The Ring

Forbidden

When Jongin wakes up, you are already downstairs eating breakfast. You've placed the red box in front of you. Let's see how fast it will take him to notice it? Maybe you won't have to get him drunk. As you see a sleepy Jongin walk down the stairs, you begin to think of what the ring could be for...

"Good morning" Jongin calls as he approaches the table. Just as he's about to sit down, he notices the box and sighs. . Does that mean that the ring was for me? You think with a frown.

"Ahh... You've found it" he says with a small, forced smile, sits down and begins to eat.

"Was it for me?" You ask with a smirk. Which causes Jongin to drop his fork. 

"No"  

"Then who is it for?" You ask curious.

"It was for someone named Lien hua" (name meaning lotus flower ^^). 

"We were together for two years. I don't know, it seemed pretty serious. But I was young, stupid and in love. When she wanted to go on a trip, I took her here. To this very lodge. I asked her to marry me, she said that I was rushing. Which I replied that we didn't have to get married right away" Jongin laughed, it was a sad and empty laugh. You wanted to go over there and give him a hug. But you were stuck to the chair, wanting to hear the rest of the story. 

"She decided to break up with me" Jongin says, tears forming at the corner of his eyes.

"I found out that she's been seeing another guy behind my back for six months. How could she do something like that, I gave her everything. She went from being a kind poor girl to a rich " Jongin says with a laugh at the end. This guy was insane. Yes, he was crazy in love with this girl. 

"I haven't been here since that night, I forgot that the ring was still here. I was going to get rid of it today, before you woke up. I'm sorry" Jongin apologizes and curls himself up on the couch. As much as you hated these kinds of people for being so stupid, you felt bad for Jongin. You sit down beside him and wrap your arms around his trembling body. Ah~ what is a girl to do in these types of situations?

"Jonginsshi?" You say and Jongin turns to face you. Just as he is about to say something, you lean over and give him a long and meaningful kiss. After all his crying, Jongin tastes like mint and tears. When you finally pull away, Jongin nuzzles your neck and rests his head on your shoulder. You comb your fingers through his hair. And that's how the two of you stay. Until sleep takes over.