Prologue – The First Entry

Oh Sehun's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: this story uses Luhan's POV, but the diary entries are written by Sehun. Enjoy! ^^

 

Wednesday, April 14th, 2002



Dear Diary,


This is the very first time I write here. I'm sorry I had abandoned you for a year plus two days, I had my reasons. I still remember, my mom gave you to me as my thirteenth birthday present. I ignored her for days back then, because she got you for me, a boring empty book with old-fashioned black leather cover, instead of that cool huge toy gun like Jongin's. She said I was too old for that, and that a diary would be much more useful to help me go through my approaching puberty. She said I could write anything here, spill my heart out, but I didn't even want to listen back then. Now I understand what she meant.


Today was Mom's funeral. It has been a year since she was diagnosed with cancer and she finally left me, after all those supportive words from my friends and relatives that promised me she would survive. I'd rather not hear them all, if only I had known she would go away in the end. It really broke my dad's heart too, even now he's still crying while I'm writing this. I don't know if we will be happy again and everything will be back to normal someday, because life without Mom is just not normal. I'm going to miss her nag and long lectures that I usually ignored, I'm going to miss the times when she scolded me whenever I went home dirty and sweaty after playing soccer or basketball with my friends. She used to freak out everytime she found small cuts on my body and she would treat them immediately, although I could do it by myself. I wasn't a baby, okay. But now I've become used to it and I guess treating my own wounds will be really sad from now on, I'll remember her for sure. Of course I can't ask Dad to do it, that would be really awkward. I can't ask him to kiss me either, which Mom used to do every morning before I went off to school.


I'm sorry I'm writing so much here, this is my first time. I'm sorry I wet your paper too with my tears, please bear with me, I'm such a crybaby.


But above all my sadness and confusion right now, I also feel this funny tingling feeling in my tummy, like, a tiny droplet of happiness in my sea of sadness, giving me hope that my life won't be that sad after all of this. You know why? Guess it! Right, you're only a book.


It's because I met him.


His name is Luhan, he came to my mom's funeral with his mom and his friend, a cute guy named Minseok who had pretty eyes and chubby cheeks that reminded me of a fat fluffy hamster. Both of them are eighteen; four years older than me. I saw him, Luhan hyung, when he first arrived there, and I thought he was really pretty for a grown boy. He stayed there with his mom and Minseok hyung until everyone else left, he cheered me up and touched me a lot even though we didn't know each other, but I guess I didn't mind it at all.


He's an angel, I like him a lot.



Luhan's POV


That Wednesday morning, Mom woke me up earlier than usual, her eyes red and watery. I sat up quickly and asked her what had happened, and she said that an old friend of hers had called her, telling that his wife had passed away. I asked her if I knew them, and although she said no, I still got up and quickly cleaned myself. By the time I had dressed up neatly, Minseok, my best friend, had arrived at our door. He rang the bell several times and I bolted towards the main door.


"Oh, hey, Baozi!" I greeted my shorter friend with my brightest smile and a bone-crushing hug.


"Luhan-ah," he gave me a light squeeze before letting go to eye me from head to toe, like the way he had eyed me when I had been forced to crossdress by my erted seniors years ago.


"So handsome early in the morning," he commented.


Just after I had seen his confused face did I remember we were supposed to walk to school together.


"Oh, right, I forgot," I scratched the back of my head and gave my buddy an apologetic smile. "I can't go to school today, I have to go to a funeral with my mom."


I mentally squealed, a manly squeal, when Minseok's eyes rounded and his lips formed a small circle in surprise. Such an adorable little creature he was.


"Funeral?? Who-"


"Relax, Baozi, it's not a part of my family," I chuckled and patted his cheek. I couldn't help it, okay, he was so cute. "So... Actually just now I thought you should go with me so you wouldn't have to walk alone to school, but then you would miss many classes-"


"I'll go with you!" He cut me, rather too excitedly, bouncing a little bit on his heels with a bright grin plastered on his face. I couldn't help but crack a satisfied big smile.


"Really? Won't your mom get mad?" I asked, still with a grin, hoping that he wouldn't change his mind.


"Of course she won't, since I'm going with you," he giggled. "Is your mom okay with it though?"


"She'll be glad to have you go with us," I said, knowing how my mom really liked this one cute kid. She considered him as her own son, since I had grown up together with him ever since we went to the same daycare that now has turned into a secret ion house. Oh the irony.


"Okay then, I'll go change now! See ya Lulu!" Before I could say anything, Minseok had bolted back to his house, which was located next to mine.


A while later, we were neatly seated in the back seat of Mom's car, with the owner sitting behind the steering wheel. She wouldn't stop stealing glances at her wristwatch and was driving like a drunken lady, while Minseok and I were holding hands, praying hard to the heavens so that we wouldn't have to end up arriving at the graveyard as another fresh corpses.


"Uh, Mom... So, you said it was your old friend?" I initiated a conversation, in attempt to at least make her relax and slow down a bit.


which was quite successful.


The car slowed down ever so little as she said, "Yes, he's a guy I haven't met for so long. Maybe fifteen years? No, sixteen years since the last time we met. It was when you were still two."


"We hadn't even met that time," Minseok said, elbowing my arm and grinning at me.


"Yeah, we met a year after, right?" I chuckled and slung an arm around his shoulders, pulling him down so I could pinch his cheek. He nodded and giggled like a cute teenage girl.


"So, Mom, how could he call you again after all this time?" I asked again. Being nosy sometimes is okay, isn't it?


There was a quite long pause until she finally said, "That's what I don't know. But I'm glad he called me. I've known him ever since we were in high school, I knew his wife too. three of us were best friends back then."


"Only best friends?" Minseok asked, using a teasing tone in his voice. He flashed a naughty smile at me.


If he h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter