Sequel (1): 72

Breaking Her Labyrinth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ga In was leaning over Tao, bright smiles carved on their faces. "Welcome back." Ga In whispered, right when Ga In was going in for another peck they heard water running in the bathroom. Ga In stood up straight and Tao sat upright. 

"What the...." Tao said under a whisper. They could see the bathroom door slightly opened, Tao walked over to open the door and to his surprised he found Jae Rim. His Gumiho father was washing off heavy make up and peeling his fake skin. "Ew what are you doing?!" Tao gasped. Jae Rim froze and saw Tao's reflection on the mirror. Then he sighed and turned around. 

"You scared me." 

"What? W-why, w-what are you doing?!" Tao asked in a loud voice, Ga In walked over and stood behind Tao, looking at Jae Rim from behind his shoulders. Jae Rim was done cleaning himself, he looked as good as new after taking off all the aged comestics. He wiped his hands using the white rag hanging on a hanging wooden ring against the wall. He turned around with a slight smile, 

"I'm moving in." 

Tao scoffed, that wasn't what he wanted to hear. His days as a fox was already a torture when he couldn't do anything he wanted to Ga In, and right when he could transform into his human form again, his father was going to move in. He wasn't going to have it. "Then what about Lay hyung?!" 

"He's retiring in three days, he's already 72 years old Tao." Jae Rim reminded him. Tao sighed, of course he had forgotten. He's been stuck in the same house for 50 years and everyday he would see a flawless and ageless Ga In. But at the thought of a 72 years old Lay, he laughed. Ga In and Jae Rim watched him closely. 

"Ha! 72! Lay hyung 72! Haha!" Tao blurted, Ga In smacked him behind the head and he groan, rubbing the spot he turned to Ga In. When he saw that Ga In was unhappy, his laugh died and he pouted. Jae Rim, on the other hand, was picking up where Tao had left off. He started laughing at their sight and received glares from Tao. After a while, Jae Rim said he'll be in town, that it was his day off and he had to submit his death certificate. He wouldn't want people remembering him as Jang's favorite manager. 

Tao and Ga In decided to pay Lay a visit at Jang's Hotel, just to see how things were going. Sadly, Tao was hoping he'll be able to tease the old Lay. Upon their arrival, they were told that that Lay was in a meeting, so Tao and Ga In was eating in the restaurant before heading up. Once they were finished Ga In excused herself to the restroom while Tao waited. After a few minutes Tao was getting worried, he got up and headed out of the restaurant inside the hotel to look for Ga In. He noticed a tall man with a much younger woman. But he was more worried about Ga In so he started their way towards the women's restroom. Right when he was about to passed the couple, the woman slipped and Tao caught her. He had one hand around her waist and the other holding her hand, pointing toward the older man. "Are you okay miss?" he asked, the younger woman, Sohee, didn't answer. Shortly after the man stepped in, pushing Tao away. 

Tao thought the man was awfully familiar, some wealthy and rich man. Then he remembered, Top, the new owner of an entertainment company, TOPiCS Entertainment ("Marriage Getaway" by LovelyBless). Top leered at Tao, "Excuse me, thank you for helping but please don't keep your hands on MY future daughter-in-law." Then he grabbed the young lady to his side. 

"Ah I'm sorry." Tao said, then thought to himself daughter-in-law? Seems like it's something more... Then the calling of Ga In's voice made him lose his train of thought. 

"Tao?" Ga In walked to his side, "You suddenly disappeared." Tao quickly turned to Ga In and apologize, 

"Ga In! Sorry, I saw a girl slipped and I jumped in to help." 

Ga In smiled, "I see, well come, your brother must be waiting for us." She waved while taking steps away from the three.

"Oh, coming!" Tao took another quick glance at Sohee, to make sure she was fine, "Miss, be more careful and look next time you walk." he winked then ran over to Ga In. They got on the elevator and Ga In warned Tao of his identity, to not to forget that. 

In the office, where Kwang used to sit, Tao was amazed. The room haven't changed at all, except for its owner. An old and chubby Lay was sitting in the one single chair. Tao thought he was going to laugh, but he found himself quite serious. The fact that Lay appeared as a senior, Tao could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter