Sequel (4): The Talk

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao kicked his covers off his leaning body out of frustration. He was forced to sleep in the living room alone the night before after a quarrel with Ga In, about trying for a daughter. The result was traumatizing, Tao even wondered if Ga In was still in love with him after all these years. That's one thing he despise about being immortal beings, no matter how many decades passes their appearance remain the same, they could have kids and grandkids that will grow up and looked the same age as them. People could easily mistaken them and pair the family in an manner. 

Tao sat upright and let out a heavy sighed until footsteps were carried down the stair. He spinned his upper body around merciless and saw the figures of his wife and son. To his surprise, they were well dressed so early in the morning. Ga In noticed his glanced and ignored her husband by heading to the door and slipping her tennis shoes on. However, Rap Monster didn't have the heart to follow his mother's behavior and turned to his lonely father. 

"Good morning Dad." 

Tao wore the blankest expression while eyeing the two in silence. "Dad, mom and I'll be back soon so...." As Rap Monster continue explaining his father begin drifting off into a horror daydream. 

Tao could see visions of people complimenting Ga In and Rap Monster for being a godly made from heaven couple, or how the two just stood out together, how they're so perfectly paired, and how did such beauties come across each other in a corrupted world. 

"Dad?" Rap Monster's called interrupted his train of visions. 

"Huh?" Tao asked quickly looking into the confused eyes of his son. Rap Monster scratched the back of his neck slowly. 

"Well, see ya dad." the young latter headed over to his mother by the door, when they were about to exit Tao finally came back to his senses. He hurried off the sofa and chased after the two. 

Down the sidewalk behind the Ga In and Rap Monster, Tao could sense people's sneers, stares, and giggles. Or was he hallucinating? He wasn't sure anymore until he felt someone pulling at his arm. Tao turned around and noticed it wasn't his son or his wife, it was his great grandson, Jimin. The boy smiled brightly at Tao. 

"Uncle Tao! Fancy meeting you here!" Jimin was on a vanilla ice cream.

Jae Rim and Baekhyun had lied to Jimin that Tao was an uncle's of Jimin to kill suspicion. Jimin was naive and believed it in a heartbeat, although Tao haven't aged for over a decade. Tao noticed Ga In and Rap Monster was no longer in sight, shoot I lost them! The younger latter waited for Tao to speak. 

"Uh-oh Jimin-ah-uhhhh~" Tao stuttered as he quickly glanced around for any sign of the two he never wanted to be alone together. 

"U-Uncle Tao what's wrong?" Jimin asked, Tao finally looked Jimin in the eyes, 

"You, boy listen to me." Tao placed both hands on Jimin's shoulder blades, the boy looked from one hand to the other then directly into the dark eyes of his make-believe uncle. 

"Yeh uncle?" 

The fact that the boy seemed happy and was smiling made Tao wanted to avoid what he was about to say, "Are you more like your mother, Taeyeon, or father?" 

Jimin thought for a second with a pout, then a stretched smile grew on his face, "My dad." As if it was a good thing, the boy was proud and happy just by admitting that. 

Tao smiled, "Jimin." 

"Y-yeh uncle....?" Jimin's smile slowly fade when he saw the creepy smile on his uncle's face. 

"Be my son for today okay?" 

"HUH?" Tao covered the boy's mouth cutting him off, Jimin dropped his ice cream due to the sudden jump. Tao leaned over the boy a little, using his height to his advantage. 

"Why are you so loud?! What if someone thought I was harassing you?!" 

Jimin only blinked a few times, thinking to himself, uncle, the way you're covering my mouth look more like you're trying to kidnap me! 

 

Ga In and Rap Monster sat in a five star restaurant and sat at an expensive table. Rap Monster sat next to his mother, leaving two chairs opened across from them. The spacey room had a cherry flavored smell to it. A waitress walked over and handed them a menu, then she bowed and had them take their time. "What do you want to eat?" Ga In asked, Rap Monster looked over the menu and frowned. 

"Hmm, do we have to eat here mom?" Rap Monster asked and Ga In looked up from behind her menu. 

"Why? You don't want to eat here?" 

"No.... Can't we just eat your cooking instead?" Rap Monster smiled a cheeky smile and Ga In chuckled. 

"It's always nice to eat out once in a while, right?" 

"Sure, I can still eat your cooking for another few centuries anyway." 

Ga In smiled, "It won't be my cooking, it'll be your wife's." 

"MOM!" Rap Monster's shouted and covered his mouth, he was red from her sudden tease. "It's not like that, I'll never marry!" Rap Monster scoot over and embraced Ga In, he leaned his head on her arm and she chuckled. 

"Children say that until their special someone comes along." 

"W-what are you two doing?!" Everyone in the room turned their attention to Tao and Jimin by the entrance. Tao stormed over and pulled Ga In by the arm, then he pushed her into the connected seats next to him and he slide in after her. Jimin wasn't sure what to do, but rushed over and sat beside Rap Monster. Ga In's eyes were wide from the sudden intrusion. 

"What are you doing?" Ga In asked in a soft but angry tone, Tao glared at Rap Monster. Finally he snapped out of it when Ga In slapped him on the upperarm, he groan dramatically and hid his face against the table. 

"O-oh uncle!" Jimin shouted with a worried tone. The waitress rushed over not knowing what was going on. 

"E-excuse me, is everything alright?" She asked. Jimin froze and stared her in the face, she's beautiful. Rap Monster bowed and apologize for the whole family, Ga In couldn't help but giving Tao death glare. 

"Are you all ready to order....?" the waitress asked, Ga In regain her composure. 

"Yeah, please give us three bowls of Spicy Stir Fried Octopus, and Jimin would you like to order?" Ga In asked across the table, the boy smiled and nodded. 

"Yeah samgyeopsal and two gimbap please!" The waitress wrote down their orders as listed, 

"Then would that and water be alright?" 

"Yes, thank you." Ga In spoke for them again, Tao's jaw dropped and he turned to Ga In as the waitress leave them. 

"S-spicy?!" 

Ga In ignore Tao and adjust herself as she faces Rap Monster, the younger man couldn't look at Tao. "Yah, Ga In, you know I can't eat spice." Tao said with an angry tone. 

"Why not uncle?" Jimin asked while leaning closer to Rap Monster, in order to fit in. And with that question alone, the whole party grew quiet and waited for their food. Once their food was delivered, Jimin couldn't hide his happiness for food and Rap Monster only look at the happy boy. Such an active kid, if he spends the week at our house that bright behaviour will disappear in a flash. Tao couldn't bring himself to touch the food when just the sight of it was spicy and hot enough. He sipped his glass of water a few times until the waitress approached them again. 

"Is there something wrong with the food sir?" 

Tao looked up and froze, he smile, "Oh no" 

"Oh okay." then she departed. Tao sighed and saw Ga In looking at him, she gestured for him to at least touched his food so it doesn't seem like he's ill somewhere. Tao sighed and looked across to see Jimin happily consuming half his meal already. 

"Hey, can't you eat like a proper person? Why are you eating as if you haven't seen food in a few days? Just like a beggar?" Tao hypocritically asked, Jimin froze and chew his food slowly, processing what Tao had just said. 

"B-but.... It's so good....."

"I thought you said you were like your dad?!"

"I'm telling the truth uncle, why are you bringing that up?" Jimin asked looking from his surprised uncle to Ga In. To his surprise the whole table was quite startled by Tao's sudden outburst. "My dad always laugh and smile whenever my mom cook for him." 

"R-really...? Baekhyun eats like that...?" Tao asked embarrassingly. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter