Dimples And Long Legs

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 045: Dimples And Long Legs

Chanyeol is at the grocery store, in the frozen food isle. He's currently contemplating whether to buy mint chocolate or plain vanilla ice cream. He decides to be daring and buys mint chocolate.

He closes the glass door of the ice cream section and steps away, only to bump into someone who he wishes was not in the same country as him.

      "Chanyeol," she gasps, surprised or something of the same sort.

Chanyeol stiffens, moves away to keep some space between them. He thinks it's too coincidental that he meets yuri here, exactly at this spot, and so he infers that she must have followed him here. Maybe not into the store, but definitely in this isle. She doesn't even like these flavors of ice cream. She likes chocolate and that's three doors down.

      "Are you following me?" Yuri looks taken aback by the blunt question.

The look she has on her face is a mixture between a smile and a grimace. "I mean, I was buying some water and I saw you pass by... So, I followed you here."

Chanyeol's lips turn into a thin line. "How are you?" Yuri asks, realizing that Chanyeol is probably not going to be the one progressing the conversation.

He wonders why she would ask that, but he doesn't have to ask since she tells him herself. "I was wondering because I heard that you and Hana broke up. I'm sorry, by the way. I know that you really liked her."

Chanyeol frowns, shaking his head slowly, "No, we broke up because we didn't like each other. We were just confused."

A bitter look grows on Yuri's face. "You ended our relationship for nothing then."

Chanyeol is genuinely surprised that she would blurt out that thought all of a sudden, especially when they had just run into each other one minute ago.

      "No," Chanyeol says, moving away just a tiny bit, "Our relationship wasn't very healthy either. It's good that we broke up."

Yuri's mouth opens in surprise. She closes it and then looks around, looking up at Chanyeol a second later. She's anxiously rubbing the water bottle in her hands.

       "Can we talk?"

     Chanyeol thinks about what you had told him earlier. Don't talk to her, you had said. You'll grow attach and feel tier. He tells you sorry in his head. "Sure," he says.

She awkwardly smiles and moves around him, and Chanyeol knows she means for him to follow her. He walks next to her and later she waits for him to pay for his groceries, which is just detergent, shampoo and the pint of ice cream.

Minutes later, he finds himself sitting on the bench outside the store, Yuri sitting next to him, anxiety zooming out of her skin.

     "I'm sorry," she says, "for being a and hurting you and the whole jealousy thing that I did. I know I drove you insane. I'm trying to change that."

Chanyeol wonders if she's going to ask for him to give her another chance. How is he gonna react? Doesn't she have a boyfriend? He's pretty sure she does.

     "Why are you telling me this?"

Yuri doesn't look at him. She shrugs, "I don't know." She keeps facing forward as she speaks, watching people walk with grocery carts and bags on their hands, and cars passing by looking for parking spaces. "We are in the same class and I think it's awkward that I feel compelled to avoid you like the plague. I don't want to avoid you anymore. Besides, we're graduating soon and I don't want to leave with the thought that you became a stranger to me."

Chanyeol looks at her, "I still love you." He feels his heart hammer against his chest and his palms sweat. He wants to move on. He just doesn't want to keep his feelings a secret and wait for the emotions to tear him apart. All he wants is for her to know how much he loves her so he won't stay up at night regretting not telling her. 

Yuri looks back at him. She frowns, "Chanyeol, I didn't tell you this to get back together. I have a boyfriend now-"

Chanyeol puts his hand up as if to tell her to stop, which she does. "I know you have a boyfriend. And no, I'm not telling you so we could get back together. I just..." He sighs, looking away and to the front now, "I want to tell you because I don't want to bottle it in. I want to tell you that I love you and I'll probably never love someone the way I love you; however, I don't want to pursue my feelings. I'm gonna move on, that I promise. I want to move on and it's only fair I tell you that my love was sincere even if we didn't work out. I'm sorry we didn't, by the way. It was partially my fault." He chuckles, "I also don't want us to end up like strangers. You're my first love, I don't want to have a bad memory about my first love."

