The Monster

My Thai Prince

   The bathroom was clear. Yoona trailed across the hall to take a shower. She felt sticky all over. As her hand got a hold of the doorknob, someone else’s did the same. Yoona lifted her head to find TaecYeon glaring at her mockingly.

   “Not again,” he said sarcastically but humorously. He cleared the way and pointed at the door. “You go first.”

   “Aniyo, you live here, you should go before me,” she insisted.

   “I don’t want to.” They stood in awkwardness for a few seconds. “…Unless you want to go in together.”

   “Yah! What are you saying?”

   “I’m just messing with you, Yoona. Don’t take it personally.” Yoona grinned in frustration.

   “TaecYeon oppa, I really don’t understand you sometimes. First you act like I’m some sort of toy that means absolutely nothing to you, and then you treat me… differently. It’s totally baffling! How am I supposed to feel in that case?” He remained confused at these words.

   “Wait… Are you saying that you have feelings for me?” he tried to clarify with a partial smile. She hit herself interiorly and out of shame for confessing accidentally. The worse part was that her feelings were still unsure. It’s not as if she knew precisely what she resented. spoke on its own.

   “Well… No but…”

   “Well I like you Yoona-sshi… A little. I know that you feel the same.” He was baiting her, and it was working like wonders. Whether what he said was true or not, TaecYeon lead her to believe that he confirmed half his feelings. Deep down, her joy was overflowing. “If you truly don’t like me in that way, then go first,” he proclaimed while pushing her inside. She stopped on front of the open door and turned around. Taec, who viewed all of this as a joke up until now, was a bit surprised at her abrupt stop. She started:

   “Okay, I admit, I think that I like you… A bit.” Taec’s scornful smirk disappeared within seconds as he stared at her in bewilderment. Her confession was so sudden and unexpected that it hit him like lightning. Yoona got out and pushed him in the bathroom instead. “In that case, you go first since you know that I like you and all,” she ordered before slamming the door. With TaecYeon inside, Yoona hit her head. She did something so… unlike her.

   Taec couldn’t move. He processed all the information he had received within seconds. Then, it hit him.

   “Yoona likes me?”

 


   The quilt was half done and Yuri thought it was fairly pretty so far. She continued to sow pieces of cloth together, making a big and original bluish pattern. Her adoptive mother showed her everything there was to know about quilting. Now, it came naturally. She folded her sore fingers from hours of cutting and pasteing. Her arms and legs layed out to sooth the pressured muscles.

   “Ah!! This is taking way too much time,” she spoke to herself. Nichkhun walked into the room in a fairly good mood. Her head lifted at his entrance. “Remember Yuri-ah, you don’t love him.” Those were her final thoughts. “Oh! Oppa. What’s up?”

   “Nothing much. What are you doing?”

   “Well I kind of felt sorry for you and Victoria on the sofa bed. It gets chilly at night, especially in a winter like this. So, I decided to make you guys a quilt.”

   “You didn’t have to. We’re perfectly comfortable with what you gave us.”

   “Perhaps so. I just felt like making something for you guys. That’s all. It’s shameful towards both of you, since you always sleep with nice thick sheets back in Thailand.”

   “Whatever you say, just don’t work too hard for us. If you get tired, don’t force yourself, especially with that burnt spot,” he warned with his elbows leaning on the edge of the table. “So how far did you get up to?” Yuri lifted the blue, white and brown patches of fabric that she put together. He grinned.

   “I’m almost done.”

   “Quit lying. I heard you say that you still had a long way to go. Give me the other side. I’ll help.” He tugged on the other end and grabbed a piece of blue cloth to put together. Yuri felt nervous as he was sitting right beside her. She sighed and continued to poke the needle through the white patch. “So, did you miss me?”

   Yuri glared at his overwhelming pride. “What is there to miss?”

    “I’m sure that you were dying to see me.”

   “Of course, I would definitely jump off a cliff to see a cocky doofus stand before me.” Nichkhun pushed her quite hard as Yuri almost fell off the chair. “Yah! Is that how they showed you how to treat women?”

   “You aren’t a woman. You’re my sister.” Yuri pushed him back playfully. The needle he held poked through his skin. Nichkhun shouted painfully while Yuri retreated in concern.

   “Are you okay? I’m so sorry…” She grabbed his bleeding hand and the blood that squirted out from the tip. “Mianhe. I didn’t mean for you to get hurt like that.”

