-New start-

*Fated* [completed]
[Joyce]

Joyce took a deep breath as she entered the school. New school. New life. New start.

"Alright, I shall work hard and strive for the best!" That was what she always said whenever a new year began.

However, each year she failed to do so. Not that she was lazy, it was just too difficult for her to memorise the tiny little black words printed on the blank pages of the textbooks.

How she managed to get into the top class of the school was a miracle. Yes. A true miracle. Perhaps God was with her during the examinations. She somehow got most of the answers correct. Even Joyce, herself, was surprised that she had passed her exams with flying colours. She could still remember the suspicious look on her stupid teacher, who used to look down on her.

Maybe fate wanted her to enter that class. She don't know. But she definitely knew that if she did not work hard, she would most probably drop out of the class. By that time, even fate could not help her.

"Hey joyce! Whatcha thinking?" She felt a tap on her shoulders.

It was Joanne, her best friend from the old school.

She smiled and shrugged,"Nothing. Just thinking who will be in the same class as us."
Luckily, she and Joanne had been coincidently posted to the same class in the school, the best class of the school. Now, she would not feel lonely in that gigantic school filled with unfamilar faces.

"Ring..." The school bell rang. She hurried to the class she was supposed to be in.

Just as she was looking for trails of where 1-U class was, she had her head crashed against the chest of a stranger, who in turn knocked her things onto the ground.

Feeling guilty and embarrased at the same time, she apologised profusely, while Joanne crouched down to help her pick up the books. Joyce looked up, hoping to see a friendly smile and a "It's alright". However, to her dismay, the guy just walked off without even stopping to take a look at her.

The weirdest thing was that Joyce realised that the people around her were gasping. Almost everyone of them looked utterly shocked. Joyce wondered why but she decided not to ask because she had to rush for lessons. She definitely did not want to be late on the first day of school.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21.11.04

6.16 PM

-yiNghAn-