Uncertain Fate

My Thai Prince

   Her heart ached. This was all she could think of doing right now. Their love, no matter how you looked at it, was forbidden from top to bottom. Yuri pushed her hair back with her left hand and tried keeping a soft expression.  

    Nichkhun knew deep down that this had something to do with Victoria. He did feel a sense of guilt. How could he not? His wife had left him. Things weren’t going very well and his spirits dropped down to its minimum. Yuri’s words paralyzed him, as if this weren’t already the case. It made him angry, thinking that all they went through was worth only this in the end. Because of his overwhelming frustration and the current circumstances, Nichkhun followed along.

   “I don’t love you either. I got over you a long time ago,” he responded with slight dissatisfaction. Yuri was upset. She didn’t expect Khun to fight back so harshly. After all, it was painful enough to lie; he just had to aggravate it. Yuri fought the bitterness and gathered up all her courage.

   “That’s cool,” threw out Yuri with her gaze floating in the air, shunning his intimidating stare.

Nichkhun frowned, worn-out by this game. However, he understood her reasoning. None of his feelings could spring up until everything was over. Victoria was the main concern for both of them.

 


 

   Nichkhun pressed his hand on his upper leg to see if he could feel anything. No matter how much he wanted it to work, nothing came through. His legs were hopeless. He wanted to believe with all his might that the doctors were lying, that he was going to be okay, but God knew that it wouldn’t be allowed.

   With the help of his strong arms, he lifted the weight of his body in attempt to stand up. Without progress, he fell back on his seat with sore hands. He rubbed them together to sooth the pain.

   “Are you trying to make me feel even guiltier?” shouted Victoria from behind the doorframe. She stood there, with an inert expression. Somehow, it was sad to see such melancholy. Nichkhun backed up the wheels and faced his near to be ex-wife. He smiled with warmth at her hesitant entrance.

   “Don’t say things like that,” he expressed with concern. Victoria stopped a few meters away. She felt uncomfortable around him now. Even being near him was awkward and undesired. “So… Do you really want to divorce?” he asked seemingly serious, as if it wasn’t already established that it were eventually going to happen.

   “Silly… Of course we have to divorce now,” she laughed in interior agony.

   “I was just making sure. After all, we’ll be announcing it to the world in about a minute or so.” It was only then that she realized that it was actually happening. They were getting ready for the press conference that would determine it all. The two hung around the back and waited for the signal to make their way to the spotlight. A man popped through the curtains signaling an extra two seconds before throwing themselves in a land of torture.

   “Well…” began Victoria while biting her lips. “I guess that this is the end.” The atmosphere was still silent. Nichkhun felt bitter within him.

   “Victoria-sshi.” He felt an obsessive need to make her feel better about the situation. “Komawo.”

   “No problem. It’s really good for both you and Yuri to be together and…”

   “No. I mean… Thank you for being my wife. Thanks for enduring me even if I hurt you.” His voice was strong, yet soft and tender. Victoria took a last breath and gathered up all the strength she possessed.

   “My pleasure your highness.” It felt somewhat odd being called such way by someone who he normally viewed as wife. However, the brightness that lit up her eyes made him feel slightly better. Nichkhun stood a tad closer and stared at her like he normally did, before things felt unnatural.

   He trickled through her hair and caressed her cheek to finally lay a soft kiss on it. Victoria knew this would be the last, but she savored it like it were the very first. She beamed innocently and grasped his hand.

   “Thank you for giving me a last part of you… before offering the rest to Yuri.” Nichkhun smiled lovingly and gave her a tap on the back. The prince drew away as they went back to their friendly affection.

   In that moment, a man peeked through the curtains and gave them a head sign, telling them that the press was ready to receive them. Nichkhun and Victoria stole a glimpse at each other before rolling past the separation from the back into the conference room. At their royal entry, cameras flashed blinding artificial daylight, making them cover their eyes with their arms.

   The guest speakers sat at the appointed place with simulated smiles. Nichkhun could spot Yuri glaring at him behind the multitude of reporters pointing their microphones as close as possible. She seemed lost in her thoughts. Being the prince, Nichkhun began the interview.

   “Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Thank you all for being present tonight. Victoria and I will be taking your questions within the next few minutes. Please begin.” One voice yelled across the room to make her question be heard.

   “Nichkhun-sshi, do you really agree with this divorce? Or are you just doing it for the best?” The prince expected questions like this one.

   “I honestly didn’t agree with the separation at first. I wanted to work things out, but Victoria made the decision and I understand her altogether.” He prepared for this responds. It was easy and predictable. However, the next one was a bit more difficult.

   “Rumors say that your highness was cheating on his wife with Kwon Yuri. Will you be leaning towards her after the divorce? Are you concerned about what the people say?” This query was one he couldn’t answer unless he was ready to throw himself in a cave forever. What was there safe to answer? Absolutely nothing. Luckily, Victoria came to his defense.

   “Whatever Nichkhun chooses is his decision. Even if he’s prince, he’s allowed to make his personal choices. He’s human being. If he chooses to be with Yuri, I support him. All of you should as well.” Yuri’s heart pounded through her chest. She watched the show in fright and felt resentful. None of the reporters noticed that she was there yet and she would prefer if it stayed that way.

   She shut her eyes, and prayed that this was all an illusion.

   “All I have to say is this…” continued Victoria confidently. “Yuri deserves to be treated the way I was these past years as I assisted Nichkhun. Don’t condemn her because she’s a wonderful person that none of you know enough to judge.” Yuri smiled so strongly that Victoria felt it from the front of the room. She spared a few seconds to acknowledge her warmth. Yuri gave a wink, showing an imaginary sign that Victoria could read from her expression a ‘Thank you’, a sincere ‘Thank you’.  

 


 

   The torrid interview was officially over. Peace reigned… for now. Nichkhun sat on front of his dressing room mirror, all by himself. He gave his hair dressers and his clothing designers a break for the rest of the evening. Getting enough attention from those cameras and audio recorders, he didn’t want to be given any more.

   Victoria left minutes after the interview ended. She wanted to get out of Korea as soon as possible, away from all the commotion and chaos. Nichkhun understood and held her down no longer. He stared at himself in the mirror, reflecting on various thoughts that came to mind. Stuck in a deep contemplation, Nichkhun found Yuri gazing at his reflection on the mirror. The prince turned around to smile.

   “Yuri-ah.” She came closer and knelt beside his wheelchair. Her hands leaned on the side of the bar as the other held her long hair out of her face.

   “You chocked out there,” she simply blurted out playfully yet keeping a serious tone in her voice. “Victoria saved your .” Nichkhun gave out one of his charming phases and grinned at her comment.

   “Shut up!” Yuri laughed at his slight annoyance. She wasn’t at her best mood today due to the circumstances. Everything felt like it was weighing down on her back. Nichkhun resented the uneasy atmosphere within the emptiness of their conversation.  But there was something he needed to say. Something he needed to let out before having to part. “Yuri-ah, can I ask you something?” he put out.

   “What is it?” she wondered while lifting her guard. Nichkhun felt his saliva run down his throat. His was thick and hot.

   “I wanted you to come with me to Thailand,” he shouted vigorously. “Come live with us at the mansion.” Yuri frowned. Her friend was, once again, acting unreasonable. She didn’t even bother answering. Instead, there was an awkward void that Yuri tried patching by looking elsewhere. She stood up and avoided his request firmly. Nichkhun knew that she was doing it on purpose.

   To keep her near, the prince attempted to dangerously stand up even with his incapability. Yuri turned around and found him standing in an unusual position that was obviously not fit for his condition. She quickly placed her arms around his waist and supported the weight. However, as smart as he was, Nichkhun found the opportunity to fall over on top of Yuri’s body. They both fell on the floor, Yuri’s back uncomfortably laying on the hard floor and Nichkhun’s body placed on top. Finding her best friend in this abnormal setting with her, she tried pushing him off her with all her might, but Nichkhun resisted, tightening the force in his arms.

   Yuri was trapped.

   “What are you doing? Let go!” she yelled with anger.

   “No way!” The stubborn prince locked her even more firmly within his arms. Yuri knew that there was no point arguing with this man. He was obstinate and immovable. “Listen to me!” he ordered with quite the tenderness.

   “Khun oppa, if someone see’s us, rumors will spread. Things will get worse.”

   “I don’t care.” Nichkhun began to sound serious and determined. It almost appeared dangerous. “Yuri, I just want you to…”

   “But you said that you didn’t love me anymore! Remember?” reminded Yuri over his words. Nichkhun his dry lips and came even closer.

   “I lied! Can’t you see? But I can’t lie to myself anymore. It’s because I want you Yuri. I need you so badly that I don’t care what others think anymore. Even if I told myself that I loved Victoria, I was only making myself believe that I couldn’t have you anymore. But in the end, I’m sick of living without you.” Yuri didn’t want to hear anymore. She didn’t want to feel burdened by all this.

   Trying to pull away, she wanted to escape out of this person who caused so much pain to her and her brother. Despite her efforts, Nichkhun didn’t let go no matter what, even without the extra help from his leg muscles. Instead, he wrapped her around his arms, even tighter than before.

   “I don’t want to loose you again.” These words made Yuri stop twitching and whirling to escape. She froze. “I lost you twice in one lifetime. That’s already too much for me to bear. I don’t want to loose you a third time.”

   Yuri gave up. His words defeated her.

   “But oppa, I’m scared that people will think that you’re a player, an adulterer. Don’t you think that if they see us together after the divorce, a lot of people would hate you? I know that I’ll be fine. I don’t care what they think of me. I’m just thinking about you oppa.” Nichkhun nodded in despair.

   “I couldn’t care less. I just want you. That’s all. I don’t care if it takes 10 years for my parents to accept you. I could even wait until we’re 50 years old to get married if I had to. I would wait forever just to be with you. Just don’t force me to leave you again Yuri. I beg you.” His warm breath blew on the tip of her nose. He was so close to her face, it was incredible. Yuri forced herself not to cry. She refused to. But Nichkhun’s words were the most beautiful she’d ever heard throughout her entire life.

   “Khun oppa, I hate you! I hate you,” expressed Yuri with sarcasm. “Why aren’t you letting me stop loving you even if I hide in the deepest hole in the world? Why do you still find me?” Nichkhun smiled and pushed her hair out of the way, so he could see her flawless face. He dove right into her, tasting her lips thoroughly. Before going any further, he answered back:

   “I hate you more. That’s why I won’t let you go without getting a piece of you,” he fought before going back into their moment. Their lips rubbed tenderly against each other. This time, it was free, without any intervention.

   After a moment, Nichkhun brought a pause to their kiss. He pulled away from Yuri for a second and opened his big, brown and attractive eyes.

   “What?” asked Yuri.

   “Nothing… I’m just curious.” Yuri knew that he had a pending question that he wanted to spit out immediately.  

   “Go for it.”

   “Aren’t you glad that you finally have me? I mean, not everyone could get such a privilege. You know?” Yuri nodded and laughed at his slightly arrogant statement. It was a typical ‘Nichkhun question’.

   “You were always mine. You were mine before, now and forever. You will always be MY Thai Prince, Nichkhun Horvejkul.”

   It felt good. Life felt good again. Even if their future was uncertain, Yuri and Nichkhun clearly knew that if they went through all that garbage, and still ended up with one another today, evidently, God would make things work out. After all, they were meant to be.  

 

There you have it. It's over.:( I'm ready to cry.

I hoped that you enjoed that. I'm very sorry for my limited writing skills. Since I study in French, my English comes out of practice. Hope you all understood anyways and have a nice day! Don't miss out on my second fanfic, click here!!!: Dying to See You. I'll update that more often since this is over.

Thank you to all the subscribers and readers. I also really appreciated all the comments. Saranghae!!!<3