-The different side of him-

*Fated* [completed]
[Sylvester]

The first day of school passed slowly for Sylvester. He dashed out of the classroom right after the school bell announced the dismissal. Then he went to the usual place -- rooftop -- to do what he always did.

"Long-ge, he's the one." Sylvester's men pushed a bespectacled student to him.

"His father is wealthy. Owns mercedes. Bungalow. More than 5 maids. And look at his stuff! All branded. No imitation at all!" Another guy spoke before he gave that poor student a punch in the stomach.

"I didn't ask you to hit him. Just gimme all the money you have with you now. And bring more tomorrow." Sylvester finally opened his mouth to talk.

The student took out his wallet with trembling hands and poured out the contents onto one guy's hands. $500 cash plus two credit cards and his identification card. All swept off by a few gangsters.

Sylvester held that student's chin up and hissed, "Meet us here tomorrow. Remember- don't you dare to tell anyone! Or else..." He held up his other hand and clenched into a fist. The student almost wet his pants, luckily Sylvester let him off just in time.

Typical scene for Rifa, the famous gang group of the school. [ Rifa = we control *not very sure too* ] Apparently Sylvester was the gang leader. However, people who knew him dared not call him by his name. Usually they addressed him as "Long-ge" or "Da-ge" for those who were closer to him.

His nickname was probably the most normal one in the whole gang. Others had nicknames such as "Green monster", "Grapes" and many more. Although the names were silly, many people did not dare to provoke them.

Most students stayed as far as possible away from any members of the gang. While some students, upon seeing the ultimate power of this group, decided to join them for protection. And indeed, joining the gang equalled to no more being bullied. The members there were extremely loyal. They looked after one another and there were rarely commotion among themselves. Those who were betrayals probably ended up badly. But ever since Sylvester took over the position of the leader, no one had yet to betray the gang. Not that he was cruel, just that people respected him, due to no reason.

Soon, Rifa started spliting the money. Of course Sylvester had the larger portion and he put the dollar notes into his empty wallet. He was pleased.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Joyce]

She felt so relieved that she passed her second half of school peacefully.

She walked to the bus stop alone because Joanne and Hui Ting headed in a direction different from her. It was kind of embarrassing to drag someone else to go home with her. Afterall, they just met for one day.

Popping a lollipop she bought from the nearby supermart into , Joyce continued her journey home. She grew up taking buses. Going home was not a problem at all.

She strolled to the bus stop which was just a few metres away.

Just then she saw someone she wished she had not seen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That scary guy.

She saw Sylvester and an old woman, or a beggar, to be specific. Joyce, out of curiosity, continued to see what her sitting partner was doing. Only to see Sylvester snatching that beggar's lunchbox and dumping it into the rubbish bin at a corner.

"WHAT???"
Joyce almost screamed out. That heartless guy! She wanted to run forward to give him a punch. The fierce look on Sylvester's face earlier during lessons suddenly disappeared. All Joyce wanted to do was to beat that jerk up. How could he bully a poor beggar???

Fortunately, another sight prevented her from dashing forward. She saw Sylvester pulling out his wallet, getting a fifty dollar note out and pushing it into the beggar's hands. The old woman looked shocked but soon the face gradually turned to a grateful expression. Then the woman started to bow to Sylvester when he walked away, expressing her gratitude.

Joyce hid herself behind the tree nearby, feeling bad as she mistook Sylvester as a crook just now. She smiled. That was totally not the gangster she met in school. That was... a different side of him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24.11.04

5.58 PM

-yiNghAn-

*grinx* *laughs* *lamed*