Chapter 7

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay taps the pen against the thin tan colored paper. Every taps leaving a tiny ink print. He sighs sharply while Jae Rim wait patiently for Lay to give him orders. Instead Lay tosses the pen across the room when he heard it creaks. Taehee pop her head in and made eye contact. "Jae Rim, shut the door and lock it." Jae Rim bows and proceed but Taehee pushes her way in. 

"Oppa, I brought you some food. Eat a little before you work." She lifts a basket full of goodies. Lay smirk a little then stood up. 

"Why don't you eat it yourself?" He slides his hands into his pockets. "You, you were with Tao weren't you?" His voice was cold and Taehee bow a little, not wanting to look him in the eye. 

"O-oppa...."

"Didn't I warn you before? As much as I hate you you're my property. I can't let Tao have it his way with you. Until I'm officially the president of this hotel, don't you dare give him hope. Got it?" Taehee couldn't utter a word, instead she tries to control both anger and sadness. Lay walks over and stands just a few feet away. "Seriously, the sight of you really kills my appetite. Take that basket of garbage and leave before I have Jae Rim drag you out." 

Lay returns to his seat with the clicking of his heels against the hard wood floor, echoing in his office. Jae Rim remain a statue by Lay’s desk while Taehee wipe her tears and made her way out. Once the door was shut Jae Rim speaks softly, 

"Aren't you being too cold to her?" 

"She'll live. Aish seriously, it's a burden to have a girl clings onto you."

"Still, using her as a way to get to your brother--" Lay slams the new pen in his hand against the desk. 

"I get it that you're against me bringing harm to Tao, because it's him you're indebted to. But don't forget we're competing. Tao is my brother, as much as I enjoy him defeated, I'm also doing him a favor. Taehee, isn't a good person for Tao. You know that." Jae Rim keep silent. Lay was not wrong, but then again he judges people too quickly. And Taehee was one of them.

Tao knocks on Taehee’s door. When he heard the front door clicks he took a few steps back a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter