Hot Property

The Broadcast Will Be Delayed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Still) 15th November 2024

 

Hyesu glances at Sujeong tentatively, and Sujeong nods, “oppa, your concert was so good! You did so well oppa!”

“Really?” it’s genuine surprise, “you think so?”

“Yeah, I don’t understand why oppa always doesn’t want me to attend your concert!” Hyesu continues while Hwajae gives Sujeong a pointed look. Sujeong shrugs in response.

“It doesn’t matter if oppa doesn’t want you to attend my concert right? You still did it anyway didn’t you?” Hwajae chides, tapping her playfully on the nose.

 

-

 

“Takeout ordered. And noona, you’re really sly, working behind my back to get Hyesu tickets. To think that I naively believed that you wouldn’t be able to land tickets because they all sold out. I should have known.”

“What did I say? I told you that Hyesu would not think any less of you, she wouldn’t think that you’re incompetent. What did I say?”

“How did you get those tickets though?”

“There are perks that come with working in the industry.”

“Who?”

“Soohyun unnie, you know, the one that directed your early MVs. Is that ringing a bell?”

“Of course I know who you’re talking about. I forgot that you are acquainted with her, crap.”

“It turned out just well and fine, so I don’t see why you’re complaining.”

“Right, maybe I’m not. I don’t know.”

“She did mention that you’ll still treated her quite nice even though you’ll have not collaborated for so long.”

“But we did work quite a bit with director Soohyun in our early days.”

“So once you’ve gotten over the fact that yes, Hyesu did indeed watch you perform at your concert, maybe you could consider doing what you came here to do.”

“Which day did she come on?”

“Second last, she was with me, Soohyun unnie and Yuna unnie, you know, the senior lyricist?”

“That’s not too bad, I think I got better through the days.”

“Okay, I think that wasn’t too bad, I think I’ll get over it soon enough.”

 

-

 

“Okay, so it goes like this. I talked to many people, CEO, manager, members, girlfriend. Most of my members are quite set on enlisting in the next cycle, and I can see why. For me who doesn’t know what I want to do after this, and has less popularity to start with, it’s less clear cut. Am I going to stay with the company, or go somewhere else? I don’t know. But CEO and managers seem to think it’s better for me as a whole to go in now and then come out fresh in two years time. I think it would be nice to use some time away from the entertainment industry. Girlfriend seems okay with me enlisting. I don’t know, I think she seems quite enthusiastic. She thinks it’s better now than in two years time. I think it would be nice to enlist with my members too…”

“I should tell you that you need to go talk to Hyesu, but I have a good inkling that you already did a few days back.”

Hwajae smiles, “noona, how do you know everything?”

“What I don’t know though is what she said.”

“Hyesu was understanding. She said she was okay with it because she knew that I had to. Whether now or two years from now didn’t make too much difference to her. But she said I mustn’t die on her in the military if not she’ll never forgive me.”

“I’ll never forgive you if you don’t come back safe and sound in one piece,” Sujeong says, tone joking, but face completely serious.

“Hyesu said it was my decision to make, and I should do whatever was better for me. Your opinion?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter