Not A Billionaire

The Broadcast Will Be Delayed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

23rd October 2024

 

Sungyeol taps the dining table lightly before sliding into the seat opposite Jiyoon, “still up?”

“Oh! It’s you!”

“Who else would it be?”

“Hakyeon, Taekwoon or maybe Hyuna who can’t sleep?”

“Fair enough.”

Jiyoon does not see a need to reply that and goes back to scribbling words in her well-worn notebook.

 

“You ignoring me, noona?”

“I’m working. Trying to choke up some lyrics for a song. You know how it is, everyone trying to get their releases out in time for the year end.”

“What about this time?”

“You know, it’s always the same. Either boy likes girl or girl likes boy.”

“Which would it be then?”

“Girl likes boy. They want something about girl making it really obvious that she really likes the boy and attempts to get the boy to make a move, but the boy is shy or maybe rather ignorant of her affections.”

“Having problems?”

“It’s been a long time since I’ve been that age, or had those problems. Maybe I’ve never really had that kind of problems.”

“Really?”

“Why are you asking when you already know the answer? You know that I don’t think my ex-boyfriends were particularly shy.”

“Maybe recently?”

“I think anyone recently would not be called a boy.”

“So, there are guys recently?”

Jiyoon takes her eyes off her notebook to focus on Sungyeol instead, “is it a matter of your concern?”

He blinks in surprise, “well then, would you rather get back on the topic of why you’ve been avoiding me?”

“I haven’t.”

“You have, and you know it.”

She exhales a long breath, “I still don’t know the answer to your question. You make good points. I don’t know, maybe life is indeed inconsistent. And the answer must be important to you, if not you wouldn’t have raised your voice in that situation.”

“It is indeed important to me, but like I said, take your time,” Sungyeol pouts, “but don’t avoid me like that in the meantime!”

“I’m not avoiding you. Just that, Hongbin and Sohyun need attention at this point, work is busy, so I’m stressed. And before you continue insisting that I’m avoiding you when I’m really not, let’s just say that whether there are guys recently is a matter of your concern.”

“Great, that’s fine by me. Keep going.”

“Kind of. I mean, I don’t really know. Perhaps I’m seeing some signs, but I’m not sure at all.”

“So, you think that’s a good thing, noona?”

“No. He hasn’t heard the part of the story of my life which scares the guys off,” Jiyoon her head to one side, “does that satisfy your curiosity then, Sungyeol?”

“You like him?”

She laughs, “pretty obvious that I don’t, isn’t it? But I think it’ll stop the moment someone tells him about the kind of life I lead.”

“People are so shallow sometimes. Once they hear that you have five children to take care of, they instantly back off.”

“Can’t be helped, at this age, people hear the biological clock ticking ever so loudly in their ears and only wish to find a suitable partner to settle down with.”

“What about you, noona?”

Jiyoon lets her gaze drop to her notebook, “I chose the five of them. If that re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter