Ching-Gu (Friends)

Passion of Love...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day afterward

Jae Hee’s Perspective

6:00 AM

I slap my alarm as it consistently keeps on ringing. I get up and stretch every muscle in me. I wear my pair of new sneakers and tie up my long hair that is dangling. I tend to enjoy small walks and run around the neighbourhood just to lighten the rest of the day.

I got down from the elevator and walk out to the fresh new day. It was December but there’s no snow. Global warming does everything. It was a little cold but not too cold to be in only sweats. I started to walk along the sidewalk and eventually begin jogging. My mind goes on wondering what I should do next. The thought of Mr. Byun and Baekhyun still hasn’t enter and left my mind yet. It just keeps rewinding like the old cassette tapes. I just can’t under how one guy and another can look 100% the same. Unless, Baekhyun had a twin brother that i didn’t know about.

I will be seeing Mr. Byun today at 2 AM at the hospital to talk about Kang Sun’s health so far and development. I still feel tingles and shivers when I think of Mr. Byun. It’s like I’m anticipating seeing him. The jolt of excitement when you just really want to see someone and a slight pain in the heart when you feel like you’re missing something.  I walked into a mini restaurant and ordered some deuboki for breakfast.

“Here’s your deuboki. 3000 won please.” The ma’am told me.

“Yes. Here is 3000 won.” I passed her.

I opened up the box of food to add some sesame seeds just for Soo Ah preference. But, I realized she gave me Glass noodles instead.

“Excuse me. You gave me the wrong food and by the way, there’s a piece of hair in the food.” I tried to be kind and well-mannered. Mini restaurants usually have bad attitudes. The cashier called for the person in charge and told me to wait. Finally, the ma’am walks out.

“Who’s looking for me?” The person in charge asks. The cashier directed her to me.

At first look, she looked very familiar. I felt like I saw her somewhere.  She kept talking to me and she didn’t look like she knew me so I just kept talking about the food.  At the end, she was okay in giving me a new plate for her mistake. She was super friendly. Although her restaurant was mini, the people, price, and atmosphere was pretty good.  We had a chat while I was waiting for my food.

I then asked her, “I feel like I saw you somewhere. You look like someone I know but i don’t remember. Did you see me somewhere before?”

She looks at me with wide eyes. “Maybe you have seen me somewhere. I got plastic surgery 2 years ago. I had reconstructed my whole face structure into something more desiring. Ain’t I beautiful?” She jokes around with me.

“Haha. I actually got a mini surgery too. Can you guess what I did?” I asked her and hope she can guess it right.

“HMM. Double eye-lid? No, your chin?”

“Nopeee!! I took my wisdom teeth out.” I point at her and we both started to chuckle. “Hey, you know that is considered as a ‘mini’ surgery.”

“You tricked me!” She looks regretfully. “a- Kaep-da !”

I was shocked. How did she know that term in Baekhyun’s song, Kaep’s song rhythm? It was only a thing Baekhyun knew and he was the one who told me. It was a thing between me and him.

“Kaep song?” I question her. “Did a guy call Baekhyun tell you that?”

The ma’am started to look a little concern with what she said. “Aii, who is Baekhyun? Nonsense. I heard this..from...”

 She couldn’t answer me and kept on stuttering. She ended up confessing that she knows this person but she can’t tell me.  As well, she told me it was a long time since he saw him. Probably like 2 years ago. I didn’t continue to question her.

2 PM

I was at my office waiting for Mr. Byun but it seems like he’s running late. I sat in my office and holding a pen I kept nibbling the end. I slouch on the chair looking like I’m halfway asleep. The time keeps on ticking but still no one walks in. I look at the clock. It’s 2:01 PM. Only one minute has pass but i felt like it’s taking forever.  I ended up being annoyed with myself and walked to the patient’s room to do a simple check with them. Another 10 minutes passed, I walked back to the office but there’s still no one in there waiting. I walked out and in for another 3 times but Mr. Byun was still not there. I was going call him when Park Hoon called.

“Hey. Dr. Kim. Can you come to my office for a second please?” He talks with a silently strange voice.

“Right now? Is it urgent? I’m waiting for a patient’s parent right now.” I replied biting my nails. It’s strange for Park Hoon to be so serious. I hope he’s not firing me for what I did the other day.

I walked into his office and knocked. I entered when he said “come in.”

“Hmm. Hey. What’s up with the serious voice?” I looked super scared. “It’s not something bad, is it?”

“Well. It depends how you interpret it yourself.” He looked up with those new trendy circ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter