In Which it Continues

Can U Smile in our Fairytale Love

In Which it Continues



I walked down from my room and entered the kitchen. I was greeted with the sweet smell of breakfast. My mum greeted me with a normal "good morning sweety" and placed a set of pancakes in front of me. I poured the maple syrup onto my 2 stack of pancakes and picked up a knife and fork. I proceed with my breakfast along with my sister in front of me, also munching on the pancakes. My mum was cleaning the dishes while my dad was getting read to go to work. Like I said, life is normal. 

I finished my breakfast within minutes and my mum handed me my bag. I thanked her and kissed her on the cheek goodbye. I waved goodbye to my sister as well as I proceed to the door and walked to the bus stop. I once again took out my iPod and played my music while walking to the bus stop. 1 step, 2 steps and 3 steps, I was at the bus stop waiting for designated bus. I, being myself, still had my head down, looking at the concrete ground. I decided to look up to the sky and today was a sunny bright day. It's a first I got to say. I smiled to myself as I loved this sunny atmosphere, it made me happy. As I was enjoying the breeze of the atmosphere I was distracted by a boy, none other than Kim Myungsoo himself.

"I like your smile" He suggested

I stopped smiling and turned my head to look at him. He, himself, was smiling as well.

"Thank you...." 

I turned my face away from him and looked back onto the concrete ground. It's these little compliments that make me think, what am I really like in people's eyes. People with different opinions, people with different lifestyles, people with different appearances but people that still walk the same path as yourself. I was rocking my feet back and forth to pass the time and I looked up as I heard a sound, a sound of another boy. I saw Myungsoo greet him with a fist bump and started to talk like they were close friends. I ignored this fact as I didn't care anyway. As I was minding my own business, I could finally see my bus arriving. As the bus stopped in front of me, I entered first and sat at my usual seat. Myungsoo came in after me with his friend. I looked out the window and now I could say my life was back to normal.... with me looking out the window and enjoying the everyday scenery I always see on the way to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was getting my books out of my locker when I saw Myungsoo walk past me. I stared at him for a good few seconds and he caught me. He smiled back at me and gave me a simple wave. I turned my head back to look at my locker. I was getting my last book when...

"Naeun, I swear Sunggyu is just getting on my nerves. Little things that he does is annoying me so much, like when he..."

Eunji continued with her rant and I gave her the attention. In these situations about boys, I don't really know how to fix or get involved. I've never experienced, love, being cared for or even being looked at as the only girl in the world. To be honest, Eunji has more experience then me in the fact of boys and problems. I could only nod and smile to show Eunji I support her. 

"he just walked past gave me that stupid smirk. ARGH" 

Eunji finished with that sentence and did her final rant before calming herself down and looking at me. 

"Anyway, how's Myungsoo so far?"

"Nothing, he seemed to have made a friend."

"Oh yeah, I saw him walking with Sunggyu, are they friends now?" 

"I guess."

I closed my locker shut. Eunji and I proceeded to our classroom together as we had History together. She continued to rant on about Sunggyu while sometimes asking me questions related to Myungsoo and I would always answer with a nod or a "no". As we were walking side by side with my books in my hand, the bell signaled for us to get to class. being the goody-two-shoes I am, we arrived at the front of our class. I walked in and sat in my seat with Eunji sitting next to me. I placed my history book onto the table and sat down while waiting for the rest of the class to enter one by one, some causing ruckus and some coming in giggling. The class began as soon as the teacher stepped into the classroom, we stood up from our seats and made a bow to our teacher. She then signaled us to sit down and we settled with the class beginning like our normal history lesson. I turned to look at Eunji and she was playing with her hair, some students were doodling in their books while some were sleeping. History wasn't considered a fun class after all and this is normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat next to Eunji eating my lunch like I usually do and Eunji was playing with her phone. When I finished eating, Eunji nudged me and I looked up. I turn around to her view. It was Myungsoo and Sunggyu, along with the rest of the 5 guys that I didn't know the names too. I turned back to Eunji and shrugged. How was this important, I thought to myself. Eunji continued to nudge me, so I turned around once more and saw that Myungsoo was staring at me. I quickly turned my head back to Eunji. 

"He was smiling at you! To be honest, I feel like he has a thing for you."

"No."

I answered with a simple response. Why would a guy like Myungsoo like me anyway? He knows nothing about me and neither do I know anything about him. He was a stranger that I helped and I'm a ordinary girl with nothing special. I took out my book from my bag and turned to the chapter I was on, well, if i was going to pass the time, might as well read. Then I was distracted by Eunji.

"Naeun, I have a question and you need to answer honestly." Eunji stated

I nodded and looked at her with my eyes full attention to her. 

"When do you plan on having a relationship?" She asked so earnestly.

It was a question where I didn't know the answer to myself. I thought to myself. When did I plan on having a relationship? I never really thought of being in a relationship in the first place. I never thought about the future or what was I going to do. I only looked at the present, your future is what you do in your present time and that's how I always thought. When do I actually plan on having a relationship?

"When I meet the right guy." I answered somewhat honestly.

She gave me a sigh and nodded, she accepted the answer and just went onto her phone playing the game as always. My answer, when I meet the right guy, what was the definition of that exactly? What is the right guy? I turned my head around and looked at Myungsoo laughing and talking happily with his friends. I looked back onto my book. No, nobody is the right guy. I don't have the right guy. I thought to that final conclusion and just left it at that. It isn't time yet anyway so I'll just let my future deal with it. Then the bell rang to get to my other class. I waved goodbye to Eunji and went on with my school day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My ride home was another typical end to my day. I walked home within a few minutes and was greeted with my mum's cooking once again. Every time I would be home, food was always ready for me and that's what brought my mood up. I placed my bag into my room and walked to the kitchen where my mum was still cooking. I analysis what she was cooking and it's my favorite. Kimchi fried rice. I gave my mum a smile. I walked into the living room and saw my sister sitting while watching her favorite show, Running Man. I sat beside her and she asked me a question that she would always asked.

"How was school?"

"Like the usual" I would always answer.

"Anything different that's happening?"

Well, things have been different lately. With me meeting Myungsoo, my normal life did change a bit but it wasn't a drastic change so it isn't important to start with. I gave it some thought on how to say this to my sister so I just went the simple answer that I would always give her.

"No'

That was our conversation, me and my sister really didn't talk or bond as much as other siblings, we don't fight or argue over boys that's a fact. We were just siblings, siblings that act like friends. As I was watching the show with my sister, I heard my mum call us from the kitchen, we closed the TV and walked into the kitchen and sat down on the table. My mum served me with a bowl of the friend rice. I thanked her and started to dig into my food. Sometimes being at home was what I'm comfortable with. My family was what I was happy with. 

After dinner, as I was doing my homework in my room, I heard my mum call me once again. I placed my pen down and walked to where she was. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You're dad and I have decided to give you something."

I looked at them with confusion and somewhat fear. Am I getting extra lessons? I would think to myself. That would be a nightmare.

"You're grown up and we think you are mature so we decided... to get you a phone!"

My mum took out the new Samsung phone with it still being in it's package. I looked at my parents in shock yet excitement. I never got a phone due to the fact I was too young and my parents think I'm not responsible. To be honest, I envy those girls in my school who would talk on their phones for hours and laugh and giggle with their friends. They would text in class with their boyfriends and laugh while reading it. I've always wondered what it would be like if I actually got a phone. Eunji has a phone but I didn't have one so Eunji would have to either call my home phone to contact me or use the mail. I felt a little bad but since my parents gave me thing opportunity to have a phone, I'm a even more happier girl. I took the phone happily and hugged both of my parents and thanked them with sincerity. My life is beginning to change in a positive way and now I wonder what change I'm going to encounter along this story. This is my life and this is me.



A U T H O R ' S ♡ N O T E

[CONTENTID3]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID3]
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)