You’re a match, but you’re not the Same

My Thai Prince

  A special thanks to jonghyunblingers from Girls' Generation Request Shop who kindly made this awesome trailer for this story. She did a really great job.  Here's a link to the trailer. Enjoy! Watch trailer here!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQppyEGIoJ8 

   A few days past and everyone was tested, even the king, the queen and Victoria. The results were yet to be revealed. Yuri’s condition didn’t change. She was still in a deep sleep. Nichkhun barely left the coma room. He spent his days, his nights and every spare second at her side. Mr. and Mrs. Horvejkul watched their pitiful son isolate himself from the world.

   “He’s acting childish,” stated the angry father.

   “Let him be. Who knows how long he’ll get to spend time with her before they split.”

      Nichkhun rubbed her hand softly. It was the least he could do. In her current condition, a kiss wasn’t an option especially with the air mask covering her face. He too was all bundled up with hospital clothing in order to avoid spreading germs. Taecyeon grew worried for his friend because of his troublesome behavior.

   “Khun, why don’t you go get some fresh air, Yuri will still be here when you come back,” he suggested with concern. The prince nodded without hesitation. Taecyeon sat beside his friend near the bed and watched him stare at Yuri.

   “Why are you being like this? Yuri isn’t dead, she won’t die.”

   “Can you just let me be? I could stay here if I please!” he shouted in despair. Tears almost burst out but he didn’t want to shed them.

   “You don’t want to run off because you’re scared that she’ll leave, right?” At first, he didn’t reply. But he managed to blurt something out.

   “I’m just afraid that she dies when I leave… And when I come back, she’ll be gone.” Nichkhun still didn’t move his guard. Taecyeon could see his arms tremble. He tapped him on the back in comfort. Yuri still had a pale shade of white on her face. Her lips were dry and immobile. It scared Nichkhun and gave him the shivers. Taecyeon left him in the room for a while and made his way outside. Various thoughts filled his spirits. The two people he loved the most were suffering entirely. He glanced towards a woman sitting on the chair. It was Victoria.

   Taecyeon came across her purposely and tried to discretely sit next to her. This was the only way he could possibly save Nichkhun from the arranged marriage; getting Victoria to go out with him in order to take her interest away from Nichkhun.

   “Victoria-sshi, you don’t look too good. Is there anything wrong?”

   “Aniyo. I’m doing great,” she simply said. Taec came closer.

   “I hope that you don’t mind if I ask but I’ve been curious about this for a while now. Can you answer me?” She nodded. “Are you really interested in marrying Nichkhun at all?”

   Victoria awkwardly drove her guard to another direction and tried not to blush. “Well, I didn’t at first because I barely knew him but…” Taec cut her off in the middle of her sentence.

   “Then how about going out with me instead?” She froze in surprise. Taec couldn’t help it. He didn’t mean those words at all, but he did it for the sake of those he loved. She hid her face behind her hair and jumped to her feet.

   “I think that I need a glass of water, excuse me.” Victoria left with her face red as a tomato. Taec, with his arm rested on the back of the seat, watched her stomp away. But he felt a glare beaming on his skin. He glanced to the opposite side he was initially looking at and saw Yoona. Her facial expression seemed quite irritated.

   “Yoona-ah, have you been there for a long time now?” he questioned knowing he was caught.

   “Yah! Taec oppa, what on earth are you doing?” He opened his mouth to defend himself, but Yoona cut him off. “Ah wait, I know. You were flirting with someone else’s fiancée. Right?” He couldn’t find words to fight for his cause. “Wah! I thought that you were different Taec oppa, but you’re just the same as the rest.”

   “Wait a second, why are you acting like some sort of jealous girlfriend of mine? We aren’t even going out,” he replied while getting closer to her. Yoona felt insulted even if it was the truth. They weren’t even in a relationship. Then why was she feeling this way? “Yoona-sshi, I’m only doing Nichkhun a favor.”

   “Aish! Whatever okay.” Turning around to run away from embarrassment, Dr. Choi appeared before her eyes. She jolted as they both fixed the doctor.

   “Oh! It’s good that you two are here. I have great news!” A feeling of relief invaded their spirits. “Normally, finding a bone marrow match is a rare accomplishment when a patient doesn’t have blood related siblings. But we found out that one of her friends comes close.” Taecyeon and Yoona didn’t know what to say, this was great news. The moment they waited for all these months has come. Yuri had a chance to be cured. “But remember, there is still only a fifty percent chance this will work. Because of the human body’s defense mechanism, her body can easily reject it and die out.

   “That’s already an improvement. So, who’s the match?” The suspense was building up as doctor Choi searched through his papers.

   “Her name is Victoria Song, I believe.” Their jaws dropped. Out of the entire bunch, why her? Would she even accept to take the risk?

   “Me?” Victoria stood behind them with a puzzled look. Her air seemed confused and bewildered.


   Everyone sat outside Yuri’s room in silence. They glanced around at one another to see who the first to speak was. Nichkhun broke the tension abruptly.

   “Victoria-sshi, are you going to give your bone marrow? We kind of need your answer now.”

   “Nichkhun Horvejkul, you can’t rush her into making a decision so quickly,” shouted the queen.

   “Does it look like there is any time to waste? Yuri is dying and here we are taking our dear time.” Frustration transpired all over him.

   “Why would our poor Victoria want to help Yuri when you don’t even want to marry her?” shouted the king over everyone's voice. Victoria broke their quarreling.

   “I’ll do it.” Everyone stared at her, anticipating an elaboration. “But to make everyone happy, I have one condition… Nichkhun has to marry me.” Everyone was astounded. Taec was annoyed… So much for his flirting efforts. Nichkhun was blinded by irritation to what she had said. This was a huge decision to be made. Would he choose to keep Yuri for himself but have her die? Or would he choose to let Yuri’s chances of survival rise, but loose her forever?

   “So what do you say Nichkhun? Do you accept?” No answer was given right away. A big wave of hesitation confused him.

   “I’ll think about it.” The Prince left the conversation in frustration. He didn’t know what to pick. To top it all off, Yuri wasn’t there to give her opinion on the situation. He went back into the coma room and gazed at the Yuri with dozens of wires stuck on her swollen skin. Nichkhun remembered the doctor say something about coma patience being able to hear outside voices. Perhaps she would hear his.

   “Yuri-ah, I don’t know what to do. Tell me what I should do.” In that moment, Victoria followed him in the room with her protection covering her body and hair. She sat beside her fiancé and contemplated the sick patient lying helplessly on the bed.

   “Mianhe. It’s just that I have parents to please too,” she excused herself. “I would have let both of you be together without complaint, but you’re not the only one I have to please. Our marriage is what everyone wants; your mother, your father, our country, me… ”

   “You?”

   “Nichkhun-sshi, I have to confess that I’ve grown to like you. Even if we weren’t marrying out of love, I somehow managed to fall for you. Mianhe. I didn’t mean to make Yuri my rival.” Nichkhun didn’t respond but still felt compassion for her. Victoria didn’t seem like a bad person and if he didn’t have Yuri to begin with, he would’ve definitely liked Victoria. Despite his pity, he acted cold.

   “Well whatever you feel for me, get rid of it. Until Yuri allows it, I’m not yours.”