The moments I dreamt of living Again

My Thai Prince

   It was Nichkhun Horvejkul,

   He approached her without hesitation. Before she could blink an eye, he was already tenderly squeezing her between his muscular arms.

   “I missed you Yuri-ah,” he said gently. She jerked away, surprised and astonished by his presence. “Oh I forgot about…ummm… Mianhe Yuri-ah. I didn’t think that it would make you feel uncomfortable.”

   She didn’t exactly respond. With their eyes still locked in one another, Khun’s heart began to sprint to its finish line. He could feel something strong in this stare, something that he’d only experienced with Yuri.

   Taecyeon broke their gaze as he walked by. As soon as he caught a glimpse of Khun, he raced towards him. They were cuddling like six year olds who just found their first love. Yuri watched her brother’s excitement and endless joy when he saw Khun. It had been a while since he last laughed like that.

   The two went past her, into the house, forcing Yuri to bring his suitcase inside herself. Slightly pouting, she dragged his belongings to the living room, while avoiding any sort of eye contact.

   “So what brings you back?” questionned Taecyeon with much excitment.

   “It’s a long story.”

   “That’s alright! We have all day to discuss this. While you’re doing that, Yuri will cook us a delicious meal.” She looked at Taecyeon and Khun harshly  who both smirked playfully.

   “Bullying me just because I’m the youngest isn’t nice!” she complained while opening the cabinet for a bowl. She glimpsed at Khun’s charmful yet seductive smile. Tempted to fall for the prince’s charm, she went back to work.

   The boys couldn’t stop talking. For hours they went on and on, telling each other about their past four years apart. Yuri watched them, still exhausted from her almost sleepless night.

   “Taec oppa, the food is ready,” she warned him. He smiled brightly as they made their way to the table. Nichkhun sat on the chair he used years ago: Between Yuri and Taec. It was as if he had never left. The good old days were back and he loved the feeling of it.


   The day went by with Khun and Taec laughing about all sorts of things. Yuri sat in the corner as if they didn’t exist. She refused to engage in their conversation. Khun kept glancing over at her from time to time which made her feel uneasy.

   At last it was late, around 12:34. They were all exceptionally wearied out. Taec gave his friend the sofa bed for the meantime, remembering how Khun hated sleeping with a snoring machine such as Taec.

   Yuri didn’t mind, as long as Nichkhun was FAR away from her. She made her way to the room until her brother prevented her to.

   “Yuri-ah! Give these to Khun,” he politely ordered while handing her a bunch of cozy sheets. Her eyes rolled in irritation.

   She marched in his direction highly displeased. At her arrival, Khun was sitting on the couch, all ready to receive his covers. He examined her closely as she put the sheets on the corner of the bed.

   She leaned over to the lamp behind her and turned it on. Her guard focused back on the prince who had a weird look on his face.

   “What? What are you looking at?” she asked with anxiety.

   “Nothing,” he answered innocently. Her annoyed stare amused him entirely. Ready to run off, he interrupted, wanting to finally speak to her like old days. “Yuri-ah!” he called while rising to his feet. Khun realized that he didn’t have anything to say in reality.

   So, he improvised. “Ummm… You’ve grown pretty! Really pretty…” Her fierce look made him nervous. “I mean it. Your body has gotten better too!”

   He virtually slapped himself. “Your body has gotten better too? Seriously Khun!?” he told  himself, not exactly with pride.

   “You’ve been checking me out, huh?”

   “Aniyo! You’ve got it completely wrong.”

   “Did they teach you how to become an expert in erseness? How are they educating you in Thailand?” she asked furiously. He simply laughed humorously.

   “No, but I just couldn’t help but notice how attractive you’ve become.” Yuri blushed in embarrassment while trying to brush the compliment away.

   “Nichkhun-sshi, you…”

   “Oppa." 

   “Bwoh? What are you saying?” Her expression seemed perplexed and bewildered.

   “Call me oppa.” He leaned forward until she was locked between his body and the couch. “Or I’ll kiss you.”  Yuri tried to break through without much of a result. Their faces were only millimeters apart.

   “Taec oppa!” she called fearfully. He appeared in seconds past the doorframe.

   “What’s going on?”

   “Khun is trying to ually harass me!” Nichkhun backed away and explained himself.

   “I was just fooling around, don’t worry,” he clarified while letting her free. Yuri fixed her black top and walked with Taec down the hallway. Her intolerance for the guy simply got worse. She pouted out of anger, but at the same time felt entirely content. These mixed emotions were confusing the poor girl’s mind. She didn’t know what to believe anymore.

   Taecyeon followed inside and shut the door behind him with a bottle of pills and a glass of water in his hand. He smiled cheerfully at her and sat on the edge of the bed.

  “Here, drink up.” Yuri obeyed even if she hated taking medication. After her swallow, Taecyeon her hair smoothly. “Have you felt dizzy at all today?”

   “Hardly. I totally could've after all that worked you imposed.” The brave woman sighed. “But thank you anyways.”

   “Should we tell HIM about this?”

   “Aniyo. He doesn’t need to know.”

   “Whatever you say. The guy will find out sooner or later. Once your sickness gets worse, he’ll see right through you.”

   “Oppa, for now, let it be. I’ll be better by the time he’ll find out. So don’t worry about a thing.”

   "I don't know. I mean, the timing is perfect too. He came back right on time."

   …


   The house was quiet when everyone was sleeping. Yuri couldn’t seem to doze off for the second night in a row. Just yesterday, her thoughts were wandering over Minho. Today, her reflection only consisted of Nichkhun. The way he moved closer towards her replayed in her head a thousand times. His soft touch could still be felt on the left arm. A smile crept on her lip when thinking about this.

   Yuri suddenly heard a creak outside her door. Someone was standing there, pacing on the wooden floor. She sat up and watched a shadow move through the crack. The doorknob slowly turned. When the door was opened, a body flew towards her.

   "You again?" she whispered her scream.