Chapter 15

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A gumiho?" Tao asks holding onto the slide of his chair. "W-what is a gumiho?" Jae Rim leans back and tips his head upward. 

"Almost like the made-believe creature werewolf, a Gumiho is half fox and half human. Han Ga In, is half fox." Tao was speechless, the word gumiho, why does it hurt? Half fox? That's half animal right? How come I'm not as afraid as I think I should be? The term felt familiar. Too familiar.

"What makes you say that Jae Rim?" Tao asks, Jae Rim was surprise how calm he sounded. Then Jae Rim pulls out a flash drive and slid it across the table to Tao. Tao stops it from falling off the floor with his palm hovering over it against the tabletop.

"Inside that flash drives contains Han Ga In's appearance from about a century ago. Han Ga In claims to be the granddaughter who looks exactly like her mother and grandmother. However, listed in some files were the death of her mother and grandmother at an early age, then Han Ga In keeps appearing as a woman in her twenties after going into hiding for twenty years or so, twice. Her grandmother, mother, and herself could have been mistaken as triplets, but can a human being look the same for one century?" When Jae Rim was convinced that Tao had heard him, he continue, "That flash drive, why don't we have a look together?" Tao grip the tiny object in his hand and pulls it off the table.  

"You only asked me for a favor, to stay away from Han Ga In. But if I refuse to, will you not tell me of Taehee?"

Jae Rim only crack a smile, a smile that for the first time in his life, felt uncomfortable around. Finally Jae Rim spoke again, "Then, do you not believe Han Ga In is a dangerous creature?" Tao exhales with his mouth opening then wander his eyes before looking directly into Jae Rim. He wasn't sure how he was going to answer but spoke fluently,  

"Kim Taehee and Han Ga In, since Hyung has Taehee he's going to take Ga In. Of course I don't believe she's a dangerous creature." He scoffs and got up. "Files and images, I've seen a lot of  it in the movies. These were probably forge from scratch right? If you really wanted to keep us apart shouldn't you contact Boss instead?" Jae Rim calls his name to stop him but he ignore him, "Han Ga In is my person. When everyone was against me, she and Kris were the only two on my side. I cannot turn someone like her to Hyung, I won't be repeating the same mistake I did with Taehee." His cold eyes were meaning for Jae Rim to stop discussing about the topic. Jae Rim scoot back in surrender and sighs before leaving the room. 

Tao drops in his seat. Gumiho. How did Jae Rim and his brother come up w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter