-Finale-

*Fated* [completed]
Time flies.

Soon it was exam-time. Everyone in the class could be seen with a book everywhere they went.

Even Sylvester became hardworking. Perhaps the good thing was that he did not change himself into a nerd. He was still the cool cool Sylvester -- with a book in his hands. Joyce studied hard too. She was determined to get into the top class next year, so that she could be classmates with Sylvester again.

Day by day they finished the examinations and waited impatiently for the results.

Finally, the results were out.

...

"Jenny Tay."

"Kelvin Hoo."

...

"Joyce Ng."

Joyce was very sure that her hands were trembling as she took her report book from Mr. Lim. At the corner of her eyes, she could see Hui Ting and Joanne giving her encouraging smiles. She nervously went back to her seat and slammed the report book on her table. She tunred back, only to see Sylvester staring hard at Mr. Lim. He was nervous as well. Afterall, that was the only chance he had. He could not afford to do badly.

Unable to resist the temptation, she opened her report book before Sylvester received his.

"Promoted to ... " Joyce covered . She had gotten into the top class! Her efforts were paid off! She ginned at Sylvester and nodded excitedly at him. Sylvester could only return her a faint smile, while keeping his eyes on Mr. Lim.

"Sylvester Sim."

The moment had come.

Sylvester took the precious book and went back to his seat. He kept on staring at the school logo on front cover. He prayed hard. Then he lifted his head to meet Joyce's eyes. Joyce nodded. He took a deep breath and flipped it...

He froze.

He was not promoted. He looked so listless. He put in his best effort! How could he not...??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sylvester Sim... ehh?" Mr. Lim was also surprised that he actually called out the name twice.

Sylvester looked up and stared at Mr. Lim blankly. Mr. Lim was turning the fron cover to check if he made any mistake. Upon seeing that, Sylvester did likewise, only to see "Sebastian Sim" typed out on the front cover. He threw the report book to the real Sebastian and went forward to get his from Mr.Lim, who was apologising.

He could not wait to go back to his seat and opened the book. Then his face changed as he went back.

Joyce asked him worriedly. She tried to read his mind but to no avail. Sylvester only showed his results to her.

YES!!!!!!!! Sylvester got much better grades than her! They are going to be classmates next year!

Joyce gave a 'thumbs-up' sign to him before turning back to face the front.

"Alright class. Many of you have done very well in this examination and will be promoted to next year's top class. Congratulations. I will be your form teacher next year too." Many moans were heard. "However, there are several of you who have not done as well..."

Joyce was not listening to him. All she had in mind was herself studying with Sylvester Sim next year!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hooray! I finished the story! Finally! Yeah! Haha... Thanks to all who have supported me all this while! (=
Merry Christmas to you!

-yiNghAn-

21.12.04

5.43 PM