Chapter 19

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao and Ga In were sleeping beside a river. Tao woke up to the bright sunlight that has been beating on his sleeping face for a while. Ga In had fallen asleep on his left arm using it as a pillow. Tao couldn't feel his arm and when he tries to pull it out from under her head, by turning his whole body her direction, she move closer to him. Tao froze, he could see Ga In's wide forehead, long eyelashes, and peachy lips. He swallows and tries to endure it, still aiming to pull his arm out. But when he failed to do so and Ga In was going to open her eyes, he shuts his tightly, as well as his mouth. With her forehead near his nose, she could see the bottom of his chin and his neck. She look at him for a while then sat up, looking around, the river really brought back memories of the river where Zitao died by. But this was still Singapore land, she wasn't sure what happened to the others but she wished to return to Korea soon, with Tao. 

When she was about to move away from him, she felt him grab her arm and pull her down. Without opening his eyes he pull her into his arms and cuddle her. Ga In smiles and once again she was flattered. Tao smile softly, still not being able to feel his arm, but he was glad to be back, as Zitao. Although he had Tao and Zitao merged, he couldn't tell the difference, but Ga In could. 

"Zitao is smarter, stronger, and more manly." Ga In muse. Ga In was cooking the fishes she had caught for lunch, while Tao pick woods to keep the fire alive. 

"Then what about me? The Tao now?" Tao asks squatting across from Ga In. She hums before answering. 

"Hmm, more irrational, weaker, and less manly." Tao gasps and Ga In laughs. 

"Aish!" He stood up and tossed the sticks onto the ground, "Seriously, why are you picking on me?!" Ga In cease her laughter, 

"You asked me the difference between Zitao and Tao." she reply honestly, Tao pouts and squat again, watching Ga In turn the fishes with a stick. 

"It's been 120 years since my death right?" 

"Yeah...." Ga In answers slowly not wanting to recall those times without him. 

"Why did I come back so early?" Ga In shot him a death glare and Tao smile, proud of his strong remark. "Then go drink human blood again and I'll kill you again!" She demand, Tao laughs and she in her breath. 

"Sorry, I was just kidding." Tao surrenders quickly. Ga In continue cooking the fish, "But there's something I've been wanting to ask." 

"What is it?" She asks not looking at him. 

"Say you never found me by the river that day.... And my soul was never saved.... How would you be living now?" 

"I'll be married to Kris." She answers abrutly and he lost his cool. 

"KRIS!? SERIOUSLY?! WHY? WHY HIM!? HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE LOOK IN HIS EYES?! HE'S NO JOKE WHEN HE PUSHED ME THROUGH THE WINDOW! HOW CAN YOU PICK HIM?!" Tao stops yelling when Ga In wasn't giving him any attention. "Yah, did you hear me?!" Ga In looks at him and stops in her tracks, then after a while she remove the fishes from the stick. She pick a well cooked piece off the fish and hand it over, 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter