-Hey partner!-

*Fated* [completed]
[Joyce]

Joanne and Joyce finally got into the classroom after asking around. Quickly they found their seats just before their new form teacher stepped into the classroom.

The whole class went silent immediately at the sight of the fierce-looking Mr. Lim.

"Ahem." He cleared his throat. "I am your form teacher for this year. Call me Mr. Lim. I won't be teaching you any subject since I am the discipline master of the school. But, but I will see that all of you here, are disciplined under my supervision. You are in the top class. I believe that you are the most obedient here and I think you should not be of any problem compared to other classes...but if you were to do anything wrong,I will make sure that every single one of you receive the correct punishment. Understand?"

His booming voice sent shivers down Joyce's spine. He was one strict teacher whom Joyce were afraid of most.

The top class remained silent throughout. Seemed like everybody was scared of Mr. Lim. Clever as they were, they certainly knew the consequences of breaking the school rules.

"Er... sorry Mr. Lim, I am late." A voice suddenly broke through the silence.

Joyce turned to see the person who was talking, fearing for the victim.

Only to see the person who bumped into her just now.

"Sylvester Sim." Mr. Lim blurted out. Well, he had apparently introduced Sylvester to the class. "I seriously hope that you will be good this year. Or at least, do not create any more troubles."

That cool guy nodded his head.

Good? Create any more troubles? Sylvester Sim?

Joyce suddenly got interested in this guy, despite the fact that he did not even say sorry to her for knocking her things down.

After a few minutes of 'ice-breaking', Mr. Lim had personally sorted out the seating arrangement for the class. He decided to make it a "boy-girl-boy-girl" seating arrangement. Which means that Joyce could not sit with Joanne anymore.

And what coincidence, Mr. Lim had made that cool guy sit beside Joyce, who felt kind of small beside him.

In spite of that, Joyce, being a cheerful and friendly girl, stretched out her hand and tried to make friends in a cool way, "Hey partner! My name is Joyce Ng."

"Sylvester." One word.

"Is he ice man or something?" Joyce thought as she gave up and turned to talk to the classmates sitting behind.

[Sylvester]

Feeling bored, he lied down to take a nap, like he always did for the past few years.

Being in the top class with kids younger than him by two years was indeed boring. Moreover, Sylvester had never wanted to chat with those nerds, whose world only revolved around sciences and mathematics. Or rather, he had never wanted to chat with anyone else. Not to say that girl sitting beside him.

He recognised the girl called Joyce as the one he knocked agaist earlier in the morning. It felt funny though, to have someone trying to make friends. No one had done that to him for a very long time, since the day he became "Long-ge". Obviously that girl had not heard stories about him yet. "Soon," he thought. Soon enough Joyce would hear the stories and would not dare to talk to him again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21.11.04

8.17 PM

-yiNghAn-