Confessions And Yuri

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 003: Confessions and Yuri

 

It could be called the biggest shock of your life, the moment you realize you like Chanyeol and it is an even bigger shock when you realize you love him.

How do you realize it? 

Chanyeol and you are sitting together in lunch, fooling around as usual. He is trying to stuff your mouth with apple sauce (which you hate) and you refuse to consume such poison, pushing him away. 

     "Chanyeol, how many times have we talked about you forcing food on people's mouth?" 

You both turn to look to your side, or so you think. When you look at yuri, Chanyeol manages to dig a spoonful of apple sauce into your mouth. 

      "Ha! I win!" He exclaims as you immediately spit the content out of your mouth and into a napkin. He chuckles.

      "You guys are so strange..." Yuri mumbles from the side. You look up at her. She looks down at you.

"Hi," She awkwardly smiles at you. 

You guys don't really know eachother.

"Hi," You mumble back just as awkwardly. 

Chanyeol crackles in amusement and you both turned to him.

     "You guys are so awkward," He smiles to you before looking at yuri. 

      "So what's up?" He grins up at her.

       "Nothing, I just wanted to know if you could help me after school with some work...," she trails off, unsure.

Chanyeol frowns, he looks at you as if you were a painting in an art museum, before replying.

      "Sure, but can Hana come?" 

You blush and shake your head. You don't feel comfortable around yuri, you're nervous. Chanyeol pouts at your answer.

      "Why can't you go?" He mumbles.

      "I'm busy, yeol."

Yeol is the nickname that gets him weak. He loves being called that. Mostly because you refuse to call him oppa, and yeol is as close as he will get. He does melt when you call him yeollie, though. 

      "Fine..." He looks at yuri. "I will help. Meet me in the library, okay?"

Yuri nods and she's about to speak when Jongdae, her boyfriend, comes up behind her and hugs her. You see for a second, that she's upset. As if she's forcing herself to smile in public because she's angry.

 Jongdae's action also seems force, no feelings and no pretty expressions. 

You wonder if they got in a fight. 

Chanyeol doesn't seem to know Jongdae because he looks away. 

You think you see something spark in his eyes. He is annoyed? Why? Does he not like Jongdae?

"We need to talk, " Yuri says and Jongdae lets her go before nodding. 

They both turn to you two and smile before walking away. 

When they're gone, Chanyeol looks mad, Surprising you a lot.

      "I don't like that guy," He mumbles. 

You're surprised. You thought Chanyeol was Jongdae's friend.

     "Who? Jongdae?" 

     "Who else!" He hisses. "Don't you feel like Yuri is too good for him? I mean, she deserves so much better..."

You shrug. "I guess, she's pretty."

Chanyeol smiles. "She is, isn't she?"

Your heart aches at his words. Does he like yuri? You don't think about it because just the thoughts gives you pain on your lower stomach. You don't even dare to ask. 

You watch him eat and then the bell rings and you have to go to class. For the rest of the day you wonder if Chanyeol likes yuri and if he does, Why does the thought bother you so much?

 

*******

 

  You see Yuri and Jongdae fighting a couple of days later. It isn't a very nice argument to watch or listen.    They curse and it becomes so bad that Yuri slaps Jongdae. They don't care about people watching.    Yuri cries and Jongdae looks furious about the slap. He leans in closer to scream at her but a very familiar deep voice interferes. 

 

      "Stop it," It's Chanyeol and he's talking to Jongdae. 

A shiver runs down your spine. 

     "Stay out of this, yeol," Jongdae responds.

      You close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths.

When you look back a crowd is around and Chanyeol grabs Yuri's hand before dragging her away. The latter cries and squeezes his hand tighter. You don't know where they're going but the sight and thought of them holding hands and being alone bothers you. 

When you glance at Jongdae he is leaning against his locker and he looks worn out. 

His head is hanged low and you're not sure what gives you the courage to walk up to him. 

      "You okay?" You ask, the crowd around slowly dispensing but some looking at you in surprise. 

He looks up at you and his eyes are glassy and sad. He looks like he's about to cry, but you know he won't. What surprises you are his next words. 

"Can I hug you?" 

You open your mouth to protest and tell him that hugging you will make you feel very uncomfortable, but he hugs you before you can reject. He squeezes you tightly and you notice that he smells nice. 

You've never hugged another man besides your dad and Chanyeol. 

 

    *******

 

 

  You're not sure how or when, but you and Jongdae end up in the library, talking about his problems.    It's odd because you've never been a talker or a listener as there is no one who has ever even approached you besides Chanyeol.

 

You listen, trying really hard to understand until Yuri's name comes up the conversation. 

     "I messed up so badly, Hana," You're surprise he knows your name. "I really liked her at the beginning, but then I met her and I realized that Yuri wasn't the one for me. I don't know what went over me but I kissed her. I felt more attracted to her than Yuri and the next morning I realized my mistake. I slept with somebody else! How could I do that?!" He yells and you look around, surprised that you guys haven't been shushed by anyone. 

      "So, you cheated on her?" You ask. This is so entertaining in a way, as evil as it sounds. Yet, at the same time, you want to help. 

Jongdae lets out a sad grunt and you frown. 

      "Sorry for asking, it wasn't my intention to make you feel worse," You whisper and try to sooth him down. "It's gonna be okay."

     "I don't know. I want to break up but what if I hurt her?"

You bite your lips and watch him stare into space until a tear finally slips from his eyes, but he wipes it away with a bitter laugh. But that's all. Only one year.

 

 

 

*******

 

 

Chanyeol meets you after school, he comes over to your house but before he does, he calls. 

     "Are your parents home?" He asks. 

      "No. They're coming late because of work but it's only for today-"

     "I'm coming over." Then he hangs up. You wait for him nervously after that talk. You're not sure of what's going on but it bothers you a lot. 

There's a knock on your door 20 minutes later and you don't have to think twice to know it's the giant. 

As soon as you open the door, Chanyeol barges in. You pay attention to the bag on his hand. You hear the sound of cans clashing and frown. 

     "What's that?" You ask closing the door. 

Chanyeol sighs. "Beer," He says and this time you frown.

     "But why?"

     "I'm getting wasted today," He says. You want to laugh but he seems serious. 

     "Why?" You ask realizing he truly is serious. "Did something bad happened? Should I be worried?!"

Chanyeol shakes his head. 

     "I just need to lose control once in a while. I want to get drunk and I couldn't do it because I'm alone at home and I'm afraid I'm gonna do something stupid, so I came over here because I trust you with myself."

You smile. "That's sweet, but no."

     "Please?!"

 

*******

 

Chanyeol manages to convince you. You're on your bedroom's balcony. It's too small for Chanyeol to spread his legs and that makes him upset. 

      "I hate the Teletubbies!" He blurts out and you sigh.

     "After your seventh can you finally get drunk. Incredible alcohol tolerance Park Chanyeol..." You mumble and Chanyeol's arms wrap around you for the millionth time that night. You sigh again. This was really annoying. 

      "Did you know that yuri loves Chen but he cheated on her?! That's like...crazy!" His voice is barely audible and you want to slap him. You don't like it, that he's bringing up yuri too much and you hate how he's squeezing you. Not to mention you obviously know who Chen is. 

      "Yeah..." 

      "Like what?! You don't do that! She's so awesome!"

     "Why do you care, yeol?"

     "Because I do!" He then smiles, pulling his face away from your neck. "I love it when you call me yeol~ but I would love it more if you call me oppa!" 

     "You are so drunk..."

     "Yes, I am!" He giggles.

You groan. "Yeol-"

      "You're so gorgeous and beautiful, Hana." 

Those words cut your thinking abilities short. 

You have never been called beautiful and now that you hear it, wow. It sounds so sincere and nice. 

      "You mean that?" You sheepishly smile at Chanyeol. 

He just stares at you. His eyes shifting from you eyes to your lips and you begin to sweat. 

      "I mean it..." He says, "The most beautiful lady in the world is you Ice princess!" You can't help the smile on your lips.

      "Maybe," you begin," you're saying this because you're drunk."

      "I'm not," Chanyeol mumbles and he's leaning close again, something you don't put much thought in. "I mean it..."

      "Thanks, yeol." You smile and that's when the unexpected happens. 

He kisses you. At first you freeze and it's strange and you wonder if this is right when he's drunk and you're nothing but friends.

His lips move against yours and you feel like burning from head to toe. It's uncomfortable and foreign at first, yet you don't want to end it. But when you slightly part your lips, his fit better against yours and it's nice. Too nice and you feel like you're heart will explode. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter