In Which We Talked

Can U Smile in our Fairytale Love

In Which We Talked



Here I was sitting in the middle of my extra classes looking out a window where it was filled with the summer atmosphere. This was my summer break. My boring summer break. It was already 2:30PM, I sighed to myself. At the front was my teacher explaining soulfully even though nobody was listening to a word he was saying. This classroom was filled with people who failed their exam and was here for summer school. I was particularly the only one who was here because of my parents. I didn't mind though. I grew up living like this. I grew up with papers in front of me. Out of boredom I tapped my pen on the desk. It was quiet. The classroom was quiet. My pen tapping sounded like the drums, drumming in a concert hall. It was loud in this atmosphere. Loud enough that my teacher turned around and proceed to look at me. I stopped tapping my pen when he made eye contact with me. I apologized and just sat there in quiet once again. This is the life alright.

The bell rang in a matter of minutes and I could say that I wasn't the only one who was excited that class ended. Everybody was rushing out like a wild bees. Just buzzing and running to their joy. I walked out slowly while holding stacks of books on my arms. It was burning. As I stepped out of the classroom, I was greeted with the burning raze of the heat wave. I already felt tired with this atmosphere and to make it worst I was walking home. I sighed in disbelief and just continued on with my business. 

Walking with stacks of books on my arms and a bag on my back, I was sweating. It was normal though but with my tired mood, I could collapse any moment. As I took my hand to wipe some of my sweat away from my forehead. I gazed up with my hand blocking the sun. It was a clear and bright day but that didn't bring my mood up. I looked back down onto the pathway that I was walking on and just went on. Just a few meters and I'll be home. With my head glued onto the concrete floor, I didn't really care about my surroundings. I would often see people's feet walk pass me or some cars that would drive pass me. Then suddenly footsteps was heard behind me and I felt a little bit afraid. It was broad daylight, a stranger wouldn't kidnap me. I laughed at my thoughts. How stupid could I get? I excused the footsteps that was heard behind me and casually took out my phone from my pocket and listened to my music. It's probably just a normal person walking home too. As I continued to walk, the stranger continued to follow. Now I was curious. Why was this person behind me? His footsteps could be heard by me even though I was captivated with my music. I unplug an earphone from one of my ears and proceed to turn around to see who this particular stranger was it. 

To my surprise it was someone I knew. Kim Myungsoo. Shocked, At the sudden encounter. I spoke.

"You scared me!" I said to him out of shock.

He stepped back in surprised but laughed. "Did you think I was a stranger who would kidnap you?"

Like he read my thoughts. "yes. It happens you know." I answered

He laughed. "In this time? Nah, I just saw you from coming out from the school gates, plus I just came back from the stores" 

"And your following behind me because?" I questioned.

He shrugged. "For fun I guess, plus I have nothing else to do right now." 

Figured. I sighed and turned back around so I could continue my walk to home. He followed next to me while carrying a plastic bag. He really did come from the stores.

"Well, I'm walking home, so what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm going home too, not to mention I walk this way too remember?"

I stopped once again and looked at him in confusion, he walks this way? I never encountered him, probably I did but I just didn't bother to care. As I was thinking, I remembered that we took the bus together. Me and my memory. Just a great combination, I wasn't really a forgetful person.

"Remember now?" He said breaking my thoughts. 

He looked at me with those dark brown eyes staring directly into mine. I turned away out of embarrassment of how close our faces were and gave him a nod, then proceeded with my walk home. He decided to still walk beside me. We walked for a few minutes in silence, nothing but the summer breeze was heard. The birds that was chirping, the trees that was swaying. It was quiet. I didn't mind this silence though, I actually like it this way. Noise wasn't particularly my best fit. Since I really hated hearing busy cars honking or people talking outside on the streets. Silence was the only thing that could keep me calm, being the reason why I'm a closed person. I don't really like to be interested in people's problems or even be interested in the everyday lifestyles of normal people. I'm quiet but people often called me shy. I didn't care much about people's opinions either. As we continued to walk with the silence in the air, I turned next to me and looked at him. He too, was looking forward and too busy in thought to notice me eyeing him. Well, if he knew, it would have been awkward. I turned away and just looked forward of my path as well. With a few footsteps, I was about to reach my house and he didn't leave my side yet. I guess he lived quite far, I thought to myself. I paused in my tracks and he stopped too. He turned to look at me. 

"Well, I'm home, so I'll see you around." I bowed to him and sent a farewell.

I walked up to my home, which was now right in front of me. I searched my bag for the keys and unlocked the door. I stepped in, but before closing the door, I looked back. He smiled at me and waved goodbye to me. I smiled back to him and stepped into my house completely, finally closing the door behind me. We didn't communicate as much on the way but I guess it was better that way. Smiling was our way we could communicate and say that everything was okay. I like this communication better. After standing in front of the door for a few minutes, I proceeded up into my room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sun blazing through my windows. The bright sun hitting directly into my eyes. I turned around in my bed before waking up completely. I sat up in my bed and yawned a few times. Today was a weekend, so I didn't have those summer classes. I flipped my blanket away and stepped out of bed. I figured since I didn't have anything to do today, I could go to the park where I had encountered last few days ago. As I finished washing up, I got my notebook and a pencil, along with a cap to cover the sun's raze. 

I stepped out of my house and walked to the park once more. I guess I should finish the drawing that I started since I had a lot of time to spare. I walked straight like I did before, hoping to see the same park. I placed my cap onto my head and walked with my face looking, once again, onto the concrete floor. In a matter of minutes, I looked up to see the park. I walked into the park and sat down on the bench that I encountered first. I took out my notebook and the pencil and looked around the scenery. It was still the same atmosphere, where there wasn't even a breath of life here, besides the trees and grass but today it was more bright. Probably because of the sun. I sketched according to what I was seeing while sometimes rubbing the little mistakes I did. This was my way of relaxing. Drawing. It wasn't weird, it was just my hobby. As I continued to sketch, again footsteps was heard. Of course, I knew who it was.

"Come here to relax again" I said but not looking up.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"I figured, since I've been bumping into you a lot for these past few days and you said you liked this park so, I knew it was you."

He chuckled. "you knew I like this park, thought you would have forgotten already"

"I don't think I could forget, my memory is not that vague" I said but this time I looked up to him.

He sat down next to me on the bench and analysis the drawing in front of me. I didn't put it away since I didn't need too, I was almost finish anyway. I looked down onto my notebook and smiled to myself. It was a masterpiece that was made just by a pencil and it was created with my boredom. I liked it. I could sense that he smiled as well since I looked up to see him looking directly at me once again.

"I really like your smile" He announced.

"It isn't really that special, you know, it's just a smile." I said blankly. True fact.

"I guess, but it felt special to me."

There was silence once again, but this time it was considered awkward, did he just compliment me? I questioned. What did this really mean exactly? We stared at each other for a few minutes in silence again greeted with the breeze in the background. Until he spoke once again.

"Ah--What I mean is that, it felt nice to see someone smile with meaning." He corrected.

"Ah-yeah. Thank you then"

I looked back down onto my notebook. Was it just me or it was really hot right now. I ignored this feeling since it was indeed summer so it wasn't just me. I looked back up at him and he sat there looking out to the horizon. He then spoke once again but still keeping his gaze at the horizon.

"You know, you were the first person I met, when I came here. Besides my family of course." He said

"Really? I figured you would have friends to meet."

"Not really"

"Well, then I'll take it as a compliment" I said

He chuckled once again. "You know, I only know part of you, since we're here, I'll start, do you like drawing?"

"Yeah, this is my way of relaxing, I guess, I know it's weird.."

"No, it isn't, I have a hobby too. Photography."

I looked at him with my full attention. 

"Just like you with drawing, I have a passion for photography. I just like taking things that interest me. It gives me pleasure." 

"That's really cool." I said with my sincere smile.

"I could show you some of my photographs next time." 

"I'd like that"

We started to talk more. I guess this was finally a step to reality. Getting to know someone was a step into communicating with the unknown world. He told me many details about his life, I got to know that he didn't have a mother, he only had a little brother and his father. He also talked about his new friend at school, Sunggyu. I paid attention the whole time and he paid attention to my story. I realized that we were alike, we had a lot in common. Call this fate or not but this was just the beginning. You could consider this a start into our relationship.. This was how it all started.



A U T H O R ' S ♡ N O T E

Hello fellow readers, ^^ I know this was a delayed update, I had to fix my laptop because the keyboard didn't work so meaning I couldn't write. So I bought a new keyboard but then I got a writer's block. I know this story may seem slow now but it'll get better (I hope). I was thinking about the amount of chapters it might have and I think it might exceed 20 chapters. I don't know exactly. I thought about the ending already but I'm just stuck on getting the story to the ending I want. Oh wells, I'll just keep going. My next update maybe longer since I officially start school tomorrow and I'll be filled with exams and assignments so I don't think I'll update soon but I hope you don't break away from this story. I'll try my best to finish this. I won't abandon this story. I tried to make this chapter long, but failed I guess. HOPE you still liked it though.

Please COMMENT and UPVOTE, it'll would highly appreciate it ^_^

Follow me on these:
(If you're a M∞NLight)
YoutubeInstagramTumblrTwitter

And check out: 
(If you are interested in getting a poster done)

WOOULUVER: GRAPHICS SHOP

Thank you~

REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)