Lies

Save Me

Story: Save Me, Chapter 2 - Lies
Disclaimer: I don't own Hetalia


Germany vain pulsed in annoyance. Italy was late yet again. Why couldn't he just show up on time like Japan? What was so hard about that?

"Where could he be at?" he mused, seeing as the Pasta-loving nation had not arrived yet.

"I do wonder, myself." Japan replied, receiving a grunt from Germany. Right as he started to debate whether or not to head out to find him himself, a shout from off in the distance stopped him from doing so.

"Germany! Japan!" Germany and Japan looked up to see Italy quickly approaching them.

"Ve." Italy bent over, panting.

"You'd better have a good explanation as to why you're over an hour late, Italy." said Germany, his arms folded, as he towered over the small Italian.

"Si...Well, I um, well..." Italy fumbled through his words, knowing if he didn't come up with something very soon, they might see through his act. He smiled. "As I was coming here, there was a cute kitty that had got stuck in a tree. I decided to help, but it took forever to get it down."

"They are irresistible." shrugged Japan.

Germany sighed in defeat, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Very well... It does seem like a legitimate excuse, so I won't punish you this time. Let's just get to training."

"~Ve, Okay," Italy smiled, realizing only a moment later how out of character that actually was of him. Being Italy, he would've never just said, 'okay' to training without running off, and trying to ditch it. It was too late now, but he would have to be more careful from then on. After a moment of deep contemplation, Japan nodded, turning his gaze from Italy back to Germany. "Hai."

That day, Italy kept spacing out, only to be snapped back to reality by Germany.

"Pay attention, Italy." Germany had said. "You must focus on your training."

"Ve~ Sorry, Germany, I'm just so hungry. I can't stop thinking about Romano's pasta he made last night. It was so good~" he lied, giving his trademark lost-in-la-la-land face. No matter what, they couldn't know what he was really thinking about. He wanted to cut so bad that he couldn't stop thinking about it. 'Just a little longer, I have to wait it out.' He anxiously began scratching at his bandaged arm, suddenly noticing the looks he was receiving from his allies. He immediately stopped.

"Ve~ What's wrong? Why are you guys looking at me like that?" he smiled nervously. Germany sighed, yet again, as he looked away, then back over at Japan.

"Very well, since Italy is unable to continue, that will conclude our training for today."

"What are you talking about, Germany? I can continue." It's not that Italy wanted to train, but rather that he didn't Germany to see through his act, and recognize that he wasn't feeling okay. He didn't want them to worry about him; Germany, Japan, or Romano, or anyone for that matter. He didn't deserve any of their concern.,

"No, it's fine..." Germany nodded

Feliciano flinched as Ludwig grabbed his arm, slightly taking the German by surprise. Germany let go. He hadn't touched him that hard, had he?

"What's wrong with you today, Italy?" he questioned with worry. "You seem off, even for you."

Italy averted his gaze ever-so briefly, before looking back up.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine." he beamed.

Germany wasn't fooled though. He stared at him, trying to think of what to say, if he should say something, but decided to let it go for the time being.

"Anyway, I'll see you guys later." said Italy, as he rushed off before they could say anything. Germany stepped forward, worryingly.

"Ita-" Japan held up a hand to stop him. Ludwig looked down to meet Kiku's eyes. "Japan..."

The Asian looked away. "I may not be the best in the world when it comes to this, but I can easily tell that Itary-kun is hiding something from us. Even so, I say it's best we wait a little while before approaching him."

"I guess you're right..." Germany reluctantly nodded, deciding to take Japan's advice, as he was usually right when it came to reading others. He, however couldn't help but wonder why Italy had got so tense when he'd grabbed his arm so softly. Japan was probably right though. It was best to let it go for now.

Meanwhile, with Italy...

'That was so close. Germany almost found out! This is bad, I have to be more careful...' the petite Italian, ran through the town as fast as his legs would go, as he held back tears. He wasn't even sure where he was going, and he didn't want to go home just yet, as letting his brother see him in this state of mind would only get him fussed at. Not only that, but it was a known fact that Romano strongly disliked Germany, and since he was the one who was responsible for him at the moment, it would be Germany who Romano would blame if something were to happen to him.

And the last thing Italy wanted was for Germany to be blamed for something that he'd brought on himself. He felt so helpless and selfish as he remembered all the times Germany had come to running save him; all the times he was just completely useless. Germany was constantly covering for his screw-ups and mistakes, and what did he do? Just turn around and get himself in equal or greater trouble.

It wasn't until he suddenly bumped into America that he finally snapped out of his thoughts.

"Ouch... Sorry, I, um, guess I wasn't looking where I was..." America trailed off into silence, looking up. He then grinned. "Hey, dude, Italy, how's it going?!"

~ End of Chapter


A/N: What did you think? Plz Review.