The Last Time

My Thai Prince

Watch trailer here:

The odd girl tipped Yuri's cup, making the liquid spill all over her laptop. Her eyes grew in surprise, not expecting this visit. She lifted her head and found Yoona glaring at her furiously.

    “What did you do to Nichkhun oppa? Why is he ignoring me all of a sudden?” Yuri didn’t utter a word. Instead, her eyes looked worriedly at her broken laptop and her lost file. “I’m talking to you!”

   “Yah!” she said in an angry yet calm tone. “What are you doing? I didn’t do anything to him. So what was your reason for destroying my laptop?”

   Anger was boiling inside her as she remembered how much Taecyeon had worked in order for her to have a laptop. She lifted her hand, ready to punch Yoona insanely, but her conscience somehow restrained her muscles.

   “Do you even have the guts to hit me?” challenged Yoona.

   “If it weren’t for Khun oppa, I would’ve done it a long time ago.” Yoona sarcastically smiled harshly at the victim. At the same time, Nichkhun crept up from behind and stood in between the two bickering girls.

   “What’s going on here?” asked Nichkhun, finally realizing that it was his girlfriend all along. Yuri’s heart softened when seeing Nichkhun on front of her.

   No matter how annoying Yoona was getting, she refused to let Khun down. She already disappointed him enough when insulting Yoona heartlessly the other day.

   Yoona was about to answer until Yuri decided to take the lead. Guilt took over.

   “It was my fault. I angered her, so she broke my laptop. It's exactly what I deserved.” Yoona stood in complete awe. Why was Yuri defending her? Strange…

   Nichkhun, who saw everything, could spot a glimpse of lies in her eyes. He knew that she was trying to please him. Before he could even utter a word, she was already leaving. Ignoring Yoona, he ran after his friend and grabbed her left arm.

   Surprised, Yuri scambled and gathered herself together.

   Their eyes met in awkwardness.

   “You’re lying. You weren’t the one who started it,” he said sounding convinced. She looked down, confirming his statement. He continued… “Listen, I…”

   “I lied because I knew that you would side up with her anyway.”

   “Oh,” he simply replied. “Hey about the other day… I didn’t get to tell you about how I felt towards you. So…” She interrupted again.

   “Like I said, I already know your answer, so you don’t need to give it to me.” He couldn’t find the courage to say anymore. “It was foolish of me to think that I stood a chance. Plus it would be dumb to impose you into liking me. Besides, Yoona IS your world. I can’t just tear it down as I please.” She bowed. “Thank you for being my friend all these years no matter how burdensome I must’ve been towards you. I guess that it would be for the best if we just pretended that we were never friends to begin with… Anyways, I’m leaving. Good luck!"

   She smiled innocently and turned around with a tear dropping down her face. He watched her stroll down the hallway into the school for the last time. “Yuri-ah, that wasn’t my answer,” he whispered sadly. His words couldn't be heard. She was already far away.

   Yoona crept up behind him and laid her hand on his shoulder. Nichkhun took a glimpse behind his shoulder, dissatisfied of her comfort. 

   “Yoona-ssi, let go,” he simply uttered looking completely upset.

   “Bwoh!? Wae? I'm just trying to help."

   “I mean that it’s over. We’re done. Let’s break up.”

   “This is why you've been ignoring me? I thought that you loved me. Aniya! You love me, Khun!”

   “No I don’t! You know, Yuri made me realize something important: I was building my world around you when there were others out there who love me more.” Yoona looked petrified.

   “Are you saying that there is someone else?” He didn’t give an answer  and looked away to avoid the point. “Is it Yuri-ssi?”

   “In the end, all that matters is that we stop this. Mianhe Yoona-ssi.” Nichkhun backed up and dragged his feet away from that place. Yoona stayed behind. Her distress was so great that she couldn’t even let out a tear.


   Later on that week, Khun was all set to take off. He was already in the airport, ready to leave. Lots of people were present to give their last goodbye's. Most of them were people he barely even got the chance to know properly. Yoona came for her last words as well, despite their break-up. There was a lot of awkwardness between them. They stood on front of each other, and bowed. Not even a smile was shown on neither of their faces. Nichkhun turned towards Taec in order to avoid anymore discomfort. Perhaps not looking at Yoona would make him feel better.

   However, noticing how Yuri wasn’t there made him cheerless.

   This frustrated Khun greatly.

   “I don’t think she’ll be here dude. You know how mad she is towards you,” said Taec a little bit disappointed himself for not helping the situation.

   “I know. Well, I guess I’ll be headed off. Tell her that I said bye.”

   He nodded, giving him a look of encouragement. “Take care man! Come visit whenever you have the chance. Don’t leave Yuri mad this way.”

   Nichkhun smiled and slowly walked towards the stairs. He took one last glance behind him to see if Yuri would magically appear. Nothing… No sign of her. He wondered if they would ever meet again at this point. He sighed with a miserable tone and made his way to the gate.

   Yoona sobbed seeing him leave. TaecYeon pushed her lightly with his waist and grinned mischievously.

   “Don’t be down. There are plenty of other guys out there, you know.”

   “Yeah. But there is only one Nichkhun.” He observed her carefully. She was very pretty, even with those tears covering her face. His hands were tempted to wrap themselves around the crying girl. He always had a thing or two for Yoona. The only thing he was missing was the courage to make a move.

   “Yes, there is only one Nichkhun. But there are so many other types of people to discover. It’s all up to you. You’ll decide whether you want to find them or not,” he said backing away. She gazed at him and managed to smile a bit.


    Watching the plane take off, a tear fell down her check. Yuri was outside the airport and didn’t find the courage to go inside.

   “Annyeong, Khun oppa,” she whispered gently for the very last time. Taecyeon snuck up behind her and patted her shoulder.

   “You should’ve came in Yuri-ah. He seemed disappointed when you weren’t there to say goodbye.”

   “It was best that I didn’t. It would’ve been awkward,” she mumbled. Taec sighed helplessly and responded.

   “Okay then, whatever you say. It’s your call.” His fingers played through her soft hair like an older brother would do. Yuri glared at him playfully, trying to put a strong face on. In reality, a sick feeling went through her stomach. It felt bitter and irritating to know that she let him go.

One thing for sure, she didn’t regret confessing her feelings.