In Which Everything Started

Can U Smile in our Fairytale Love

In Which Everything Started



Drop Drop Drop...

I watched as a raindrop splattered onto the ground and another one and another one. It was once again another gloomy rainy day. I held my black umbrella above my head. I watched as cars rode by and people walked passed. It was another city life, it was another day of my life. I stood still with the umbrella still in my hands waiting for my bus. Naeun.. that's me alright. Despite my name being beautiful and bright, I wasn't like that, at least I didn't consider myself like that. I rarely talked to anyone, I rarely lift up my head to see reality. I wouldn't consider myself the person with a dark past. Actually I had a stunning past. My family are happily married, I have a sister that cares for me and I have a shelter above my head. My life isn't considered perfect but normal. I'm normal, just like everyone else on this planet. I wake up and walk to school everyday, I finish school and come back home. I eat my dinner and go into my room and sleep. That's my life. I like my life. I wouldn't be more happier. I'm ordinary and that's how I loved it until he came...

"Excuse me, I'm looking for this school, do you perhaps know where it is?"

I looked up and saw a normal boy, he smiled at me. He looked my age. I guess. I looked at the paper he was holding in front of me. Seoul Arts High School. What a coincident. It was my school. I looked once more at the boy and answered him. 

"You take bus 43145 and it's the 4th stop"

I didn't tell him it was my school. It wasn't important anyway. He was just a stranger, a stranger that just asked a question. I answered. He stood next to me while waiting for the bus. I took out my iPod and plugged my earphones into my ear. I clicked the song Fairytale Love. I placed my iPod back into my pocket and let the song flow into my ears. Fairytale Love isn't one of the songs I would say that currently described my life. I don't need a reason to like a song. I looked up and saw my bus coming from the distance. The boy also saw it. When the bus stopped directly in front of us. I let him enter first. He thanked my with a bow. After he paid, I entered and showed the bus driver my school ID. He nodded and I proceed to my seat near the window. Everyday that I would ride the bus, the window seat was also the best. I loved looking at the scenery and also didn't want to see the reality. After staring out the window for a few minutes, the boy came and sat next to me. I looked to my left and saw him looking at me with a smile. 

"You take this bus too? Are you from Seoul Arts High School as well?"

I nodded to his question and went back to staring out the window. He didn't stop with the question though. He wouldn't stop talking...

"I'm new so I'm guess since you go to the same school we should be friends." 

He looked at me again with a smile in his face. I unplugged the earphones in my ear and tried to reply to him in the nicest way I can.

"Hello, stranger. I'm sorry but I don't know you." 

"Well, then we can get to know each other, my name is Kim Myungsoo. What's yours?"

"Naeun, Son Naeun."

I gave a simple answer. He was a stranger named Kim Myungsoo.. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out of the bus and plugged the earphones back into my ear. The boy continued to follow behind me. I ignored it and just went on with my life. I walked a few steps and then he tapped me in the shoulder.

"I need to get to the main office, could you possibly show the way?"

I sighed and nodded. I gestured for him to follow me. As I walked into the school halls, there were various girls staring and eyeing us. Probably not us but him. I could sense that he was going to be popular. He kept following behind me and I tried to keep a low profile. I would turn my head from left to right and see many girls giggling or whispering to one another. Of course, I ignored it. After arriving at the main office, he bowed to me and I bowed back. He thanked me and entered the office. I walked off and went to my locker that was located at the end of the school halls. With my earphones still in my ear, I continued to mind my own business and reached my locker. I punched in the combination and opened it. I took out my science, English and math book as that's what I have today. I closed my locker and was surprised with a familiar face staring at me. 

"Yah, Naeun, guess what?"

My friend, Jung Eunji. She was the very first friend I had. She talked to me when no one couldn't. She supported me when no one cared thus she being my best friend. I smile to my happy-go friend and signaled her to continue with her statement. I closed my locker completely shut and turned to her view so she could explain. 

"I heard that this hot guy has entered our school. Well if you ask for my opinion, he isn't that hot. Don't see what's the big deal"

"Kim Myungsoo"

"Huh?"

"His name is Kim Myungsoo, that's what I got"

"How do you know that?"

"I met him while on my way to school. His just a stranger to me anyway"

"But you know his name? don't think his a stranger anymore"

I paused for a while. Maybe the boy, Kim Myungsoo isn't a stranger to me because I know his name but that doesn't change the fact I know nothing about him, other than him being a boy and his quite tall. That's all. The bell rang for classes and me and Eunji said our goodbyes and went to our designated classroom. As I was on my way to class while holding 3 books in my hand. I bumped into someone. 

"I'm sorry" 

I ignored whoever I bumped to and apologized, I didn't want to be late so I ignored his response as well but...

"Naeun!"

I turned around and saw him there standing and smiling directly at me. 

"What class do you have now?" 

"I have science, so I really need to get going" 

"Coincidence much? I have science too, what classroom?"

"Bh13"

"Same! Let's walk together"

In my whole life, this is the first time I've met such a bright person. He didn't let me answer and just dragged me. With the 3 books still in my hand and my bag on my back, he was dragging me. He must have noticed me struggling and helped me with my books. I thanked him and we made our way to science. As I entered the class, multiple students were staring at my entrance but to be honest, I don't think it was me they were looking at. I turned to look at what the students are looking at and it was Myungsoo. Myungsoo decided to sit behind me.. This is going to be a tough year, I thought to myself. The lesson went on which the teacher lecturing about atoms while I was staring out the window. Yes, I have a seat near the window. It was fortunate for me to actually get this seat so I was happy but didn't show it. I continued to look at the rain pouring outside my window and the little birds trying to fly. As I was in my own state, I was brought back when the teacher demanded me to answer the question in our textbook. I looked flustered and stuttered for a while before I heard a whisper..

"The answer is C."

"C!" I said to the teacher

The teacher looked at me for a second before saying I was correct. I looked behind me and Myungsoo gave a salute. I gave him a small smile and turned back to the front of the classroom. He saved me from trouble...

~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rang for lunch and I got up from my seat and started to pack my things up. As I was walking out of the room, I was stopped by a voice.

"Where are you having lunch?" Myungsoo asked

"I'm having it at the cafeteria? It's where we are SUPPOSE to have lunch?"

He laughed at my statement. "I like your sense of humor, mind letting me join you?"

I hesitated for a while until I nodded to give my approval. He followed me once again into the cafeteria. I lined up with a tray in my hands, waiting to get my lunch and Myungsoo did the same. When I finally got my lunch, Mac and cheese. I walked to my friend Eunji. She waved to me from afar and I settled next to her. Myungsoo followed and sat in front of us. Eunji looked at Myungsoo and back at me. I was enjoying my Mac and Cheese when Eunji suddenly whispered to me.

"Is this Kim Myungsoo?" She said in a shocked tone.

I nodded once again and continued to eat my lunch in peace. I could sense that Eunji was staring at Myungsoo for quite a while eating her lunch. Myungsoo also saw it and smiled back at her. I finished my Mac and Cheese along with Myungsoo and Eunji finishing after me. 

"So Myungsoo.. where are you from?" I heard Eunji ask

"Actually I just came back from living in the United States" 

"Interesting." 

It was silent after that. It was a short simple conversation. Nothing really interesting in their conversation so I zoned out after a while. I once again took out my iPod and plugged the earphones into my ear, listening to once again, Fairytale Love. Along with listening to music, I took out a book to read. I wasn't the type to communicate with people in the first place, Eunji usually just talks to me while I just stare and nod. It was all I could actually say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

School ended and everyone was rushing out like wild bees. I, on the other hand, took my time. As I walked out of the school halls with the bag leaning on one side of my shoulder and my iPod in my hand ready to listen to music while going home. I was stopped once again by Kim Myungsoo. He wanted to walk home together and I didn't really mind since I wouldn't be talking anyway. I went onto the bus with Myungsoo following right behind me. I sat at, once again, the window seat. 

"You must really love windows and I realized you're the quiet type" Myungsoo started

"Yeah." And that's how I ended it.. 

The ride home was a normal activity but this time slightly different as I have a boy next to me. A boy named Kim Myungsoo...



A U T H O R ' S ♡ N O T E


Yeps, that's the beginning. It isn't really that good in my opinion but I think it works. I actually wanted to make Naeun the anti social person but I decided, she need a friend, so I added Eunji. Yeah. I actually was about to make Myungsoo a bad guy/player in this story too but I was like "nah, that doesn't suit the story line I was aiming for" so yeah I decided with a happy-go-lucky Myungsoo. C: I hoped I did alright for this chapter and I won't make any promises but I'll update soon. :)

Please COMMENT and UPVOTE, it'll would highly appreciate it ^_^

Follow me on these:
(If you're a M∞NLight)
YoutubeInstagramTumblrTwitter

And check out: 
(If you are interested in getting a poster done)

WOOULUVER: GRAPHICS SHOP

Thank you~

REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)