-Finally solved-

*Fated* [completed]
[Joyce]

She stood rooted to the ground after Sylvester left. She stared at the wall emotionlessly. Only after quite some time then she managed to get back to her usual form.

The redness on her face slowly faded as she realised what had happened to her. Immediately she blushed again.

She almost wanted to die. It was her first kiss! And he took it without even asking her for permission!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Sylvester]

He could feel his heart beating furiously as he walked off. He did not even stop to lecture his useless followers who broke the Rifa's rules.

He could not believe that he actually... kissed her!? And... in front of his gang members?? How was he going to face them in the future?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Next day]

Fortunately or unfortunately, Mr. Lim had changed their seating arrangement without any reason.

Both Joyce and Sylvester were really grateful, for the first time, to Mr. Lim. It was best that they do not see each other that often. Otherwise, neither of them knew what to do next.

But the tragedy was that even though Mr. Lim had changed their seating arrangements. He had shifted Sylvester to sit behind Joyce! That was probably not much a change as they were still close.

Sylvester could only stare at the blackboard, trying very hard not to ignore the head in front of him. Meanwhile, Joyce was not feeling any better. She could feel his eyes on her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days passed.

[Joyce]

Joyce continued to avoid Sylvester. She had long ago forgiven him. It was just a matter of face. Furthermore, it was Sylvester's fault in the first place. He did not even initiate to apologise. So why should she start a conversation with him?

[Sylvester]

Many times he wanted to approach Joyce and apologise to her. But he knew that he was coward. He was afraid of rejection. What if she refused to forgive him? What if she sued him for molest?

Sylvester would shake his head and walked away wihout saying a single word to Joyce.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those two stubborn youths probably irritated God and fate arranged them to walk on the same street that day...

Joyce walked out of the 7-eleven after purchasing the things she wanted. She definitely had a bad habit of jaywalking and she crossed the road without looking out for cars.

Just then she heard a honk. She spun around, only to see a car nearing her...

Then she felt herself being pulled to the opposite street and she watched as the car went pass her.

"Phew!" That was the first comment she made when she realised that she was still alive.

Then she turned to thank the hero who had rescued her just now.

"NOT AGAIN!" Her heart leaped as she saw his face so close to her. Quickly she struggled out of his embrace and screamed.

"Hey! I saved you! You should be thanking me and not screaming into my ears!" Sylvester said as he dodged Joyce's blows.

"You idiot! Last time you..." Joyce paused for a moment. She could not be saying that he stole her first kiss right? She would be even more embarrassed. "And... and now you hug me!!"

"Alright! I am sorry okie? I am really sorry for doing that last time!" He was practically shouting at her, trying to be louder.

This time Joyce went silent. She glared at Sylvester with her huge eyes.

"I am... sorry." Sylvester's voice was soft too. And Joyce could see his sincerity in the eyes.

"You have to compensate me!" Joyce finally replied.

"Okay. What do you want me to do?"

"Mmm... I haven't think of anything yet. I shall tell you next time. But you'll have to do anything I ask you to!"

Sylvester smiled. He felt so relieved that Joyce had forgiven him.

But something inside him just had to get him into trouble.

"So do you hate me now?" Sylvester was too late to stop himself from saying that.

Joyce shrugged and walked away, smiling behind Sylvester.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay. i hafta apologise. this chapter is really my worst chapter. sorry. i will try harder in next chapter! (=

-yiNghAn-

20.12.04

5.18 PM