-Friends-

*Fated* [completed]
Now Joyce and Sylvester had become friends and were closer than before. The classmates were surprised to see them chatting happily together.

[Sylvester]

Sylvester was like a changed person. He had become much more cheerful and he started to pay attention during lessons. That was different from the old one, who only knew to sleep in class and give cold stares to anyone who disturbed him.

[Joyce]

Joyce really liked the new Sylvester Sim. At least he would not shoot her a sharp glare. Though he appeared to get used to calling Joyce stupid. But Joyce was not angry with him. She knew it was just Sylvester's way of teasing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, they were both sitting together having lunch.

Suddenly Joyce remembered just a few weeks ago, Sylvester had promised to compensate her.

"Mister." She called Sylvester.

"Hmm...?" Sylvester was busy eating his wanton noodles.

"Do you remember that you promised me to anything I ask you to do?"

"Oh yeah... what... doo..o you want me-to do?" Sylvester's voice was a bit muffled as he was still gobbling down the noodles.

"I want you to quit being the gang leader of Rifa."

Sylvester choked.

"You said that you would do anything." Joyce insisted.

Sylvester looked at her seriously.

"No. Anything but this."

Joyce wanted to persist further but upon seeing Sylvester's face, she decided not to provoke him.

"Alright. Then I want you to..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the scorching sun, Sylvester looked at Joyce with his pleading eyes.

"Really?"

Joyce nodded her head, grinning from ear to ear.

"I...I..." Sylvester found it really hard to say to someone whom he hated.

"You are the one in fault. And you are supposed to apologise to me okay?" Jerry Ong was stern. He still detested Sylvester after Joyce's explanation, just as how Sylvester disliked him.

"I am sorry." Sylvester eventually got the words out of his mouth.

"What?? I can't hear? Can you speak louder?" Jerry was not very satisfied.

Sylvester would have kicked him if not for Joyce's disapproving look. He really regretted agreeing to the stupid idea by Joyce Ng.

"I said I am sorry okay? You ask me say one more time, that will when you enter the hospital!" Sylvester hollered.

Then, Joyce coughed.

"I want the both of you to be friends."

"Are you kidding??" The two guys exclaimed in unison.

"Why not?" Joyce was not bothered.

After arguing for a long time, Jerry could not stand it anymore and he stretched out his hand.

Sylvester rolled his eyes.

"Well?"

He sweared his mind was not thinking straight and took it reluctantly.

"Yeah!" Joyce cheered at the instant when the enemies shook hands.

"We are friends now!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyy! i'll be ending the story in next chapter! and maybe start a sequel in a new fanfic? *shrugs* see if you guys want a not... (=
'nways... wishing everybody merry christmas! 5 days countdown! *smilex*

-yiNghAn-

20.12.04

8.03 PM