   “Gwenchana yo,” he assured. Yuri could feel his breath blowing on her face. It was so warm and soft that it turned into an obsession. As he continued to wipe off the extra blood, she pushed his head towards her direction. Yuri’s lips rubbed on his. It came naturally. She didn’t plan on kissing him at all, but it felt so refreshing. Nichkhun forgot where he was. He even forgot who he was. Right now, their kiss felt like they were still together, like they were younger. The kiss was innocent but full of emotion.

   Something struck Yuri on the spot. Nichkhun was married. “Wait then, what am I doing?” She jerked away hastily and covered with her right hand. This was super WRONG! “What on earth am I thinking? Mian…” She was still in shock of her actions. Her cheeks turned a hot red, embarrassed by her faulty move. Nichkhun didn’t really know how to react. He didn’t know if he had to be mad, or somewhat satisfied.

   “Yuri-ah, I know that you didn’t do it on purpose…”

   “Aniyo! ANIYO! It was my fault. I did it because I still love you Khun oppa.” Yuri couldn’t hold it in anymore. If she didn’t say anything now, she would never get over him. “No matter how many times I tell myself that it’s wrong, I end up turning in circles. Even if I try to convince myself that you’re my brother or my best friend, I can only see you as more than that! I tried about a billion times to replace you with other guys, and none of them even came close to what I felt for you. All my life, I only loved you and no matter what I do, I can’t change it. I would do anything to forget you for the sake of Victoria, and after what I did today, she definitely deserves you more than I do.” She wiped the tear draining down her cheek.

   “Yuri-ah, I do…”

   “Don’t say it. Don’t say that you love me just because I do. It would be sinning against Victoria. I already did something unforgivable towards her.” Khun tried to get closer to her but she backed away. “You loved Victoria. I know you did. You were doing exactly what I wanted you to do until I ruined it again. I’m really embarrassed of myself. All I want to do now is disappear from the face of this earth and leave you all at peace.”

   “Don’t say that!”

   “But it’s true! Nichkhun, I want the old Yuri: the strong, the kindhearted, the sweet and the warm Yuri. I’ve become so cold and so selfish. It’s shameful.” Nichkhun gazed tenderly and compassionately at her. “The only way I feel that I can become the Yuri I used to be is if I stay away from you. If I can’t even bear being your sister or your friend without falling head over heals, then I don’t deserve to be anything. Let’s forget everything. Erase the moments we had at the hospital. Forget the times we spent in high school. Don’t even try to remember the instant when Taec introduced you to me. Forget it all! Do this for Victoria and for me.” Yuri backed away, desperate to get away from him as soon as possible. “Let’s only know each other through Taec oppa. Nothing more…”

   She disappeared behind the exit. Nichkhun couldn’t seem to show any emotion. He couldn’t cry, nor could he be happy. What could he do now? The person he spent half of his life with shoved him away. How could he forget half of his life? Their times together were too precious and valuable.

   Victoria stood behind the wall. She heard absolutely everything and saw each move they made. The anger within her became even greater. It was more than just hatred. Those three years of making Nichkhun fall in love with her required great effort, and everything was tumbling down because of the person she spared. “If I saved her life, I could easily take it away,” she mumbled.

 


   Yuri took a deep gulp of fresh air when sitting in the garden of her apartment building. The garden was pretty, even in the winter with snow covering all the plants and flowers. She needed time to reflect on herself. Everything about her was wrong now. Fixing herself would be the only solution to get over Nichkhun.

   While Yuri sat alone, Victoria watched her rival from behind. Although normally, she appreciated Yuri, now, she couldn’t stand her anymore. Victoria carried a medium sized shovel, holding it like a baseball bat. “Yuri-ah, you’re the one who turned me into a monster.”

 

 

I'm so thankful that I had time to update often this week. I have another week off, so who knows how much time I'll have to write. I hope that you liked the story thus far. I'm actually not excited to end this because I'll miss writing it a lot. I have finally decided to write another Khunri fanfic after this one. I'll probably keep the Milky Couple project for some other time. I can't help myself. Khunri is just too... perfect. There's so much to write about them. Anyways... Keep reading. Next update will probably come after the New Year. I wish everyone a wonderful 2012. May God bless you through everything you do. Saranghae!

maeanneda123