Nothing Too Funky

The Broadcast Will Be Delayed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29th October 2024

 

“Hello? Sungyeol-ah?”

“Yes, Jiyoon noona?”

“It looks like it will be a long night in the recording studio today.”

“Okay, don’t worry about it noona. I’ll try to get off as early as possible, and settle everything back at home.”

“Thanks. And if you’re going to order, you know, don’t let them get anything too funky.”  

“Don’t worry, I know. And you’re welcome.”

 

 -

 

“Hello?”

“Hello? It’s Sungyeol. Jiyoon noona is pulling a long night at the recording studio today. I’ll try to get off work as soon as possible, but I won’t be that soon I think.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll look out for Hongbin and Sohyun.”

“And your noona says that if you’ll are going to order in, to not order anything too funky.”

“Don’t worry, I’ve been there, done that. An upset stomach is not on the cards.”

“Thanks Hakyeon, I’ll be back as soon as possible.”  

 

Taekwoon emerges from the boy’s room, “what’s up?”

“Noona’s pulling a long night at the recording studio. Hyung said that he would try to get off work as soon as possible, but probably won’t be that soon. And not to order something too funky in.”

“There’s still food right? I’ll cook?”

“That would be the best. Just, not something too funky if not noona will throw a fit.”

Taekwoon merely grunts in acknowledgement.

 

-

 

“Hyung, you’re back,” Hongbin mutters after throwing the figure at the door a brief glance.

“How’s it going?” Sungyeol asks, in a manner which he himself deems useless.

“Not good. What’s new right?”

“Hyung, I’ll go heat up your food,” Taekwoon informs as he heads to the kitchen.

“Thanks.”

“Oppa, it’s so hard. I don’t want to do this anymore!” Sohyun grumbles as she throws down her pencil and leans on Sungyeol’s shoulder, “I’m so tired.”

“I know it’s hard. I know exactly what it feels like. But it’ll be over soon, you’ll be able to do whatever you want with your time soon. I won’t say university life is awesome, but I’ll say that life after national exams is awesome. It really is, so study now, enjoy later.”

“I think I’ve studied enough to last my entire life.”

“I think we’ve all memorized enough stuff which is not relevant to daily life to last us our entire lives. But that’s just the way the system is. You studied for twelve years to sit for this one exam. One day, you can’t in these last few weeks just give up. You’ll regret it, trust me,” Sungyeol cajoles Sohyun, already not the first time he’s had to do this.

“But your national exam results didn’t matter to you, did it?”

“Sohyun-ah, you and I both know that it matters. Let’s say that my exam result not mattering was a circumstance, which was rather unique to me. Your unnie, or anyone else in this house, will tell you that it does matter.”

“Ayyy, I know that oppa, but I’m just tired,” Sohyun grumbles as she flops down onto the table.

“Hyung, dinner.”

“Thanks! And thanks for cooking.”

“No problem,” Taekwoon replies before going back to his notes.

“Oppa, can I have the egg? Please?”

Sungyeol sighs, fails at holding back his eye roll, then puts his fork and spoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter