Sudden Trouble

Wolf's Amulet

Author's Note: I am so so so sorry for not updating for so long!! DX I will try to update this fanfic more often!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter~ <3

 

Jae woke up the next morning like she did any other normal day. She showered, dressed, brushed her teeth and made herself up as normal. She walked out into the hallway and spotted a familiar puff of black smoke. "Kai?" She thought, "Why is he here at this time?" Jae continued to walk but as she was about to step into the living room she heard Kai's voice weakly mumble something and then Luhan's voice booming "WHAT?!" come from the kitchen. 

Jae ran into the kitchen and almost shrieked at the sight of Kai. He was leaning onto the kitchen bench breathing heavily, mouth bleeding with bruises and gashes peppering  his skin where it was visible. 
"Kai! Are you okay?!" Jae almost screamed as she ran up to him to see the damage up close. "Whatever has happened can wait until I treat Kai!" 
She wrapped an arm around his waist and attempted to support him to the living room couch, but he was too heavy for her, so Luhan took her place as she ran to fetch her first aid kit. Once she returned with her kit, she proceeded to treat Kai's wounds. Meanwhile, there was a tense silence lingering. 
"Can someone please tell me what is going on?" Asked Jae, breaking the silence as she fixed a bandage to the last of Kai's wounds. 
Kai spoke in a weak voice, "W-we were ambushed this morning i-in our own home. The S-Summoners; they took Lay." He paused for a moment before continuing, "We all fought, but before we knew it, they all disappeared with Lay."
Luhan looked at Kai with said eyes. "What's going to happen to the rest of our pack? Are they hurt?"
"I think Suho is organising to move to another house. It's too dangerous to live there now. Yeah, they are fine. Chanyeol and Chen are a little more beat-up than the rest though. But they will be fine." Said Kai, turning to face Jae. "You need to be more careful, Jae, you might be their next target. They of know your relationship with some of us-" Kai coughed as he tried to finish off his sentence. 
Jae placed her hand on his shoulder, "Don't talk. You need to rest." 
Luhan bent down in front of Kai and helped him up, supporting him as he walked him to his room. "You can use my bed tonight. I will sleep on the couch." Announced Luhan. 
"N-no... I can't do that to you..." Whispered Kai.
"You are going to use my bed, Kai. No arguments." Luhan said sternly. Kai was far too weak to argue any farther so he just let Luhan take him to the bed and lay him down on it. 
Jae walked in behind them and pulled the covers over Kai. "You rest up and I will come in a little later with some food, okay?" She said as she tucked her friend in the bed. Kai nodded his head and managed to whisper a quiet "Thank you" before letting his eyes close. 
With a small smile Jae walked out of the room and met a worried Luhan in the kitchen. They exchanged glances before Jae moved to start preparing food for Kai. 
"I can't believe it!" Luhan almost yelled, his anger finally getting the better of him. He slammed his fists down on the kitchen bench, leaving two craters in it. Jae turned to face him and saw that his eyes were glowing a deep red. 
"Luhan..." Jae slowly approached him, lifting her hand as she stepped beside him and threading it through his pale silver hair. Her other hand came to softly caress his cheek. Luhan leant his head in her hand, his body relaxing a little but his eyes still glowed. 
"Luhan... We will get Lay back. I know we will. Just please calm down. "  She said calmly as she caressed his face. Luhan snapped out of his trance and his eyes turned back to their original deep brown. He looked at the damage he had dealt to the bench and his eyes widened in shock. 
"Oh my God! I'm so sorry, Jae! I will pay to get this fixed!" He said frantically, still shocked at what he had done. "I shouldn't have lashed out like that!" 
"It's okay. I just didn't want you to hurt yourself." Jae calmly told him. Luhan looked at her and gave her a small smirk. "I'll be fine. It's you you'd have to worry about."
Jae's face fell and she suddenly became worried. She averted Luhan's gaze and lowered her hands. "I'm sorry, jagiya. I will be here to protect you. I promise." He took her hands in his and placed them around the back of his neck, before letting go and wrapping his strong arms around her waist. 
"I know..." Whispered Jae as she pecked his lips before letting him go. "But right now, we have to take care of Kai." 
Luhan silently agreed, letting go of her and watched her with a slight smile as she prepared food. 
***
Lay coughed up some more blood as he was beat in the stomach with a metal staff; one of Jashik's favourite torture devices. It was simple, yet it could cause the victim so much pain and deal a lot of damage. But Jashik had no time for admiring his pain inflicting toys at this moment. If fact, he was tasked with getting answers out of Lay. 
"Tell me..." Started Jashik, voice horse and low, "Do you know the spell to reverse the effects of the Amulet?!" 
Lay shook in the shackles that bound him to a bloodied brick wall. "N-no! I don't know of such spell! How m-many times must I-" Jashik beat him once again with the staff, this time landing the blow on Lay's right arm. Jashik could almost shiver with delight at the sound of bone snapping. He broke Lay's arm. Lay screamed out in agony as the throbbing pain intensified in his arm. 
"Last time, or it's 'Goodbye' for you. Do you know of this spell?" 
Lay spat blood in Jashik's face before speaking. "I do not know of that spell."
*THWACK* 
Jashik whipped Lay across the face with his trusty metal staff. Lay instantly felt the piercing pain on his temple before the cold blackness of unconsciousness washed over him.