Meant to Be All Along

My Thai Prince

   Yoona and Taecyeon continued to walk around the hospital, hand in hand. Many who past whispered and giggled behind their backs. Yoona felt a bit weird getting this much attention from her coworkers.

   “Why is everyone looking at us?” asked Yoona in a low voice. Taec smirked proudly and pulled her behind him.

   “That’s because we look really good together.” She gave him a strong and odd glare. Without paying attention to his companion’s focus, he pulled towards the left unexpectedly. Yoona was out of breath from constantly turning in all directions.

   “What on earth do you think your doing? You’re so hard to walk with,” she protested. Taecyeon totally ignored her and bended down to pat a little boy’s head. Yoona beamed when seeing him do such an unusual thing. “Since when were you good with kids?” she asked curiously.

   “I don’t know. I just love them. I guess it’s because I grew up raising a little sister all my life.” Yoona stared at him for a while. She couldn’t believe how good of a heart this man possessed. He caught her in the middle of a gaze and attempted to snap her out of it. But he couldn’t take his eyes off her either.

   “AH! It looks like my brother has grown up,” yelled Yuri from behind, with Nichkhun giggling on his wheelchair. Both sprung apart and remained completely baffled. “Yah! Don’t try to fool me. I saw both of you holding hands just now.”

   “That doesn’t mean anything!” defended Yoona relentlessly.

   “I know my brother. He’s not the type to be all romantic with someone he doesn’t like.” Their cheeks turned a hot red. “Oh! Khun oppa, look, their gleaming in red right now,” she added jokingly.

   “That’s probably because we might have said something truthful,” he went furthur. Yuri and Nichkhun laughed together and retreated after seeing them look away shyly.

   “Okay! We’ll stop.” They still didn’t move but Yuri continued anyways. “You didn’t happen to see Victoria unni anywhere, did you?” Both nodded while getting a glimpse of each other. Yuri sighed but smiled again. “Oh well… Thank you anyways… You’re blushing again by the way,” she pointed out. Taecyeon gave her a deathly stare as she ran off with Nichkhun to flee. The friends hadn’t had this much fun in ages. Making fun of TaecYeon and Yoona was amusing.

   A little further away down the hall, away from the two, Yuri slowed down considerably. They remained in silence as they strolled leisurely. Then Yuri realized something insignificant, but it made her smile. A few years back, Nichkhun was the one dragging her around while she sat passively on her chair. However, the thought that she would have to be doing this for the rest of her life was scary.

   Yuri tried not to think about such things and proceeded in the search of Victoria. Passing through in the opposite direction was a young nurse. She bowed solemnly at Nichkhun, as if Yuri didn’t exist at all.

   “She’s flirting with a married man,” thought Yuri jealously, but he didn’t seem to care and winked charmingly back at this unknown nurse. Yuri watched, annoyed as the nurse went back to her duties. “What on earth was that? You have a wife, you know? You shouldn’t be flirting with a bunch of people you don’t even know,” she complained.

   “First of all, she was the one who flirted with me. Second, Victoria won’t know because she isn’t here. And third and most importantly, YOU kissed me when I was a married man as well. Isn’t that a lot worse?”

   “Yah!” she shouted while hitting his shoulder. “I don’t care if your paralyzed or not, but don’t you dare repeat that ever again. I’m warning you, I’ll break the rest of your collar bone if I hear about that misunderstanding one more time,” she advised partly serious.

   “Ok, ok… I’m just pointing it out. But isn’t it true? You did kiss me.” Yuri coughed and answered.

   “Let me get this straight, I’m your best friend. So I can kiss you a thousand times and it wouldn’t mean a thing. Now forget about that time and act like that never happen, araso?” Nichkhun nodded. Yuri already desperately tried to forget her mistake, but Nichkhun just had to bring it up. She retreated and continued to search for Victoria agitatedly.

   She was still worried about her, especially after that ridiculous interview that they all had to bear with. Yuri felt guilty for making Victoria go through so much pain because of her stubbornness.

   “I’m already angry at myself for cheating on her. She must be hurting terribly because of me. Every time I think about that kiss, it aggravates my guilt,” proceeded Yuri, a bit mad at herself. Nichkhun looked back to find her gazing unhappily.

   “Yuri-ah, I didn’t mean to bring it up to make you feel bad. Mianhe.” Just when he finished his sentence, Yuri stopped moving forward. Nichkhun wondered what made her halt so suddenly as he momentary looked on front of him. It was Victoria, sitting on a waiting chair, covered in tears of sadness and grief. Her make-up smudged on bottom of her eyes and her clothes were socking wet.

   Yuri bent down and whispered in Khun’s ear. “Stay here. I’ll go talk to her,” she said leaving him in the middle of the hallway. Yuri called Victoria’s name sweetly. Her head lifted to see who it was. To Yuri’s surprise, she found herself stuck in between Victoria’s weak arms. Her face dove into Yuri’s shirt. “Victoria unni, don’t cry. Please.”

   “Aniyo Yuri-ah. I don’t even deserve to live anymore. I’ve committed a huge sin against you.” Even if Yuri was aware of it, she was still surprised for some reason.

   “Victoria unni, we all make mistakes. It’s okay.”

   “Yuri-ah, you don’t understand. I’m a monster; I tried to kill you twice.”

   “Twice?” she asked baffled. In her memory, it was only once.

   “Ye, I’m the one who hit you with the shovel. I’m the one who threw the pot. Now everything is a mess because of me. I destroyed my own husband and I acted so carelessly towards you. I’m horrible. Now, the whole world will know about my misdeeds!” Yuri put an arm around her and tapped her on the back.

   “Victoria-sshi, no matter how many times you say sorry, I’ve already forgiven you. So stop it now.” Yuri lifted Victoria’s head and wiped all the tears covering her face. She was so pretty, it almost made Yuri jealous.

   “Yuri-sshi,” she began with Yuri waiting attentively for her statement. “I’m sorry for taking Nichkhun away from you.” Nichkhun, sitting a few meters away, could hear everything. Victoria’s last statement made him shed a tear. “Now I know why Nichkhun loves you so much.”

 


 

   Yuri pointed the spoon towards Nichkhun's mouth. He opened and swallowed the rice she had given him. Hospital food wasn’t the best, but the fact that Yuri was feeding him made it taste scrumptious. Victoria came in, dressed up all formally. She had probably come back from a meeting with the foundation committee to clear up a few misunderstandings about Nichkhun. She saw, at first glance, the two best friends sitting so close to each other. This made her think about it. They were really meant to be. She felt like an intruder, breaking them apart. Yuri smirked brightly at her entrance.

   “Victoria unni, you’re back! Come here. You should be the one feeding this guy.” Still feeling a bit accountable, she came anyway. Yuri moved aside to let her sit. Right on the chair Yuri sat on, there was a newspaper with Victoria’s picture on the front page. Before she could read the title completely, Yuri snatched it away from her sight. “Take a seat. Don’t mind this.”

   Yuri grinned again and pointed at the chair. She obeyed and got ready to feed her husband. Nichkhun gave a harsh stare. He didn’t seem to like her presence very much. Victoria hesitated before giving anything. She felt the anger in him and being affectionate wasn’t appropriate.

   “I lost my appetite,” he said with irritation.

   “What are you saying? You just said that you were starving,” put out Yuri. Nichkhun gazed away from Victoria’s direction. Yuri didn’t like this and took over. “Yah! Nichkhun oppa, you said that if she apologized to me, you would forgive her.”

   “I have forgiven her. I’m just not in the mood to look at her right now. It pains me,” he affirmed. Victoria was ashamed. She knew that she didn’t belong there.”

   “Nichkhun oppa! Can’t you see that she’s trying?” yelled Yuri over his voice. Suddenly, someone busted through the door. Everyone glanced in that direction. It was Nichkhun’s parents. Yuri bowed as her eyes grew, trying not to make their fighting so obvious. She invited them inside as Victoria remained silent.

   She was angry at herself for everything. Nichkhun would never speak to her in the same way anymore. His parents probably thought she was a failure of a princess, especially after what she did.

   The queen quickly made her way to the bed in order to embrace her son. The king stood beside her and patted Nichkhun’s head. They tried to keep away from a dramatic scene and avoided Victoria’s presence. She got up, not being able to take it anymore. She had to say something in the mist of this awkwardness.

   “Mr. and Mrs. Horvejkul, I have something to say.” Their looks were intimidating. She cleared .

 

Hey everyone! Here's an update. I'm starting school next week and I'm trying to finish this up. I posted my next story: Dying to See You I'll start writing as soon as possible. Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! Oh and i'm really sorry for the mistake. i fixed it ;D I really meant Nichkhun... So sorry