PRIDE AND FUN

Five Adorable Butlers
CHAPTER 3

PRIDE AND FUN




"One, two. One two."
Shin Rae counted while she ran side by side with Changsun. Both of them spend their time at the field today. She must fit. That's the only way she can maintain her weight and stamina.
"You already make any plan for the festival?" Changsun asked.
Shin Rae shook her head. "I hate flowers. I'm not interested."
Changsun smiled. He looked at Shin Rae and she continued running.
"I can go with you if you want. I mean, have some fun."
Shin Rae laughed. "I know its school festival. But the only thing I can see that day, boyfriend and girlfriend. Flowers and kissed. Ewww...grossed."
"Hey, you should take a chance. Boys from Hangul Boys High School will come right? Find someone and you should date him."
Shin Rae stopped. Changsun followed her and they looked at each other.
"Shin Rae sshi. Don't tell me you're not interested with a man." Changsun stared at her.
Shin Rae laughed. She holds Changsun shoulders. "I've dated someone before. I like man but I'm not ready to have boyfriend at this moment. I have you as my butler. I think that's already enough for me."
Changsun sighed.
"I can learn about man from you, right?" She blinked her eyes a couple of times.
"Yeah. But you can't fall in love with me." He !
"I won't break the rules because of man." She laughed.
Both of them ran again. Shin Rae looked at Changsun and shouted!
"Yaa...Lee Changsun! Race!" She makes a sprint and Changsun doesn't want to lose. Both of them ran as fast as they can. They chased one another.
They stopped when they reach 200 metres. Shin Rae took a deep breath and let it go a couple of times. She collapsed on the tracks. Changsun smiled and sat beside her. Both of them look at each other and laughed!
"It's fun. I'm glad that you're my butler."
Changsun smiled. "And I know I don't choose a wrong person to work with. I will serve for you as long as you need me."
Shin Rae smiled. She stood up and stretching her body. "I need to go to shower room. You want to join me?"
Changsun stared at her. Shocked!
Shin Rae laughed! "Hey, you should use the men shower room."
Changsun chuckled. He nodded and both of them walk together.



"Lee Changsun!" Shin Rae called his name but no answer. She scratched her hair. Weird. It's already half an hour. Shin Rae shuffled in front of men shower room. She looked at her watch. She had another class in ten minutes. She will be late!
She took a deep breath. What should she do? She clinched her fist and makes a decision. Slowly she entered the room but nobody there.
"Lee Changsun. Are you here?" She called him again.
No answer. She turned and stunned. She covered with her palm!
"Shin Rae sshi. What are you doing here?" Changsun looked at her.
She shook her head. Changsun stands in front of her. His hair still wet. But, he just covered his lower body with towel! Shin Rae totally thinks her eyes will pop out!
Changsun smiled and walked to his bag. He took out new clothes and wears it.
"It's not my fault. Anyway, you said you want to learn about man from me. I never thought you will enter to this room." Changsun glanced at her.
"I know. I'll wait you outside okay?" Quickly Shin Rae went out. She lean her body on the wall. She took a deep breath. She really can't breathe right now!
Shin Rae bites her nail. "D*mn! Hot! Honey abs." She half whispered.




Cheolyong ran and climbed the stairs. He turned, looked at Ha Nah and dragged her to follow him. They already late! The class started fifteen minutes ago.
"Cheolyong! Wait...wait...," She pulled her hand.
Cheolyong turned and he saw Ha Nah picked her books on the floor. Cheolyong shook his head, kneel down and helped her.
"I want to skip my class for today." Suddenly Ha Nah stood up and walked.
Chulyong stared at her. He followed her from behind. "Ha Nah sshi."
Ha Nah keep walking.
"You have to go to your class right now."
Ha Nah stopped and stared at Cheolyong. "I hate class."
Both of them looked at each other but suddenly they can hear someone called Ha Nah's name. Chundoong smiled and walked near to them.
He bows a little to show some respect. Cheolyong looked at him. Ha Nah sighed and scratched her hair.
"Ha Nah sshi, Agasshi want to see you." Chundoong looked at her.
"Why?"
Chundoong shook his head. Cheolyong looked at Ha Nah and Chundoong. Best student want to see the worst student of this school? It's sound interesting.
Without saying anything, both of them followed Chundoong. Ha Nah walked so fast.
"What's going on?" Cheolyong asked, half whispered.
Chundoong shook his head."I don't know. I think they have some serious business to deal."
"Really?"
Chundoong nodded.
They arrived at Pearly Room. It's a room for students do their homework or revision. Ji Na stands near to window. She turned when she realize Ha Nah and two butlers entered the room.
She took a chair and sat. Ha Nah sighed. She walked near to Ji Na, pulled a chair and sat in front of her. Both of them looked at each other and no smile appeared at their face. They looked so serious.
"I trust my butler. Whatever I told you today, I won't keep it as a secret from him. How about you?" Ji Na stared at Ha Nah.
Ha Nah looked at Cheolyong who standing not far from them. She stared at him and Cheolyong smiled. Ha Nah smiled back.
"My butler is the only person who chooses me even I'm a worst student in this school. Bang Cheolyong is my pride."
Cheolyong shocked. He stared at Ha Nah.
"Secret, even the worst thing that happened in my life, if he asked me, I will tell him. I don't think I have any problem to share my secret with him." Ha Nah smirked.
Ji Na took a deep breath. She took a little box from her bag and put it in front of Ha Nah.
"My mother asks me to give this to you."
Ha Nah stared at Ji Na. "What is that?"
"She told me that you should see it by yourself."
Ha Nah took the little box and opened it. Her eyes wide open. She looked so angry. She throws the little box and Ji Na shocked.
"That's your present! You can't do this!" Ji Na stood up.
"Really? A diamond ring? What she thinks she's doing? She can buy me?!" Her voice aloud.
"Kim Ha Nah!" Ji Na yelled.
She totally stunned when suddenly Ha Nah slapped her face. Chundoong and Cheolyong completely shocked. Chundoong tried to help but Ji Na put up her hand and shook her head. Chundoong stopped and looked at her.
Ji Na rubbed her cheek. She stared at Ha Nah.
"You don't know how to respect me, Han Ji Na?"
"I'm sorry."
"Show some respect or I will make sure you can't finish your study here. I don't have any problem to do that, Ji Na."
Chundoong and Cheolyong still can't believe what they saw. Ji Na looked scared.
"Tell your mother that I can't accept her present." Ha Nah patted her shoulders and walked.
"Unnie...," Suddenly Ji Na called Ha Nah. Chundoong and Cheolyong looked at them. Unnie?
Ha Nah turned. "You can call me, unnie but I can't accept that." She shook her head. "Anyway, send my regards to our father. Tell him, I can't be a good daughter."
She walked out and Cheolyong followed her.
Chundoong went near to Ji Na. She sat on the floor and cried!
"Agasshi...," Chundoong kneel down.
"She hates me."
"It's not your fault."
Ji Na shook her head. She was crying. Softly, Chundoong grabbed Ji Na's shoulders and hugged her.
"Trust me, agasshi. One day she will accept you."





