I Know You

The Broadcast Will Be Delayed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Still) 8th October 2024

 

Jiyoon opens the door when she hears someone rapping on it, only to see Taekwoon in tears.

 

“Why, what is it Taekwoon?”

“Noona!” Taekwoon manages to squeeze out before wrapping his arms around her.

“Why? What happened? You know you can tell me.”

“Just…” Taekwoon squeaks before hugging Jiyoon even tighter, “thank you. I love you noona.”

“I know, Taekwoonie. I know.”

“You got time now, noona?”

“Of course.”

 

Taekwoon searches for the mobile drama, “noona, you need to watch this.”

“Okay?” Jiyoon responds hesitantly as Taekwoon presses play. Taekwoon then drags everyone’s favourite beanbag from the corner of Jiyoon’s room to sit next to her as the mobile drama played.

 

-

 

Nothing is said until the end credits roll. But Taekwoon is perfectly aware that Jiyoon is crying just like he was some time ago. There was no way she would be able to get through the episode dry eyed.

 

Taekwoon gestures awkwardly at the laptop screen, “that’s why. Thank you.”

“You don’t have to. I only did what I thought was right. What I thought I had to.”

“Even though noona was literally fresh out of college without a job, with your whole life ahead of you.”
“I can’t possibly leave five children with even more of their lives ahead of them to fend for themselves, could I? My sisters didn’t leave me to fend for myself, so how can I leave their children to fend for themselves?”

“No matter what it is, noona, I’m always grateful.”

“As I am, Taekwoon, as I am. If not for five of you, I might still be wallowing in self-pity. But I couldn’t, because I had to be strong for you precious children.”

 

---

 

11th October 2024

 

Jiyoon finds herself sitting in front of the laptop, waiting for the next episode of the drama to be released. Yes, even though she possibly had more important things to do, like figuring out what on earth to name the track that she had just composed for the rookie boy group.

 

“Nice to meet you,” the boy greets timidly, “I’m Hwajae, Hyesu’s older brother.”

“Sujeong,” our main girl says as she settles down in the unfamiliar environment, “and of course I know who you are. We’ve met plenty when we were younger.”

“I know,” Hwajae glances down for a moment, “but I thought maybe you wouldn’t remember me.”

“I remember you. Though it’s debatable whether I instantly recognized you.”

Sujeong chuckles, and Hwajae becomes all formal again.

“Sorry that you had to come all the way down to Seoul. My schedule

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter