're too curious not to check on what they're doing so you decide to take a peek. 

 

The both of them are lying on the grass and laughing as if they just heard the funniest joke in history and you frown because they look like a very happy couple. You wonder what they're talking about. Probably just best friends catching up. 

 

However...

 

      "Hey!" You yell. 

 

The two boys sit up and look at you. Kris puts a hand to his forehead to cover the sunlight from his eyes as he looks up at you. "What?" 

 

      "Are you talking ?" 

 

       "Yes!" 

 

      "Not of me, right?" 

 

      "Yes!"

 

       "Yes?" 

 

       "Yes, we're talking about you."

 

      You frown and direct your gaze at Luhan. "Kris once swallowed and injured his !" You tell him. "And that's just one of many stories." 

 

Before you leave your balcony and close the glass door to go back to studying, you hear Luhan laughing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You stay in your room for the rest of the afternoon. Your mom comes home from work and checks up on you and asks about your day. Your dad does the same but just to make sure that you're not uncomfortable with Luhan around. You tell him that it's like having a nicer and flirtier Kris around. 

 

When they leave, it's just you and your thoughts again. Those stupid thoughts again. 

 

Everything feels normal and that annoys you because you still have images of last night plastered in your memory. You have two hickeys on your neck as a reminder as well. 

 

Yet, why is he acting like nothing happened? 

 

It's Deja vu all over again. 

 

It's Chanyeol kissing you on your balcony at night with beers all over again. It's Chanyeol smiling at you as if everything is fine again. It's Chanyeol getting a girlfriend and pretending he wasn't your first kiss.

 

It's Chanyeol all over again. Confusion all over again. But this time not as painful because you're not in love with Kris. 

 

You might be ually attracted to Kris though... Or something a bit stronger. 

 

You should talk to him, you say to yourself. But then you remember that you don't know what you want to achieve with this conversation. Do you want to just apologize or gain something from it? 

 

"Am I afraid of rejection?" You mumble to yourself. You twist against your sheets. "But then why would I feel rejected? It's not like I'm asking him out...." 

 

Your phone buzzes. 

 

Chanyeol 

Are you feeling alright? How did you wake up? Did you drink medicine for your hangover?

 

You stare at the text for a while. Before you can answer, there’s a knock on your door though. You frown a little because the door suddenly opens without waiting for your response.

 

     “Hana,” he calls your name and you feel fluffy and that makes you feel like stabbing yourself.

 

You sit up on your bed and clear your throat, “What is it?”

 

Kris stares you down for a couple of seconds, his eyes glancing down at the way your hands are rubbing against your thighs in a slow and anxious way and it makes him itch because the action only tells him that you’re nervous or something of the same sort.

 

     “I’m taking Luhan out to eat Ice cream,” Kris finally speaks. “I was wondering if you wanted to come with us.”

 

You note that Kris is acting normal and it bothers you because you two kissed. Isn’t he supposed to say something about it or is he pulling a Chanyeol and pretending that there was no yesterday.

 

      “Yifan,” you begin, ready to question yesterday’s events, but halt your words and decide to speak to him when you’re in the Ice cream shop. “Never mind, let’s go.” And you jump off the bed and put on your shoes, meeting Kris’ eyes when you’re done. He has a dazed look.

 

     “What?” you question.

 

Kris blinks. “Nothing, sorry. Let’s go.” And then he’s out your door and you hear his feet going down the stairs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     “Those jeans look great on you,” Luhan compliments from the backseat.

 

You smile at him, “Thank you. I like your jeans too. You dress great.”

 

     “Thanks, I feel like you like me already and that feels pretty good. Yifan told me you were a monster and that I should stay away from you, but I knew he was just a selfish liar.”

 

You frown at Luhan’s words and glance at Kris. “You said that? And why are you ‘selfish’?”

 

Kris doesn’t look at you. “I’m driving, don’t talk to me.”

 

Luhan answers for you. “Kris is a natural born , don’t worry about it. However, about the selfish part, I said that because the only reason he told me you were a monster was so I could stay away from you because he wants you all to himself.”

 

Kris almost swerves Lucy’s car out of the highway, and you and Luhan almost have heart attacks.

 

     “You see, even when a person says it he loses control! Calm down Kris, Hana is not going anywhere!”

 

You chuckle because despite your blushing cheeks you liked to be tease this way. It makes you feel funny and amused that Luhan is teasing Kris for liking you. You kind of like it, and somehow within your head, you wish it was true.

 

     “Shut up, Lu. That’s not funny.”

 

You raise a brow at Kris, “Don’t get defensive, you’re only proving his point. Maybe you do like me?”

 

Kris is shocked that you’re playing along with Luhan’s teasing and he’s even more surprised when he glances at you and you’re smiling like the little you are. As if you weren’t climbing on top of him and trying to kiss him just a night before.

 

     “I have standards,” Kris says.

 

You scoff, a bit amused and a bit offended. You plan to retort back with a good argument; however, Luhan speaks before you do.

 

     “Really? You have standards? Kris, where were your standards when you dated that Rachel girl while you were in Canada? You know, the whiny one that was obsessed with her Chihuahua and would use you as some kind of maid?”

 

You laugh and Luhan continues, “Or that girl you dated back in china, the one who used to pick your nose for you.” You’re covering your mouth to not laugh so loud when Luhan whispers to you, “It was her kink and Kris actually went with it.”

 

Kris is blushing red. “They were all really good-looking.”

 

Luhan snorts, “What’s the point of them being good-looking if th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter