In Which The Story Was Told

Can U Smile in our Fairytale Love

In Which The Story Was Told



I stood still with the sun blazing in the clear blue sky. I was holding onto my side-bag while waiting. With the society walking pass me minding their own business. I stared down onto my feet while waving my feet back and forth. It was currently 10:40AM and I’m meeting Myungsoo in front of a cafe, a cafe called The Romance. I lift up my head to look at my surroundings hoping to find something to pass the time. Myungsoo and I agreed to meet at 11AM but I guess just being me, I came a little too early. I sighed as I blew away the piece of hair in front of my face. I continued to examine my surroundings and my eyes stopped when I landed on a particular scene. Two people, walking and holding hands, swinging both of their hands two and fro. Laughing at each others existence. I smiled upon seeing this scene, it must be nice to fall in love. I turned my head around and was shocked by a sudden person standing next to me. I jumped a inch to the side and held my chest.

“You got to stop scaring me.”

“I know but it’s fun.”

Myungsoo smiled and I followed along. He held up 2 cups of Iced Americano in a plastic bag in front of my face. He waved it around while holding that famous smile. I took one of the cups and started to sip on it while Myungsoo did the same. We finally started to walk to who knows where. We walked side by side silently while sipping on our drinks. I turned my head to look at Myungsoo, I examined what he was wearing, a black shirt with black pants. I smiled at his fashion sense because it was just simple, like him. I looked at my clothes and better yet, I was wearing a black shirt with a heart on it while wearing white shorts. The whether today was told to be 25 degrees and wearing black would attract more heat. I didn’t mind because black is my favourite anyway. We continued our way with Myungsoo leading, I didn’t know where we were going or what we were doing today but since Myungsoo invited me, I guess he knows what’s going on.

“We’re here” He said as he stopped in his tracks

I looked around at a green grassy open field with trees and a magnificent view of the Han River. I turned back to look at Myungsoo with a confused look.

“What’s here?” I asked

“This park, here, let me show you something.”

He walked away from where we were standing and I followed. I continued to walk side by him until we arrived at what seems to be a bike rental. I gave him that confused look once more. What are we doing here?

“This is what I wanted to show you.”

“Bikes?” I asked

“Yes, bikes, want to have a ride?”

“I don’t know, I’ve never tried riding a bike.” I concluded

I really didn’t know how to ride a bike. I’ve always been isolated in my home with my parents and my sister, I didn’t think about going out or enjoying what everyone enjoys, I didn’t have a reason to go out in the first place, I would just often stay home. I also don’t know how to swim but I guess things are starting to change. I watched as Myungsoo went to get a bike, A bike, meaning only 1 bike. I gave another one of my confused look. 

“Here, I’ll teach you”

Shocked by this sudden speech, I stepped back a little.

“Oh-no, it’s okay, I’ll just walk along with you.” 

“Don’t be afraid, come on”

He grabbed my wrist while gesturing for me to sit down on the seat. I followed his command and sat down while tightly gripping on the handle bars. This was my absolute first time touching a bike so of course I would be afraid. Myungsoo gestured once more to place my feet on the pedals. I did refuse for a while but he took the alternative to place them for me. I was not gripping even more tightly at the handle bars. Myungsoo held the back of the bike and told me to trust him. I nodded in response.

“Don’t let go, alright?” I said desperately.

“It’s alright, I won’t” He answered

He told me to pedal and I did, he followed me slowly behind while holding the back on the bike and helping me move. Of course I was slow at first but soon I got use to it. He let go of my bike and let me ride on my own. I didn’t realise he had let go until I have realised my speed. I realised that I didn’t learn how to stop yet thus leading me to fall on the grass ahead. Myungsoo came running as soon as he witnessed that scene.

“Are you alright? I’m really sorry”

I got up from my fall and dust some of the dirt on my shorts. I got a little bruise from hitting the ground but it was nothing serious. I gave him a smile to signal that I was alright. 

“It’s okay, nothing serious.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You know, you should have told me you didn’t know how to stop” 

Myungsoo was now riding the bike while I was sitting at the back of him. After that accident, he has taken the alternative to ride the bike back to it’s place, I did volunteer to just walk but he just told me to sit, now here I am sitting behind him while using both of my hands and holding onto his shirt. The speed of the bike was causing my hair to blow along with the wind, I didn’t mind this of course. 

“I’m sorry”

Myungsoo continued to ride the bike along the track like an experienced person but the sudden hit on the rock had caused me to scream and wrap my both of my hands around his waist. I closed my eyes in hope that I wouldn’t get injured again. I opened my eyes after a few minutes to witness that my hands were wrapped around Myungsoo. I let go the sudden physical contact and went back to holding onto the sides of his shirt.

“Oh-my, I’m really sorry, was just scared.”

“A-ah, it’s alright”

I could sense he was also shocked, we went back to being silent while admiring the passing scenery that was moving like a movie. I watched as other bikers road by and seeing people walk along the paths. In a matter of minutes we had arrived at the bike rental to return the bike. We gave a bow to the person who took our bike and walked off. Myungsoo and I walked in silence once again, avoiding each others eyes. I took a peek at the Myungsoo walking next to me but turned back when he turned to look at me. 

“I’m sorry about that sudden contact, like I said I was scared.”

He turned to look at me but turned back when we made eye contact.

“Um, it’s really okay, I didn’t mind. Safety first right?”

I bit the bottom of my lip and nodded. Yeah, safety first alright. We once again continued to walk off in silence with the chatting society behind us and the sound of birds chirping away. I tugged on my side bag to think of something to say. I turned back around to Myungsoo to say something but was stopped when Myungsoo’s phone rang. We both stopped in our tracks and he picked up his phone.

He answered it with a simple, “Hello”

“Look, I’m busy alright, call me back later.” He hanged up.

He placed the phone back into his side pocket and looked at me. 

“Who’s that?”

“Ah, no one special.” 

I nodded once again to his response, sometimes, Myungsoo could be mysterious but other times he could seem like the happiest person on earth. 

“So where do you want to go now?”

“I’m hungry, so something to eat maybe?”

“Hmm, let’s go” He said while giving a positive tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This is so nice, thank you for recommending this place” I said as I was eating my steak.

“No problem”

We arrived at a restaurant called JKs House near the Han River. This restaurant was decorated with a red wallpaper while having artworks of our city Seoul hanging all around. The floor was also in red carpet. I ordered the steak while Myungsoo the fish and chips. It wasn’t anything fancy but it was enough to satisfy me. I used my knife to cut into the steak and stabbed the fork into the steak. I looked up to Myungsoo sitting in front of me, munching down on his chips. I placed the meat in my mouth and took some time to chew. After a few moments of eating in silence, I spoke up.

“Can I ask you a question?” I proceed

“Alright” He answered.

“What exactly is your relationship with Suzy?”

He looked at me while he stopped chewing on his chips. He took a napkin and wiped off the sauce on his mouth. 

“Well…”

“I’m sorry for suddenly bring this up..”

“Oh, it’s alright, we’re curious humans after all. Well.. she was a childhood friend when I was in Seoul, she first lived next-door and after some time, I got to know her, we bonded and got close. I then had to move to America because of my father’s business. You could say that in that time, I liked her, I admired her.”

I knew I wouldn’t like where this was going, I took some courage and continued to listen to Myungsoo’s words.

“We separated when I moved and that was the time I confessed to her, I was 8 years-old so I forgot the details. When I moved back here, this year, I totally had forgotten about her, until she showed up once again, but people change and feelings too so I only think of Suzy as a childhood friend.”

I nodded when he finished and he looked back at me with his eyes on mine. With the silence above our heads once again, we just stared at each other for a few minutes which felt like centuries to me. As the background started to become silent, the only sound I could hear was my heart beating. It just seems like everyone disappeared, me and Myungsoo were the only ones in this room. Our eyes are still connected but Myungsoo decided to inch a few centimetres closer to my face. The only thing between us was the air and the table. It was silent and with Myungsoo’s face closer to my face, the world stopped. It was me and him.. His lips and my lips….



A U T H O R ' S ♡ N O T E

Hello fellow readers, I've updated! I'm sorry I'm leaving you at that. :S I'm still busy with assignments since it's like the middle of the term and exams are pilling up but I've taken some time and updated. I would like to thank the 7 upvotes I've gotten and the 44 subscribers I've gained T_T thank you for supporting this story ^^. I hope this was a good enough chapter.

Please COMMENT and UPVOTE, it'll would highly appreciate it ^_^

Follow me on these:
(If you're a M∞NLight)
YoutubeInstagramTumblrTwitter

And check out: 
(If you are interested in getting a poster done)

WOOULUVER: GRAPHICS SHOP

Thank you~

REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)