-Notebook-

*Fated* [completed]
Joyce heard her partner talk to her.

"Are you going to do the project?" Came the question that Joyce did not want to hear.

"Uh... yeah! Today!" Joyce hesitated some time before lying to Sylvester.

If she confessed that she forgot to bring home her notebook, Sylvester was bound to say that she was stupid. Or worse, he might not even say anything. He might just give her a pity look, indicating that Joyce was too foolish to sit beside him. Of course, that was all part of Joyce's imagination.

Then, Sylvester looked at her suspiciously.

"You sure?" He asked again.

"Yes." Joyce tried very hard not to look directly into his eyes. She was really bad at lying.

"Stop the act won't you?"

"Huh?" Joyce was puzzled.

Appearing right in front of her was Sylvester's hand, with a black leather notebook and a diskette, which did not belong to Joyce.

Joyce grabbed the notebook and put it at her chest. She heaved a sigh of relief but soon she blushed. Obviously Sylvester had picked up her notebook and was testing her out. Great. She knew she could not tell lies.

Sylvester was still waving the floppy disk at her.

"That's not mine." Joyce said after thanking Sylvester.

Sylvester almost vomit blood. He could not understand why this girl beside could be so slow in thinking. He had to explain everything clearly in order to get through one simple message??

"Take it and edit it. The presentation may not look very well." He seriously hoped Joyce could understand by now.

Joyce, in contrast, still could not get it. But she took the diskette anyway, afraid that Sylvester would be angry at her.

"You still don't know what this is do you?" Sylvester read her mind again.

Joyce nodded, keeping her head low.

He took a very deep breath and said, "This is the project. I've looked through the notes in your book and combined them in the powerpoint. You get it now?"

Joyce finally got it! Yet she was indeed surprised that Sylvester did the project. She thought Sylvester loathed that project.

Joyce smiled as she kept the diskette in her bag, scared that she would lose it. She saw the nice side of Sylvester once more. The 'long-ge' did not look so frightening as much, compared to past few weeks when they first met.

"Sylvester Sim and Joyce Ng! Please pay attention in class! If not I'll send you two outside the class!" The physics teacher shouted.

Joyce quickly flipped through the textbook on her table while Sylvester cupped his face with his hands and stared at the teacher. He looked just like a cute and obedient student, unlike the gangster he was after school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Joyce]

One of the first things she did when she got home was to siwtch on her computer and viewed the presentation Sylvester had made.

She was impressed by him. Even though it was kinda boring, it was a nice work. Neat and simple. Short but informative. Joyce was sure that they would get pretty good marks for the project. Her lips curled up as she edited the last page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[presentation]

Done by : Sylvester Sim
Joyce Ng

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was one cool project she liked a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Sylvester]

Sylvester stared at the dark blue notebook in his hands. He still could not believe himself.

Why on earth did he buy a notebook? Right, to take down notes. But take down notes? That was definitely not his method of studying. He could pass tests without even studying. So why did he need notes for?

Yes yes yes.
"I've bought a notebook to take down notes because... because this is the last chance for me to graduate. Yes..." He reassured himself with this reason, refusing to think that he was affected by Joyce's neat handwriting in her notebook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright. i updated a chapter! haha... tried to make it long... (=

-yiNghAn-

13.12.04

9.57 PM