Yuri smiles, and her eyes look as watery as Chanyeol's.

He laughs, mumbling, "I don't want you to hate me, either."

Yuri laughs now, "I don't hate you. I never did. And I'm sorry, too. I made you miserable. I should have tried to be more understanding. I'm also sorry towards Hana- you should tell her I said sorry. I was rude to her and she was..." Yuri clears . "She suffered a lot because of me and my friends. She got beat up that one time by my friend- because of me. I'm sorry. They were trying to look after me because I told them that she was trying to steal you away from me and they just.. began bullying her. I'm so sorry." Her voice cracks and she looks pitiful, "Tell her I said sorry. I'm so sorry." She takes a deep breath, "Can you tell her I said sorry?"

Chanyeol looks at her, "Maybe you should be the one to tell her that." He stands up. "I'm sure she will appreciate it more if you told her yourself." He looks down at her and smiles, "I'm glad we spoke. Is that all you wanted to tell me?"

Yuri nods and she looks a lot more relaxed now, "Yes, I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry and I want the best for you. You're amazing, Chanyeol."

Chanyeol smiles. "I hope the best for you, too." He feels like a boulder has been lifted off his shoulders. "I gotta go now, but I'm glad we talked. See you at school and good luck with your relationship."

He turns around after that, walking towards his car. He feels light and satisfied. He'll be okay. His soulmate may not be you or Yuri, but they're out there. And he knows he will find that special someone eventually.

He's starting his car when his phone buzzes and it's a text from Baekhyun.

You haven't answered to any of my texts lately?? Are you sad?? You want to go eat ice cream with me and the guys??? Hellooooooo?????

Chanyeol laughs, texting back, I just bought ice cream so let's eat it together since I'm in a good mood

He looks back at the grocery bag in the passenger seat and he knows the ice cream has melted by now, but it's okay because that doesn't mean he still can't eat it and enjoy it.

 

*************************

 

      "Kids!" Nana yells from the kitchen, "Kids!" She calls four more times.

Luhan, Kris, and you stomp your way towards the kitchen since you're not sure which one of you she calls for. You're all annoyed.

      "Yes?" You say, trying to hide some irritation because you were reading.

      "What is it?" Luhan frowns, wanting to get back to playing video games with Kris.

      "Now what?" Kris glares.

Nana puts her hands on her hips and she glares at all of you. "Are you three giving me attitude?"

You all mumble different things.

      "I feel like it's important to remind you three that I gave birth to Kris' father and so if I hadn't, Kris wouldn't be here right now." She glares at Kris, "You welcome for giving you existence, kris. Anyways, if Kris wasn't born then you-" she points at Luhan, "Would have never met him in the first place and so you would have no friends. And you," she looks at you, "Wouldn't have met Kris and just like Luhan, you wouldn't have any friends either. You welcome. I made you all relevant. And so, it's only correct that you all act appropriately and treat me right, right?"

You three sigh and Nana smiles. "That's more like it!" She says, "Now, I need you to do me a favor."

      "What is it?" Kris asks.

Nana leans against the counter, "I need you three to go get me my medicine."

You frown, "You don't need three of us for that."

Nana rolls her eyes, "I need all of you. I need Kris to drive you guys to the store to get them for me because he knows which medicine I use, and I need you to go because you know where the store should be since you've lived here your whole life."

      "What about me? You don't need me," Luhan says, "so can I go back to playing games?"

Nana shakes her head, "No, no! You have the most important job. I need you to go and make sure that Kris and Hana do not murder each other."

Luhan pouts, "Ah, I thought I was more important..."

You and Kris snort.

     "Anyways, hurry up before it gets late and starts snowing harder. Go, go!"

You three groan and in between the complaining, you all manage to boot up and sweater up to protect yourselves against the cold. When you're getting into the car, Kris tells you all to shake your feet before you put them inside because he doesn't want snow inside the car. Luhan accidently gets snow in the backseat and Kris chokes him with the scarf that's around Luhan's own neck.

