In Which Curiosity Kicked In

Can U Smile in our Fairytale Love

In Which Curiosity Kicked In



"I think this is the best" I said.

Here, I was with Myungsoo beside me showing me his taken photographs. There were unique and it was just fascinating to see what he was interested in. I was scheming through various photos when I came upon one that had scenery of the ocean waves splashing on the sandy shore but there was a girl's silhouette in the photo. It was a very interesting photo indeed, even though I was curious to know about the girl but just thought it was the best to ignore, since it had nothing to do with me and yes, I tried to ignore it but I just kept looking at the photo. Curiosity got the best of me. Who was she? Did she have a close past with Myungsoo? I wasn't in the stage to question anything about Myungsoo because, to be honest, we weren't in that kind of a relationship so I had to no say in his past. As I kept staring at the photo, Myungsoo was looking at that photo as well. I guess it must be very important, I looked up to see him looking very deeply into the photo. I placed the photos on his laps and complimented it.

"They're really nice photographs." I said with a faded smile.

"Ah-yeah, I think so too.." He went along.

It was then filled with the silent air. This time it wasn't a pleasant silence, but a silence where I actually felt awkward to say or do anything. We still sat there in silence looking at the breezy atmosphere in front of us. It was now the last week of the summer holidays and did I enjoy it? Yes, I could finally say I did enjoy this summer for the first itme in forever. Me and Myungsoo would often bump into each other when I came back from my extra classes and sometimes we would come to this park and sit in silence, relaxing and taking in the summer air. Did I leave Eunji out? No, just a few weeks ago, I visited Eunji at her place, we had a sleepover and talked, it was normal but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Now sitting here in this park with Myungsoo in an awkward silence. I guess he was thinking about the girl because when I turned around to look, his eyes were in pain and sorrow. I felt sorry but not sorry to pity him that much. Maybe what he went through was painful that he just forgot to take out that photo. The photo with the girl. A girl. We watched into the horizon and we could see the sunset. It was now evening and we've been sitting here talking about ourselves that time flew past. I stood up from the bench and looked at him. 

"I guess we should get going, it's getting late" 

He looked up and nodded but didn't budge. "You go first, I need some time to... think.." he replied.

I didn't want to interfere so I left it at that. I waved him a 'bye' and walked out of the park which was now almost dark. I felt this verge to stay and support him but thinking about my parents reaction I just needed to get home before my parents think I died. I walked a few steps away from the park but glanced back, he was still sitting there in pure silence. I sighed and turned back to continue to walk. As I walked my way home, I thought about the pain in his eyes. Was it because of the girl in the photo? I would question. Thinking about their relationship and his pain, I felt like they were close, closer than just friends. Maybe he misses her. I looked up to the sky and the sun raze had now gone away and the moon was slowly rising. I hope his alright..

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last day of summer, last day of my relaxation time. I got up from my bed as I heard my parents downstairs making noises that it was just impossible to fall asleep to. I walked out of my room with my pajamas still on and scratched my head as I yawned. I'm tired and you could tell by my sudden state. It was only 7AM approximately but there was a whole lot of awful noises. Of course, by instinct I walked down to check what was going on. I saw both my parents rushing in and out of their bedroom while yelling at one another to check if they forgot something. Now, that I was awake, I wanted to know what was going on. My mum kissed me on the forehead and my dad greeted me with a simple "good morning". I was confused and I needed answers.

"What's going on?" I asked in this sudden commotion. 

"Sweety, I know this is too soon, but your father and I are going overseas for a few weeks alright?"

"Wha--Why?" I was shocked.

"Your father was given this task to do overseas and knowing that the pay was great, we couldn't say no" 

"So it's only going to be me and SeEun?" I asked

"Don't worry, we trust you both of you to keep this house stable." 

Well, some teenagers at my age would think that this was a perfect moment to chuck a party and get wasted, but right now, I'm just the child that is confused. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that my parents won't be at home but my parents are my parents so of course I would miss their presence. I gave a slight nod in agreement and they kissed me once again on the forehead. They got their luggage and walked out of the house saying their last goodbyes. Now the house was silent again. Now that I think about it, I'm always greeted by the silent air, I guess this was my fate. I let a yawn once more from my mouth and proceed to the kitchen. It was now 7:33AM and I know it's impossible for me to go back to sleep so I might as well just watch the TV like a normal teenager that has nothing else to do. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was watching a marathon of my favorite show being on TV, I was distracted by the sudden tap on my shoulder. I looked back and saw a sleepy state of my sister. I watched as she gave out a loud yawn and looked at me with those just woken up eyes. 

"Where's mum and dad?" She asked.

"They are going overseas for a few weeks, we have to take care of the house by the way" I told her

"Alright then" 

She gave me a normal response, I guess she was use to this because it happened to her when she was 10 and she got stuck with staying with Grandma. I looked at her direction and I could see that she took a packet of chips in the cardboard and then walked over to join me in the watching the show. We ate the packet of chips while laughing at some of the funny scenes in Running Man. Before we realized that we finished the packet of chips, Running Man came to an end at 10:30AM that's when we were greeted by silence again between the both of us. We finished the packet of chips in a matter of a few minutes, and just laid down on the couch like a bunch of dead people, not moving. I guess this was going to be one boring day not to mention it's the last day of the summer holidays. I think I prefer to go to school right now, I admitted silently to myself but then my thoughts drifted to Myungsoo and his pained eyes. I guess it still bothers me that maybe there is another part of Myungsoo I didn't know about, but then again, I don't think I'm in the right mind to interfere in his life overall. The feeling of caring for someone, the feeling of thinking about that person was all new to me. My sister figured that I looked lost in thought so she spoke up and broke my thoughts.

"Penny for your thoughts, since I want to know too"

"It's nothing really." I replied.

"Sure..Now tell me REALLY what's going on in that little head of yours" She emphasized.

"It's really nothing, just thinking about school, I guess" I lied.

"It's a boy, I'm guessing." 

I was silent. Sometimes, it's scary knowing my sister knows me so well to even read what's in my mind. I didn't mind because she really does help me a lot with my problems, I just don't really talk about it to her. I continued to stay in silence and she took it as a response to continue.

"This boy, goes to your school right?" She continued.

I nodded.

"What is this boy's personality like?"

"Well, his interested in photography, His really happy going, he a sociable person, He is loved by many, I guess, he is kind hearted, he--" I could go on.

"I see you're very interested, I want to meet this boy," She cut me.

"I'm not interested, don't worry" I replied.

"You may think that, but to me you really know a lot about him and that's not the Naeun I know off" 

I once again stayed silent. I hated how my sister may be correct. A thought of me liking Myungsoo, never really hit me, I just knew him by what he told me. I just thought about him a lot, I just.....know him enough. With that thought in my head, I was once again thinking about the girl in the picture. I had no chance even if I tried, thinking about those eyes, he must really miss his girlfriend. I guess. 

"He has a girlfriend anyway" I concluded without evidence.

"Bummer!" She frowned in disappointment.

I guess that wrapped up our conversation. Yeah, I'll leave it as he has a girlfriend... because that's the truth in that photo. He loves her a lot and my chance had just shrink to nothing.



A U T H O R ' S ♡ N O T E

HELLO fellow readers, yes I still have school and it's getting a bit too packed with assignments. I have a lot of exams coming up as well but I just wanted to update a quick chapter. It's a weekend right now and I finished all my homework so I might as well post a quick chapter since I didn't want to make you wait at least 10 weeks before I updated again. Like always, I won't promise any updates since I don't know myself. I hoped you liked this quick chapter. I'll update next time when I have time. Thank you for reading. ALSO, INFINITE's BACK was so BEAUTIFUL I CRIED T_T

Please COMMENT and UPVOTE, it'll would highly appreciate it ^_^

Follow me on these:
(If you're a M∞NLight)
YoutubeInstagramTumblrTwitter

And check out: 
(If you are interested in getting a poster done)

WOOULUVER: GRAPHICS SHOP

Thank you~

REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)