Ha Nah stopped. She sighed and scratched her hair.
"Ha Nah sshi." Cheolyong called her.
Ha Nah clinched her fist. She looked at Cheolyong. "I hate her. I really...really...hate her."
"You hate her mother not her. You can't do this. She's your sister."
Ha Nah stared at Cheolyong. "I hate both of them."
Cheolyong sighed. Ha Nah walked but she stopped when Cheolyong grabbed her wrist. She stared at him and Cheolyong looked at her.
"You said I'm your pride. You also said that you won't keep any secret from me. I choose you because I'm afraid to work with people who I can't predict what they can do. I thought you're simple girl but I'm wrong. Your life more complicated than I think."
"What are you trying to say to me?"
"If I'm really your pride, please Ha Nah sshi. Accept your sister. I don't want to be part of your pride, if you can't show some respect to other people. It's hurt me."
Ha Nah sighed. She tried to pull her hand but Cheolyong still hold it.
"You scare me today. I don't think I can work for you anymore." Cheolyong let her hand go and walked.
"Bang Cheolyong...,"
No answer.
"Cheolyong! You can't do this to me!" She walked and yelled.
Suddenly he stopped. Ha Nah hugged him from behind!
"Cheolyong. I only have you as my friend."
Cheolyong touched her hands. "Ha Nah sshi...,"
"I accept even the whole world hate me. But not you, Cheolyong. From the day you choose me, I promise to myself. I will respect you no matter what."
Cheolyong stunned. Pride? Respect? Secret? Is he really that important to Kim Ha Nah?




Ma Ri opened her eyes. She can't sleep. The clock ticking. Almost 12.45 a.m. She gets up and placed her ear on the wall. Her bedroom next to Byunghee's bedroom.
"Jung Byung Hee...," She called his name.
"Yes, Ma Ri sshi. Is everything alright?" She can hear Byunghee voice.
She sighed. "Do you hate me?"
Byunghee laughed. "Maybe."
She took a deep breath. "Fine. You can sleep." She gives up.
"Are you alright?"
"No." Ma Ri shook.
Once again, he laughed.
"I still remember when the first time we met. Sweet girl, adorable smile. And I can't stop myself from staring at you. I don't blame you when you write that letter to me. I'm worried about you. I don't want you to ruin your future because of me."
Ma Ri nodded her head.
"I'm your butler now. You can accept that, right?"
"Yes."
"Good night, Ma Ri sshi."
"Good night, Byunghee." Ma Ri lying on her bed, grabbed a blanket and force herself to sleep.




Ji Na stared at the sky. She smiled.
"Agasshi...,"
"Yes."
"I really want to know about you and Ha Nah sshi. Your family name is Han but she's Kim. Why it's different?"
"She uses her mother's family name. For Ha Nah and her mother, my father never exists. But that's not their fault. My father leaves her mother when she's pregnant three months. He married my mom but he never care about Ha Nah."
Chundoong nodded.
"Two years ago Ha Nah's mother pass away. She lives with her grandfather. And I think you know her grandfather."
Chundoong stared at Ji Na. "Are you sure? Who?"
Ji Na smiled. "Kim Do Woo."
Chundoong shocked. He shook his head. "No way."
Ji Na nodded.
"Wait a minute. I'm worried about Cheolyong right now. But I can't tell him about this right?"
Once again Ji Na nodded. "Let Ha Nah tell him. I think that's better."



Seungho placed her head on the table. He looks at Boo Mi but she still concentrated on her homework.
"Boo Mi sshi...,"
"You can sleep if you want. It's 01.00 a.m already."
"Just finish your homework tomorrow. Weekend, right?"
Boo Mi smiled and looked at Seungho. "I have date tomorrow. Don't you remember?"
Seungho scratched his hair. He almost forgets about that. "Flowers Festival."
"Yes, it is." Boo Mi laughed. "I will introduce you to my boyfriend, okay?"
He nodded and smiled.
"Anyway, what should I wear for my date?"
"I'm not expert with a girl thing. Maybe simple blouse and jeans?"
Boo Mi smiled. "Great. I think that's a good idea."
"Really?" Seungho looked excited!
Boo Mi nodded her head.