     "I wish someone would treat me the way you treat this car, Yifan," you say, putting on your seatbelt.

Kris smiles, but he doesn't say anything. "Seatbelt on?"

You nod, "Yes, sir."

     "Luhan, did you put on your seatbelt?" Kris asks the boy in the back.

Luhan releases a groan, "How can you ask that as if you didn't just almost choke me to death with my own expensive clothing?"

You snort and Kris shrugs. "The car is important. You deserved it. I warned you earlier."

Luhan pouts, putting on his seatbelt as Kris leaves the driveway. "You're so lucky that I'm kind of and so I enjoyed being choked like that..."

When Kris hears that, the car almost swerved off its lane. You, on the other hand, give Luhan a high five. 

 

****************************

 

Yixing feels breathless. He pictured Eunsul kissing him in a teasing way, lips meeting and separating to rile him up. Not this. Though he's enjoying it either way. The girl had leaned in and pushed her lips against his, roughly and without hesitation. He had panicked for a second but after feeling her hands on his scalp and the other on his chest, he had let loose and kissed her back.

And now here he is.

Her breath is heavy and her hands are touchy, with her body leaning closer and closer as the time goes by. Yixing's hands are gripping her waist like his life depends on it. His lips feel swollen from the way she bites them. He feels full and unsatisfied, all at once. He wants more even if he feels overwhelmed by it. He pulls her closer and Eunsul understands this as she climbs onto his lap to kiss him better.

The kiss makes wet noises and her leather jacket is shed in the process of it. None of them are sure if the one to take it off is Yixing or herself.

She pulls away from the kiss and Yixing feels dizzy, looking up at her and breathing heavily. He places his hands on her thighs, waiting for her to speak or to kiss him again.

      "I want you to me," she says. Yixing hiccups, feelings his body tense and react towards her words. "I-i. I don't have.. condoms...," he mumbles, cheeks red and heart beating fast. "I also feel like- like maybe it's too f-fast and I'm not very... um... prepared for it.." 

Eunsul chuckles, "You didn't even let me finish, bunny. I meant to say that even if I want us to have fun-" she winks at him, "Maybe we can do something else."

     "Um... Like what?"

She rolls her eyes, "Let me finish, Bunny."

Yixing swallows and he shifts a little in his seat, feeling embarrassingly hard for the first time in a while. He hopes Eunsul doesn't feel it, especially when she's sitting on his lap. "I'm sorry," he says, a blush spreading down to his neck, "please continue."

Eunsul smiles, "Thank you." She then grabs her jacket from where it's lying down on the floor, stretching her arms out, and Yixing tries his hardest not to moan because she just sort of shifted in a way that pressed her bottom harder to his . He blushes red because he's sure she felt it as well. And he isn't wrong.

      "You're hard," Eunsul says once she's grabbed her jacket, raising a brow. Her words sound like a statement more than a question.

Yixing wants to disappear. He opens his mouth to say something but the smirk Eunsul is giving him is intimidating him and so he just covers his face in embarrassment. Eunsul's heart is hammering against her chest. She's genuinely surprised to be this happy. She smiles and watches Yixing groan behind his hands.

      "Why are you covering your face, Mr. Zhang?"

      "I'm embarrassed, give me a minute, please," he softly says, words muffled by his hands.

Eunsul giggles and she can't help but lean in to plant a kiss on his neck, to which Yixing removes his hands to stop her because he has an extremely sensitive neck. Eunsul laughs but doesn't stop trying to plant kisses, and Yixing is giggling and cringing all at once. "Stop, please!" He shrieks in between giggles, "I can't breathe!" Eunsul stops and waits for the boy to regain his breath and composure, though his face remains red. "That was the worst moment of my life," he admits. "I almost died."

Eunsul raises a brow, tilting her head, "I didn't know you had a sensitive neck. I was planning on giving you a hickey."

Yixing, in between embarrassment, makes a face. "Please don't do that. I will cry."

The girl smiles, "Okay, I won't then." She then leans forward and pecks him on the lips. Then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter