Unbearable

My Thai Prince

Watch trailer here:

To the present date…

   Her body was excessively sore. She stretched her arm and minimized the page she was navigating on for her assignment. She stared at the background picture of her laptop screen for a while. It was an old picture of Taec, Khun and her. Those were the days… They were always together back then.

    Unfortunately, those moments were rare lately; Nichkhun was always with Yoona and Taec was regularly working to pay the bills. Yuri was finishing up high school and was extremely busy as well. This situation wouldn’t get any better, because Nichkhun was leaving the country.

   Yes… He was leaving. After finishing high school, his parent found no need in keeping him in Korea. Khun tried to stall as much as possible in order to stay longer, but now, his parents insisted on his return to the country. He was forced to leave and was scheduled to do so in a few days.

   Yuri had a bad feeling in her stomach thinking about the other night. She couldn’t seem to concentrate at all, not even on her homework. It all occurred to her again.

 

Flashback…

   Nichkhun was in a hurry when Yuri entered his house. He walked from one end of the room to the other seemingly confused. Sometimes he would pace around; other times he’d throw his belongings a little bit all over the place.

   Yuri watched her best friend a bit annoyed of his odd behavior as she tried to get his attention. It was no use… No responds, he was in his own world.

   “Khun oppa! Snap out of it! What are you doing?” she asked irritated yet determined. She jumped on front of him and nudged his shoulders. “Yah! Look at me!” she shouted.

   “Oh mianhe Yuri-ah. I was just cleaning up a bit. You see, Yoona will be coming in about an hour and I want everything to be cleared up.” When Nichkhun said Yoona, Yuri felt like cutting his tougue off. That was the only word that came out of his mouth all month and it really got to her.

   “Her again? You’ve been with her every day. Aren’t you tired of her?”

   “How can I be? I’ll be leaving her in a week. It’s only necessary that I use up every second of it,” he said convinced that this was the perfect excuse. She rolled her eyes.

   “Yah! Are you forgetting your friends now? You’ll be leaving us too. So where’s our quality time with you?”

   “I spend time with you everyday too!” Yuri bit her lip and held herself from provoking a tantrum. The last time he spent time with them was more than a month ago, before Yoona started whining about not getting enough attention from her beloved boyfriend. Since then, Yuri just waited patiently for her demands to pass and pretended to tolerate her rival.

   Perhaps his use of time wasn’t the only reason for her anger. Her jealousy had never calmed down. She didn’t cease to have feelings for Nichkhun. But still, she didn’t dare say anything for the sake of his girlfriend and him. This time, it was beginning to be unbearable to hide.

    “Araso! Taec and I don’t care! Just spend time with your plastic Barbie doll and go back to Thailand!” Khun was mad. He couldn’t stand insults against Yoona. It was more offensive than if it were directed to him.

   “What did you call her!?”

   “I said that she is a weak plastic Barbie doll who only thinks of herself! I don’t understand why you would date such a thing. There… Now you know what I truly think of her.” He grabbed her wrist tightly without even noticing he was hurting her. She tried to escape but his grip was too strong. Her eyes were completely on fire. 

   “Don’t you dare insult Yoona ever again! You’re not worthy of calling her anything because you’re nothing compare to her.” Those words were the most hurtful ones he ever said knowing how much they’ve been through together. Yuri was always by his side whenever he’d have any sort of problem.

    She was his regular comforter in the midst of fights with Yoona. She was also his sister when troubled by his parents.

    What surprised her most was that Khun was normally the most gentlest man anyone could possibly meet. But his temper could turn quite bad and she knew it.

   He let go of her arm and walked away. Yuri took a quick glance at her pale wrist and stopped him while keeping her hand on her minor injury. “Wait!” He obeyed, but refused to face her. However, she spoke anyways.

   “Why do you only care about Yoona?” Khun fired up furiously. “You’re building your world around her Khun! That’s dangerous. How will you live when you go back to Thailand?”

   “Why do you even care? And so what if she is my world? Am I not allowed to spend time with her? Stop making excuses and admit that you’re just jealous.” This was simply unbearable… It was time for her to speak up.

   “I am!” shouted Yuri. Nichkhun observed her in shock. “I am jealous… I want to be loved, cared for and remembered just like Yoona is. Is that too much to wish for? All my life I just wanted someone to acknowledge me instead of it constantly being the other way around. Doesn’t she already have all of that?” Nichkhun’s eyes didn’t leave her’s. Yuri wiped the tears off her face and continued.

   “I’ve had feelings for you for a long time Khun oppa and I’ll admit it. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t stand a chance against someone like her. So I kept my mouth shut and painfully watched you date someone else and supported it all the way through.”

   He stood speechless but his look became soft and compassionate. “I knew that you wouldn’t accept someone as unworthy as me to date you. What I’m confessing to you now may forever change our relationship but I didn’t want to regret not saying it.” She bowed and looked at him in the eye one more time.

   “I’ll stop liking you from now on. Annyeong… Khun-shi…” His heart raced and practically skipped a beat. Nichkhun was leaving soon, and he was fighting with his best friend. Or could he even call her that? Why were her words affecting him so terribly? Could it be… He secretly felt the same towards her all along?

End of flashback

 

    Yuri broke out of her gaze and remembered where she really was. Those memories dated from only a few days ago.

   She glanced at her watch and realized that she was behind in her work. Her fingers proceeded in the typing of her homework on the computer while sitting on front of her school building.

   While doing this, Nichkhun was passing by the school for a visit. He spotted Yuri on an outdoor table. She sat there with her laptop and her chocolate milk beside it. He smiled at this, knowing this would possibly be the last time he could see her doing her usual activities.

   Since she confessed, they haven’t spoken to each other and Yuri seemed to be impossible to find. He needed to speak with her before departing.

   Suddenly, someone, who Khun couldn't seem to recognize, planted herself on front of Yuri. Khun’s eyes didn’t leave the scene.