Getting Closer

Forbidden

Pancakes, eggs and bacon. You are all ready, as you are about to call Jongin you see him walking down the stairs. He is wearing a blue and white plaid shirt with dark blue jeans, walking one slow step at a time. His head must still hurt. You smile, knowing that you can use this to your advantage, you go and support him on his way down. When the two of you finally reach the table, Jongin sits down and you offer him breakfast and a tablet. He finishes the food and looks at the tablet.

"You trying to drug me?" He asks.

"No, just something for your headache" you say with a smile. 

"Ah, okay. I trust you" he says and swallows the tablet. Of course you hadn't tried to knock him out, not yet.

"You should get some sleep, th-" 

"No" Jongin cuts you off and walks to the couch then pats the spot next to him. 

"Come. Watch a movie with me"

"Okay" you say and sit beside him. Jongin rests his head on you shoulder and chooses a romantic movie.

"Is this movie okay?" He asks.

"Yeah" you quietly answer. Was he drunk again? No. But, it would be safe to stay quiet and see what he is up to. 

"Did you get a lot of sleep?" He asks.

"Not really"

"Was it because of me?" He asks with a smile. And snuggles closer (if that was even possible) to you. What the hell was with all of these questions? 

"No" you say and blush, which makes him chuckle a bit. 

The two of you finish the movie then watch another, and another. You spend the whole day watching movies. You eventually loosen up and start talking more and joking around. Inbetween movies, one of you gets some snacks, chips, popcorn, and other things that the two of you share. Both of you are tired and cuddled up together. You and Jongin end up falling asleep on the couch together at around 11:35pm.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When you wake up, you realize that you are upstairs in Jongin's bedroom. You turn and notice that Jongin has his arms holding you. Did he carry you upstairs?  No. You remember the both of you falling asleep last night and then?... 

"I see that your awake" Jongin startles you. He has his eyes closed and is breathing steadily, you watch his chest rise and fall. Its now or never. 

"Are we going to decorate the house today?" You ask in the sweetest voice possible. Hopefully, he will agree.

"Yeah, but maybe we should eat first?" Jongin releases you and stands up. 

"Come on. I'll make you something" 

"I thought that you couldn't cook" 

"Well. You obviously haven't tasted my cereal" Jongin says and drags you downstairs. 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yup. You were right, this cereal is the best" you tease Jongin.

"Hey, don't be mean" he pouts.

"Its a talent to be able to cook like you". 
The compliment took you by surprise. You expected a snarky comment, or Jongin fighting back. But a compliment? Things were going faster then you planned. 

"Lets start decorating" you say.

"Yes, but let me clean up first".


After Jongin has put everything away, he goes to the basement to grab the Christmas decorations. There is red, green and white lights, a giant plastic snowman, stockings, ornaments, and other things that you could only dream of as a kid. As far as you remember, you family never decorated a Christmas tree or sang Christmas carols. You weren't allowed, you were forbidden. So seeing all of this did make very happy, but also a little bit sad.

"I think that we should first go get the tree. I know a guy who sells them, and its only 30 minutes away so-" Jongin stops when he sees you with a tear descending down your face.

"Aww, what's wrong?" He asks, putting an arm around you.

"Do you not celebrate Christmas or ar-" 
"No, its just that I never had the chance to. My family taught me that happiness wasn't everything there was to life. They were greedy and evil people who believed that power and money were the most important things in the world" you tell him with a sigh. You didn't want to break down in front of him, but a tear or two would help you with your plan. 

"Lets go get the tree" Jongin says quietly. Yes. Lets go. And lets see you fall for my plan Jongin. 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After 3 hours, the tree is decorated along with the rest of the house. When the two of you are done, Jongin suggests that the two of you go out for abit. You don't know what he has in mind, but it kind of sounds like a date, which you agree to. First, you go put on a black coat (since it is winter and all), and see Jongin wearing a similar looking coat to you.

"The winter version of couple shirts?" You , which causes him to blush a little. Then the two of you hop into Jongin's car and drive into town. 

 

Your Coat:                                                               Jongin's: