Sequel (6): For Love

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So a lot of you lovely readers has been wondering if Ga In's love for Tao is lost. So for this particular sequel, I'll focus on why Ga In is acting the way she is towards Tao and HOPEFULLY it'll clarify some curiousity rather than build more questions xD 

"AISH!" Tao ruffled his hair violently. Angry and frustrated at the same time at the single thought of parenting two children that aren't his, by blood. Why is it that kids seems to be the only topic that would always go wrong in his book? He sighed and stared toward the top floor, hoping he would catch a glimpse of Ga In being alone. But Ga In never appeared before him that whole afternoon, neither did she come down for lunch, dinner, and supper. 

Ga In was sitting on the bed, thinking and recalling her old memories from centuries ago. Before she met Tao. Before she met Zitao. 

***655 years ago***

Han Ga In was 15 years old when her mother fell ill with her third child. Ga In was a lot stronger than her younger brother, Han Sehun, with the myth that when a Gumiho have their first child, most of their energy goes toward that child. And that was the reason why Ga In's mother fell ill during pregnancy with her third child. 

Ga In was outside playing with Sehun, who was tweleve at the time, and they could hear their mother screaming in pain within the cave. But their father had warned them not to come in no matter what happens and they obeyed at all cost. Sehun was digging the muddy ground with a stick and his face was marked with mud spot on his forehead and both cheeks. Sehun looked up at Ga In who was standing and looking toward the pitched black entrance to the cave. "What are you doing? Father say close all ears and eyes and do not look to home. He will yell at you if you keep looking." Sehun reminded Ga In. 

Because Sehun was a boy Ga In was afraid he was careless. Afterall, luck was on the male Gumiho's side, just like the humans. Where the male is stronger, larger, better, and even respected. Ga In hated the fact that males never loses their powers and energy, in fact, they can only gain more. Women on the other hand loses energy and power through pregnancy and nursing. From the male's perspective, being a Gumiho is like being a god, you're immortal and there's very little you have to worry about. For the women, it was about wanting to avoid becoming human, especially when her partner is another Gumiho. She would want to spend an eternity with him. 

But Sehun wasn't careless. He was just as scare as her, although their is a large gap in losing and gaining, feelings were all the same. Sehun can feel them, he pity the women, but there's nothing he can do. It's not his fault he can't save his mother and stop her from becoming human. The creator had set up Gumihos that way and it's going to remain unchange. 

Back toward the cave, Ga In wanted to run inside and see what was going on, was her mother going into labor, or was she dying? She wanted to know but at the same time she was afraid to know. 

After some time the screaming ceased and nothing but the wind could be heard. However, they were waiting for a cue from their father in hoping they could enter some time soon.

And soon their father stepped into the light holding a baby fox in his arms and a smile on his face. Ga In rushed into the cave and found her mother lying on the large stone which were slowly occupied by growing flowers and veins year by year. Her mother was in the form of a red fox and she was resting, by the look of her wet fur, Ga In knew she must have sweated a lot. Ga In pet her mother's slim back and the fox open her eyes slowly and looked into Ga In's. Ga In smile at her mother gesturing for her to get some rest and assuring her that everything was fine. 

Sehun was holding his new younger brother who was a darker red fox. Sehun laughed cheekily when his baby brother's ears were perking forward and sideways. "Oh! Father his ears are moving!" Sehun pointed to the ears with one finger and giggled some more. His father pet his youngest son's back and then placed a hand on Sehun's head. 

"Do you want to name your younger brother? Han Sehun?" 

Sehun looked up and smiled with excitement, "Really!? I can name my brother? Really father?!" The man nodded and Sehun looke down at the baby fox in his arms, trying to come up with the perfect name. 

"X-Xiumin, call him Xiumin father!" 

"Xiumin? Oh, it is not Korean but I like it. Good job!" His father complimented him and he smiled.

Ten years later. Sehun who was now twenty two was running away from his younger brother, Xiumin, whom was trying to tag his older brother. 

Ga In was back at home in their cave feeding her aging mother. Every two years, her mother seemed to have age a year older. With little energy and power left inside her mother the older woman was slowly becoming human. Ga In fed her mother some soup made from a variety mixture of herbs to keep her mother strong and healthy. 

Sehun stopped when he noticed his father surrounded by a group of poor villagers. Xiumin who didn't manage to stop in time ran into the back of Sehun and fell backwards when his older brother didn't even budge and hold his ground. Xiumin groaned and grabbed ahold of his nose as he stood up and when Sehun finally noticed his arrival he grabbed the young Gumiho by both shoulders and pulled him to the front. They watched from the far distant while people around their father grew angry and begin grabbing weapons. What was going on?

"MONSTER! HE IS GOING TO TAKE THE CHILD!" one women shouted. Another joined, 

"HE IS NOT NORMAL! HE WAS IN THE AIR LIKE A BIRD!" 

"KILL HIM!"

Then many angry villagers joine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter