Friend And Basketball

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

CHAPTER 002: Friends and Basketball

 

      The day you met Chanyeol?It was Tuesday. But now it was Friday. You haven't seen him around and you would be lying if you said you aren't disappointed. 

Chanyeol was prove that you were approachable and not a creep. It gave you hope, that you had a friend. Because that's what you though, that you guys were friends. 

      Still, you have not see him around and it was starting to worry you. 

There was a point where you began to pray to see him at school so you could verify if you two were friends or not, but nothing. So when friday came up, you decided to give up.  

You hadn't 'accidentally' try to bump into him because you couldn't find him so you had stop searching. 

     "Wow....I must be desperate for a friend," You laugh at yourself when you are taking out your books from your locker. They are huge; math and literature. You sigh and close your locker with your back. 

Three seconds later, a voice calls out your name. You are startled. It wasn't usual to hear somebody screaming, "HANA! YAH!" You are pretty sure it's for you. 

      You twist your body around and your eyes widen seeing Chanyeol. A smile can't be helped from forming on your lips. You are glad to see him and even more that he remembers you. He is wearing a basketball uniform with the number 7 on it. 

     "Hey!" His deep voice is accompanied with a smile. 

     "Hey," You say with a grin, making sure your books won't fall from your arms.

     "Guess what?" He smirks but doesn't even let you answer, "You are the ice princess."

You roll your eyes at the accusation. This was just ridiculous.

      "No, I'm not. Nobody calls me that stupid nickname," You chuckle, really happy that he's there in the first place.

Chanyeol scoffs as if he has something on you. "What's your last name?" He smiles with his eyebrows up in amusement. 

You answer with a shrug, "Song, but-"

     "AHA!" He grins and points at you. "You are the ice princess. Song Hana." 

You roll your eyes again, "You just made that up."

Chanyeol scoffs and almost seems offended. You stare at him, waiting for a witty comment or proof. Chanyeol looks around him then back at you.

     "Fine, I'll prove it," He says. You watch him eye students passing by the hallway. Some girls stare at him in awe and he notices, you also notice. 

It's uncomfortable but you don't mind, seeing that they're staring at Chanyeol, not you.

      The giant Basketball captain smiles and walks towards the girls, pulling you along with him. 

He is grabbing onto your shoulders and you're careful as to not drop your books. 

     The girls both seem surprise when you're both standing in front of them. They turn red and try to avoid eye contact. 

     "Hey," Chanyeol smiles and they both look at him as if he was the most beautiful thing they have ever seen in their lives. To them, he probably is.      

      Chanyeol feels like he has to make a point, so he doesn't care if he sounds strange when he asks them, "Do you girls know what her name is?" He points to you and you blush red. You've never interacted with a stranger in your life but Chanyeol is confident and happy. 

You envy him for that. How can he do that?

     "Do you?" He repeats himself and the girls look at you.

For a second you feel like they hate you, they basically glare at you but then their expressions go numb. 

They think while you wonder if they really do hate you. But instead they smile and look up at Chanyeol. 

     "Hana," One of the girl says and the other just nods. 

You're very taken a back, surprise that they know your name. Since when did people knew you existed?

Chanyeol shakes his head, "Yeah but what's her nickname?"

They both say the answer faster than a breath, "Ice princess." They look at you and you flush red.

Chanyeol chuckles and looks at you in accomplishment, "See, told ya!" 

He seems too excited. The two girls squint their eyes at you, trying to figure out what's going on and if they should kill you or not. They're jealous. You don't notice it until the last second but when you do, you wonder if it was even there in the first place. 

     "Thanks girls, that's all I needed," Chanyeol mumbles before giving each one a high-five and then walking away, pulling your wrist to make you follow. The girls watch you leave until you guys disappear on another corner of the hallway, turning right. 

     "Now do you believe me?" He smiles. 

     "It's still stupid," You say. 

He shrugs, "Maybe but- oh, let me carry that for you." He changes his words and takes your books from your arms. They're numb from the weight and you feel so grateful you could pay him. 

     "Oh gosh! Thank you! I was dying!"

Chanyeol chuckles. "You're so weak. They don't even weight that much."

You roll your eyes and try to change the conversation as you walk. "So why are you wearing a basketball uniform now, captain?"

     "Well duh! Basketball," He says with a teasing tone and you hit him in the arm but he doesn't budge, just laughs. 

      "No, seriously."

    "I'm serious!" He laughs. "I'm doing basketball right now."

You frown. "But you're not sweaty..."

    "I know, dummy," He says. "I'm going to practice right now. I was heading to the gym when I saw you."

You smile and he continues. 

   "I was looking for you this week but couldn't find you. Do you hide under rocks or something?" He chuckles but there's a hidden meaning behind it. You feel happy, hearing his words about how he was looking for you. 

     "No but I've been busy," You lie. A couple of minutes before you were drunk in trying to find him. Now that you think about it, have you really become this creepy?

Chanyeol frowns, "With?"

And then you can't help yourself-"Being awesome," You smirk, adding a hair flip for dramatization. Chanyeol snorts with a laugh before shoving you with his body. You almost fall. 

     "Chanyeol!" You yell shoving him back, even if you're laughing equally as hard after regaining your balance.

     "Stop it or I'll drop your books!" He threatens and you roll your eyes at the way he has his arms spread out with your books. He has this crazy look in his eyes, you note.

     "Anyway!" You say trying to get his attention,"When does basketball practice start?"

     "I still have time," He straightens his body, "I changed into my uniform quickly so I could have extra time to warm up by myself but instead I'm here," He fakes a disgusted look, "...with you."

You fake a gasp. "How dare you, peasant!" 

Chanyeol laughs and flicks your forehead, "If anything, you're the peasant!" You flinch away and rub the sore spot. 

     "Aren't you too comfortable already? hitting me and all?" You say with a pout while glaring at him. He chuckles. 

      "I don't know but you're fun to bother," He says. "Plus you remind me of myself... but you know, you're a girl and I'm cooler than you," He says and you shove him again. 

He bursts into a bigger laughter, "I'm just kidding!" You want to pinch him but listen as he continues to speak. "So, where are you going now, Ice princess?" 

You glare at him because of the nickname but nevertheless, you answer. 

     "Upstairs, room 205," You reply and Chanyeol frowns. 

     "Oh, then I guess this is where I have to go." 

He stops walking to give you the books and you take them. 

     "I can't drop you off to class because it'll take too long to go up the stairs and then down back to the gym, so sorry ma'am! this is where we must part ways," He says it so dramatically as if you were acting out a Shakespeare play. You really want to laugh, and you do.

     "Alright, thanks then, Romeo." You secure your books in your arms before he waves you goodbye and runs the opposite way, towards the gym. 

A thought pops into your mind when he's already far away: "You look good in your basketball uniform, captain."

      You reach class and your teachers asks you why you took so long to grab your books. You say it's because your locker was acting up and it took some time to finally open it. She answers by telling you that maybe you need a new locker- like that would actually happen. You nod and take a seat before the lessons begin.

You're happy.

 

 

  *******

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter