In Which I Felt Lost

Can U Smile in our Fairytale Love

In Which I Felt Lost



We were close. We were at the stage where it was just us. Nothing and I mean nothing was heard, only our breaths. My heart thumping the closer he was coming. My palms which was sweating at the nervousness that was in me. I closed my eyes waiting for a sudden physical contact between him and I, a once in a lifetime contact were it was impossible to return but what came instead was my phone in my pocket vibrating. We snapped back into reality and realized the sudden crowd of people staring at us, looking at us as if we were aliens who just came to Earth. We flinched back into our spots as I reached inside my pocket try to find that stupid phone. I looked at the caller ID and found out it was my mother. I sighed in despair and answered the phone.

"Hello. Mum." I answered.

"Change of plans, we're coming home, turns out it was a load of bull."

"Alright.." 

"Anything going on? Did I disturb you?" She said like she was right here.

I turned to look at the now shy Myungsoo turning and facing away from my eye contact. "No, No you didn't" 

"That's great, I thought I disturbed you with your studies, Anyway, see you soon"

The call ended after the beep was heard. I placed my phone back into my pocket and turned back to face Myungsoo who was still facing away. I guess we were both awkward, both shy. I let out a quick cough to signal that my presence was still here. He turned around to look at me while trying to avoid eye contact.

"Um, yeah, I think I should head home now." I said

"A-ah, yeah, I'll take you home" 

Before he could get out of his seat I answered. "No, it's okay, you should probably get home too. I had a great time. Thank you"

I got up from my seat and left the restaurant. I wasn't rejecting him or anything but this was just going too fast. Too quickly. What is this feeling? I walked out to the night while putting my coat on. I rubbed my arms to give extra warmth before rising my hands to signal for a taxi. After waving for a few seconds, the taxi stopped in front of me and waited. I looked up from my direction and found Myungsoo staring at me. I gave him a wave and a smile to show my appreciation for a fun day. I got into the taxi in a blink of an eye, without looking back at Myungsoo. Was this the end? I told the taxi driver my address and he nodded while driving of into the night. I sat there still and quietly while thinking back to a few minutes ago. The moment where we were almost kissing... yeah.. kissing.. I looked out of the window and watched as the night scenery passed like a typical movie where the street lights were shining on the road and where the cars were also driving pass. 

I got out of the taxi a few minutes later and paid the fee. I thanked him with a bow and walked up directly into my home. I looked around and saw the living room light beaming with light. She's probably watching something again. I fiddle with my pocket to find my keys and when I did I opened the door. Sure enough my sister was watching a show once again. Having snacks on her hands while stuffing herself and laughing at the show. I placed my keys on the counter and that's when my sister turned to face me.

"Your home. Mum's coming back"

"Yeah she called."

"Where'd you go?"

"Somewhere. I'm going to bed."

I walked upstairs to my room, a space where it was just me alone, where I could think about the moments that just pass by. I laid down on my bed with the white blank ceiling staring back at me. Staring at my loneliness and my troubles. I shuffled around and ended up lying on my side. The next minute, my eyes closed and I fell into a deep slumber as I started to dream about the changes in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NAEUNIEE!"

I turned around and encountered an Eunji running and screaming across the halls for me. She slam directly into me with a hug and started to fake cry. I gave a slight laughter and that signaled her to let go. She took the papers in her hands and held it directly in front of me. I moved a few centimeters back to examine the paper she was holding. It was an audition, an audition for the school play. I looked back at her in confusion. 

"What's wrong?"

"It's an audition, can't you see?"

"I can see but what's the big deal?"

"I've been dreaming of becoming an actor, can you come with me?"

I gave it a little thought when I thought "Why not"

She hugged me one more with more force and more happiness. This was the Eunji I knew and loved. The bell rang which signaled everyone to get to class before you get into trouble.

It was Monday, a new start of the week, where we had 4 more days till we could look forward to the weekends. It was a cycle which depends an individuals happiness and sadness. The start of the week was the day I didn't like. I hated Mondays because it just means that we are closer to the end. It was the beginning of the end. I walked into Geography class and settled down. In this class I had no one to talk to, there wasn't anyone I knew but what's the point of having new friends when relationships and friendships are bound to end?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was lunch time and I was already snacking on my lunch like a predator eating it's prey. I was hungry and no one could deny that. Eunji looked at me eating my sandwich like I was killing the poor thing but I didn't mind. I looked around my surroundings, in which I have a habit for, and my eyes landed on another pair of eyes staring at me. I swallowed the piece of bread and looked back with intensity between me and him. I guess what happened in the weekends can't be all forgotten. I turned back to face Eunji as I didn't want anything awkward to happen but as always Eunji's face was now lit up like a candle. 

"So really, what's going on between you two?"

"I don't know"

I really don't know, what is exactly going on? Are we friends? I don't know. I usually answer with an rejection that I had anything to do with anyone but this time I was concerned because I too, didn't know what are we..

"Well, it seems like something is going to become real later, just saying."

Eunji took a bite from her sandwich while giving me the eye movement that symbolizes the cheekiness in her. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I need to go to the restroom"

I got up from my seat and walked out of the cafeteria and into the ladies room. I washed my hands while adding soap. I took a glance at the mirror in front of me and stared at the reflection of me. I stood frozen for a good few minutes before realizing I left the tap running, I turned the tap and it stopped the water flow. Should I just ask him? I shook off the water droplets from my hands and took some paper towels to wipe them dry. I walked out of the restroom and found a familiar person standing, with his back on the wall and looking down. He looked up when I got out and his eyes met mine.

"Naeun, I need to talk to you."

"I need to get ba--"

"It's just going to be a few seconds"

I nodded and he dragged me to a quiet corner. I knew where this was going but hoping it doesn't happen. 

"Look, about yesterday, about you and me."

"what about you and me?" I questioned.

He let out a breath from his mouth and straighten his back.

"Naeun, I really like you and this probably isn't the first for me but I come to realize that I really like you."

"I like you too." I answered simply.

"Not as a friend, as something more."

I stared at him in confusion, something more?

"Would you go out with me?" 

"But we already went out.."

"Not like that, but as girlfriend and boyfriend."

I stared at him in more confusion but this time with shock in between. Did he just confess to me? What am I suppose to feel? What am I suppose to say?



A U T H O R ' S ♡ N O T E

HELLO~ I'm sorry that they didn't kiss but I didn't want to me them kiss if they aren't dating so I changed it up a little. ^^ I hope this was a good enough update. I'm almost coming to the start of my school holidays so meaning I'm going to have more time to write. I would like to thank to 52 subscribers I've gotten and the 9 upvotes :') You guys make me cry (In happiness). Yes this was quite short T_T sorry....

Please COMMENT and UPVOTE, it'll would highly appreciate it ^_^

Follow me on these:
(If you're a M∞NLight)
YoutubeInstagramTumblrTwitter

And check out: 
(If you are interested in getting a poster done)

WOOULUVER: GRAPHICS SHOP

Thank you~

REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)